C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads and Intake Manifold Gains on a P1SC?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 11:27 PM
Megatronss
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads and Intake Manifold Gains on a P1SC?

590rwhp right now procharged (and full exhaust), running at 4 lbs of boost on a 07Z - what do you guys think my gains would be with a ported stock TB, heads, and a ported FAST 102 or maybe MSD?
Old 02-22-2018, 02:52 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Megatronss
590rwhp right now procharged (and full exhaust), running at 4 lbs of boost on a 07Z - what do you guys think my gains would be with a ported stock TB, heads, and a ported FAST 102 or maybe MSD?
Add meth a pulley down. P1SC is a 1200cfm blower if I can remember over the years. Plenty for the stock bottom end. Add a few pounds, meth, and injore the extra 100hp.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:52 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Heads can be done for safety, but skip them for power. They should be addressed either way.

The rest, just skip. Add meth, pulley down, get rid of the restrictive PC intake, and you can probably make 650-700rwhp which is all that blower will do.

Avoid plastic intakes on boosted cars. They barely stay together on NA cars, let alone boosted cars.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:21 PM
Megatronss
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Heads can be done for safety, but skip them for power. They should be addressed either way.

The rest, just skip. Add meth, pulley down, get rid of the restrictive PC intake, and you can probably make 650-700rwhp which is all that blower will do.

Avoid plastic intakes on boosted cars. They barely stay together on NA cars, let alone boosted cars.
i appreciate the advice, that makes sense. Any idea ballpark on how much a meth injection setup would cost, not including tune? Shop would be doing it I’m not familiar

the other thing I’m thinking is that I’d love to get more of the power mid range as to the upper rpm range when the car is boosting. Think a small cam would still be a better option for the power goal than a new manifold?
Old 02-22-2018, 04:26 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Alky Control is about $700. Figure half a day in labor to install it.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:11 PM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Megatronss

i appreciate the advice, that makes sense. Any idea ballpark on how much a meth injection setup would cost, not including tune? Shop would be doing it I’m not familiar

the other thing I’m thinking is that I’d love to get more of the power mid range as to the upper rpm range when the car is boosting. Think a small cam would still be a better option for the power goal than a new manifold?
As already stated, no need to touch the intake. The cam will better suit your goals and spinning the blower harder will help you make more boost sooner in the rpm range as well.

Get notified of new replies

To Heads and Intake Manifold Gains on a P1SC?

Quick Reply: Heads and Intake Manifold Gains on a P1SC?