C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-force disappointing results

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 12:17 AM
russ472
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 161 Posts

I think the timing could be bumped up a little, its a tad rich commanded at WOT, and all of your torque management looks to be stock.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:46 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

IMO timing is really low, boost also seems to be bouncing around a bit after 4500 RPM's or so, I see it fluctuating over 1.5psi, which seems like a lot to me when max is under 6psi. But I've never tuned an e-force setup so maybe that part is normal?

Hard to say how rich it is without a wideband but judging by the factory O2's it's def rich, 930mV or so is pretty dang rich typically

My opinion? It could handle a lot more timing and probably to be leaned out some too. Looks like torque management is pulling a lot of timing early in each pull I'm not saying to totally disable on an A6.. but might be a bit much. I'd probably leave that alone for now and try more timing though.

I don't really see burst KR or regular ol knock retard doing much honestly.. just seems like torque management and low timing to me. One thing everyone should keep in mind is when you try to use the "Knock retard" parameter in VCM Scanner and it asks you if you want to use the generic one.. if you say yes it uses "total knock retard" which includes pretty much every type of ignition retard imaginable, so don't use that one unless that's what you want to see.. say no. I've complained about this but haven't gotten it changed.

Can you also add dynamic airflow to channels you're logging? Also add knock learn, I'm curious to see where it's at between using the High/Low octane timing tables.

Last edited by schpenxel; 07-08-2018 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:58 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by schpenxel
IMO timing is really low, boost also seems to be bouncing around a bit after 4500 RPM's or so, I see it fluctuating over 1.5psi, which seems like a lot to me when max is under 6psi. But I've never tuned an e-force setup so maybe that part is normal?

Hard to say how rich it is without a wideband but judging by the factory O2's it's def rich, 930mV or so is pretty dang rich typically

My opinion? It could handle a lot more timing and probably to be leaned out some too. Looks like torque management is pulling a lot of timing early in each pull I'm not saying to totally disable on an A6.. but might be a bit much. I'd probably leave that alone for now and try more timing though.

Can you also add dynamic airflow to channels you're logging? Also add knock learn, I'm curious to see where it's at between using the High/Low octane timing tables.
Thanks for taking a look, my EIO PLUG came in Saturday from BTR so I plan to setup the temporary wideband tomorrow. I am hoping to have this sorted out soon because I maybe out out commission from a surgery. I have a set of header that should be here on the 10th and I know if I install them I will be compounding the issue. I will include them in the next log.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:22 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Sounds good. I’ll check them out once you get the wireband added in
Old 07-09-2018, 01:03 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Sounds good. I’ll check them out once you get the wireband added in
What are there any other options to hookup a temporary wideband to the stock exhaust besides dropping the passengers side cat and weld a bung.......the reason I asking is because I will have the header set in tomorrow and trying to avoid as much abuse to my body before I get surgery lol ....thanks
Old 07-09-2018, 01:14 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

You could pull one of the front O2 sensors out and replace it with the wideband temporarily and run the car in open loop. Not ideal but I'm sure worse has been done. The correct way would be like you said, to add another bung pre-cat and use that for the wideband
Old 07-09-2018, 01:21 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

You could pull one of the front O2 sensors out and replace it with the wideband temporarily and run the car in open loop. Not ideal but I'm sure worse has been done. The correct way would be like you said, to add another bung pre-cat and use that for the wideband
I was afraid you would say that....weld the bung it is then lol.... I will weld in this location

Last edited by XX; 07-09-2018 at 01:22 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:26 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Yeah, that's where I added one on mine

On the LS7 manifolds I was able to get an exhaust shop to do it in like 30 minutes without removing anything from the car. $25 later I was glad I didn't try to do it myself

I have a feeling it might not be doable on the LS2/3 stuff though, I can't remember exactly how it looks assembled. It's worth a look though to see if it's a possibility before pulling it apart IMO
Old 07-09-2018, 01:29 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Yeah, that's where I added one on mine

On the LS7 manifolds I was able to get an exhaust shop to do it in like 30 minutes without removing anything from the car. $25 later I was glad I didn't try to do it myself

I have a feeling it might not be doable on the LS2/3 stuff though, I can't remember exactly how it looks assembled. It's worth a look though to see if it's a possibility before pulling it apart IMO
That section on the ls3 is towards the rear under neat everything so it must be dropped. Oh well someone has to do it.....poor me lol
Old 07-09-2018, 02:01 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

