C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 zo6 Nitrous build

Old 02-27-2018, 03:09 PM
injfuel
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 2006 zo6 Nitrous build

Ok so I've done a few nitrous setups on previous mustangs I've had so I'm very familiar with all the ins and outs of a good clean nitrous install . I've been accumulating parts over that past couple months and I'm pretty sure I have everything I need , quick backdrop on the car
AHP "street" port package 4 heads
Comp cams shelf cam 231/247 653/661
1 7/8 long tubes w/catted x pipe and 3 inch muffler mod
Air Raid Cai
Cars ran solely on e85
Walbro 450 pump with both Racetronix harnesses
FIC 80lb injectors
Car has 24k miles on it .

Car made 541/511 with ported stock intake and throttle body , I then installed a unported Fast 102 and made 538/520 (I know people say this all the time but I drove my car 1.5 hours to the Dyno and he put it straight on the rollers , temp on Dyno printout said 91 degrees so I know at the very least it had a few more ponies in it) I just did some trading around and got an unported MSD and I swapped the Air Raid out for a Vararam Cai , I'm going this Friday to get some new baselines with the MSD and Vararam so I know my starting point .

I just got a Monster LT1-SC twin disk clutch and a basic wet nitrous kit that I'll be installing after my baseline numbers . I also have a Lingenfelter LNC-2000 timing retard box and a MSD digital wot/window switch as well. I plan on pulling fuel from my line right before my flex fuel sensor as I'll need a simple AN fitting to tap into it , I'm planning on spraying 100 shot but would be willing to bump it up to 125 as I'm trying to get as close to 700 wheel as possible .

I'm hoping to get in all installed and back on the Dyno within a month , I'll be doing all my own work and I'm super meticulous with the wiring and such so it should be a very clean install . I'm plan on posting my progress and any pointers along the way will be greatly appreciated .

Last edited by injfuel; 03-05-2018 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:31 PM
injfuel
Racer

Ok I got my MSD ported , I feel like I did a decent job considering I'm an ametuer wielding a burr bit and sanding wheel , will post a pic of why I took out and a pic of one of the ports , I smoothed out all the factory glued connections , I'm using a ported stock throttle body as well , I'm going to post my Dyno sheet and I'm sure I'll get the normal "your car should make more power than that" and that's cool , after being on the Dyno 50+ times over the past 12 years with 3 different cars the phrase I've heard more than any from my friends building cars is "I did the same build , why didn't my car make as much power as so and so's car" . The Dyno I was on I feel is not as generous as some and I have to consider I have AHPs basic "street" porting , crappy OBX headers with a small collector , catted x-pipe , a shelf comp cam and a Vararam cold air , I do have some good reliable parts but nothing near a max effort n/a car , obviously with 550/535 the car is extremely fast and drives amazing . I would like to note that I was very impressed with the hp/tq increase over the unported Fast 102 , not only did I pick up 12hp/15tq peak , it seemed to pick up a little more in some places throughout the curve and carried that extra hp/tq from 3500 to redline . So moving forward I will be installing the lingenfelter box and my digital NX wot/window switch along with my nitrous kit . After discussing my plans with my tuner , which included him informing me how low the ethanol content gets in the winter and early spring (I was on e60 at time of tuning) I could either run a standalone with race fuel or make sure I knew what my ethanol content was and adjust jetting accordingly . According to a chart we looked at the difference in jetting from e60 to e80 would be 20% more fuel needed . Which honestly was a surprise to me . So I'll have to be testing what I get out of the pump every time to be safe if I plan to pull fuel from the rail for my nitrous kit .

Old 03-04-2018, 04:19 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 896 Likes on 685 Posts

Can't argue with those gains.. You may have to throw in the 125 jet to eclipse the 700 mark.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:25 PM
injfuel
Racer

Originally Posted by jayyyw
Can't argue with those gains.. You may have to throw in the 125 jet to eclipse the 700 mark.
Yes I was happy , I didn't post It but my Dyno numbers with the stock ported intake were 541/511 , so I did pick up tq with the unported Fast but honestly I don't think it was worth it considering the hp it put out , I know it dropped 3hp but it was also 91 degrees when dynoed the fast and my car was hot , so I feel it was probably the same as my stock ported intake maybe a couple extra ponies were to be had but that's only speculation

And yes I figured I'd need the 125 jets
Old 03-04-2018, 09:32 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

91 and heat will make a big difference on the dyno. That very well might explain the difference in HP.

Nice job and very nice numbers!!!

HP@americanheritageperformance.com
310-326-2399

http://www.americanheritageperformance.com/

Get notified of new replies

To 2006 zo6 Nitrous build

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 zo6 Nitrous build