C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can i go FI(NOW)after im "maxed" NA?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 03:27 AM
1FastAzzC6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can i go FI(NOW)after im "maxed" NA?

I have a 2006 6.0 LS2 with mass air, ported and polished stock throttle body, fast 102 intake, small cam, CNC heads & ZR1 exhaust. it dyno'd 490 rwhp. now, can I add an EDLEBROCK SUPERCHARGER( MINUS MY FAST INTAKE I GUESS) and have it tuned for 600 to 625RWHP???? And not risk owning a ticking timebomb??technically, id like to mirror C6 ZR1 numbers or close. seems tho I'm the only person who thinks it cant be done without going into the bottom end & therefore huge bucks...therefore...forget it. plz help
Old 05-09-2018, 11:03 AM
camarokidz28
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

What are the cam specs? 600-625 sounds fine.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:50 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Depends. Max NA typically includes a big high overlap cam, and high compression from milled heads, which both can be negative and hurt with a blower. If you didn't do those, then you are not maxed NA, but are more ready to swap a blower on.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:02 AM
0JUICED1
Former Vendor

Received 347 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Depends. Max NA typically includes a big high overlap cam, and high compression from milled heads, which both can be negative and hurt with a blower. If you didn't do those, then you are not maxed NA, but are more ready to swap a blower on.
+1. High compression and boost don't really mix well. Assuming you have a stock short block with a small cam (like you mentioned) you should be ready to go. With most supercharged LS motors having a small cam and headers will go a long way to adding power. When you're ready give us a call and we'll cut you a good deal on a blower kit

Get notified of new replies

To Can i go FI(NOW)after im "maxed" NA?

Quick Reply: Can i go FI(NOW)after im "maxed" NA?