I may do open loop.there is not much distance from a weld in bung compared to the front O2 sensor. Your opinion please

Old 07-09-2018, 02:05 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

I prefer closed loop since that's how it would normally be ran. There's no reason the wideband won't function correctly in the factory O2 spot though, I've done it that way also. Just prefer having everything like it would be during normal driving.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:40 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

I prefer closed loop since that's how it would normally be ran. There's no reason the wideband won't function correctly in the factory O2 spot though, I've done it that way also. Just prefer having everything like it would be during normal driving.
I have a delay in the wideband install, eldobrock wanted me to data log with the x4 so now it's too hot to mess with. They also verified that I do have the correct tune as is. It actuality felt a bit better this pull.

Last edited by XX; 07-09-2018 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:39 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Was it cooler air temp wise by chance or anything like that?
Old 07-09-2018, 08:57 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Was it cooler air temp wise by chance or anything like that?
Yes dyno day was mid to high 90°'s with 90+ humidity, Today during wot pull 77°-84° with humidity mid 60's. I was soaked like everyone else that was at the dyno day, and to add it's was around a 20+ min drive there with about a 15 min wait till pull so the car was heat soaked also. We are around 8' above sea level here, the gulf of mexico is in my back yard.

Last edited by XX; 07-09-2018 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:50 PM
mikecronis
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Odd readings. I get 472Hp at-altitude (6000 ft) with my Stage 1 GS-dry-sump-6M. I do get a bit of bog from 1.5k to 2.0k RPM when it enters enrichment-mode, however (and is annoying). Runs rich, blackened pipes a bit. Opens her eyes at 4k-5k RPM and 100+ MPH with more air-rush.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:21 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by mikecronis
Odd readings. I get 472Hp at-altitude (6000 ft) with my Stage 1 GS-dry-sump-6M. I do get a bit of bog from 1.5k to 2.0k RPM when it enters enrichment-mode, however (and is annoying). Runs rich, blackened pipes a bit. Opens her eyes at 4k-5k RPM and 100+ MPH with more air-rush.
It was definitely heatsoaked from the drive there and the 10-15min wait sitting in the sun with hood shut then pulled in for dyno. My altitude on average 3' - 8' in my area and like you it does run rich with blackened pipes. I kinda knew before hand what to expect, I just didn't expect it would have been that bad for a high dollar anchor on the nose when comparing it to a $7xx. cam kit. I guess you can say that I do regret this mod and may put it on the wife's gs. Oh and I almost forgot you have the 544hp kit and I did the 3.5 pulley and z06 pump so your better off than I.

Last edited by XX; 07-14-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:53 AM
Sphurley
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Find a tuner that knows what he is doing before you hurt the car. I"m making the same power you are without a cam or a blower and I have a A6.
The Force was my next mod.

Get notified of new replies

To E-force disappointing results

Old 07-21-2018, 02:48 AM
mikecronis
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by XX
It was definitely heatsoaked from the drive there and the 10-15min wait sitting in the sun with hood shut then pulled in for dyno. My altitude on average 3' - 8' in my area and like you it does run rich with blackened pipes. I kinda knew before hand what to expect, I just didn't expect it would have been that bad for a high dollar anchor on the nose when comparing it to a $7xx. cam kit. I guess you can say that I do regret this mod and may put it on the wife's gs. Oh and I almost forgot you have the 544hp kit and I did the 3.5 pulley and z06 pump so your better off than I.
I have the Stage-1 kit.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:58 AM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Received 1,314 Likes on 886 Posts

Did you ever figure out what the issue was with your car?
Old 03-17-2019, 02:22 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Spaceme1117
Did you ever figure out what the issue was with your car?
Sorry I have not done anything else to the car due to the back surgery I had a week later after my last post here. Looks like I may need another back surgery since it did not help. But back to the car, I may have driven it another 200 miles in the cooler weather and you can tell the difference. When I did the dyno it was very hot and humid around 96 degrees with over 90% humidity with a heat soaked engine from the drive there, 10-15 mins parked before strapped to dyno and I didn't open the hood so that didn't help. The tuner said it was heat soaked as he hooked it up to the dyno and after the pulls he said it may be cats blown. You get what you pay for on a dyno day when everything is in a rush.
The following users liked this post:
Spaceme1117 (03-17-2019)

Quick Reply: E-force disappointing results