C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Z06 Magnacharger front drive pulley setup question

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 03:32 PM
BmanZ06
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default C6 Z06 Magnacharger front drive pulley setup question

Hey guys, I’m wondering how to convert the Magnuson TVS2300 Magnacharger to an 8-rib / 10-Rib setup for my 2007 C6 Z06 with a fully built 427 LSX. Lingenfelter still has the conversion on their site but recently called and told me that it is no longer available as they don’t make the parts for it anymore. I was looking at innovators West 8 & 10rib pulley conversion kits for the LS7 but since it’s just the pulleys I wasn’t sure what else I would need to complete the front drive conversion from the stock 6 rib setup from Magnuson to an 8 or 10rib. Any advice will help. Thank you

here is the link to the Innovators west setup:
https://innovatorswest.com/905-10-Rib-Kit.html
Old 07-04-2018, 10:40 AM
BmanZ06
Racer

Bump
Old 07-04-2018, 11:06 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

Talk to Brian at superchargersonline.com. He's been around TVS blowers as long as anyone. Used to work for Magnuson.

Have you swapped the rear pulleys side for side?
Old 07-06-2018, 09:33 PM
BmanZ06
Racer

Originally Posted by old motorhead
Talk to Brian at superchargersonline.com. He's been around TVS blowers as long as anyone. Used to work for Magnuson.

Have you swapped the rear pulleys side for side?
Cool I’ll give him a call on Monday. I will be swapping to a 1:1 COG rear pulley setup
Old 07-07-2018, 04:40 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by BmanZ06

Cool I’ll give him a call on Monday. I will be swapping to a 1:1 COG rear pulley setup
What's your rear drive set up now? I'm guessing you're underdriven with a 3" pulley on the jackshaft driving a 3.49" pulley on the back of the blower. If so, just reverse those two pulleys to make it overdriven on the rear. Don't have to buy anything, just swap the pulleys side for side. If you're dead set on cogged rears, get an overdrive set, not 1:1. You'll have to clearance the fuel rail next to the jackshaft pulley if you use cogged rear pulleys. You won't have to do that if you use the stock rear pulleys and just reverse them. It's close, but doesn't rub. Overdriving the rear pulley set is something you have to do (not optional) if you're trying to get the most out of a jackshaft TVS2300. The overdriven rear pulleys allow you to use a bigger front pulley that will result in less belt slip and still have faster blower speeds. It's a win win.

Going from underdrive to overdrive on the rear pulleys makes quite a big difference in blower speeds. You'll see more power and boost. Have your tooner check it over before going WOT.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Z06 Magnacharger front drive pulley setup question

Quick Reply: C6 Z06 Magnacharger front drive pulley setup question