C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

first issue with new build

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 01:24 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts

Default first issue with new build

just finished new driveline and added some power....Under Hard acceleration in 2nd gear i'm getting squealing/slipping coming from what i think os the pass rear wheel area? not evey time....but when you really got your foot in it? it's a rotational noise for sure (like brake pad shutter on a rusty/wet rotor).... I recently changed fluids to amsoil w/ friction modifier addative in the diff? have also installed new mantic twin disc clutch (200 miles). thoughts?
Old 07-14-2018, 06:35 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 286 Posts

I can't help...but that never stopped me before.

If you do slow speed figure 8's (perhaps with a little acceleration too to apply the clutch pack) wouldn't you hear any rear diff clutch chatter? If none there, I might consider ruling that out. If in doubt I don't think a double shot of the additive would hurt, at least to rule that out. You could always change the fluid again...

I have a vibration/rubbing somewhere from my ZR1 exhaust (I think). I still haven't located it...

Originally Posted by C U IN REARVEIW
just finished new driveline and added some power....Under Hard acceleration in 2nd gear i'm getting squealing/slipping coming from what i think os the pass rear wheel area? not evey time....but when you really got your foot in it? it's a rotational noise for sure (like brake pad shutter on a rusty/wet rotor).... I recently changed fluids to amsoil w/ friction modifier addative in the diff? have also installed new mantic twin disc clutch (200 miles). thoughts?
Old 07-14-2018, 07:19 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Chiselchst
I can't help...but that never stopped me before.

If you do slow speed figure 8's (perhaps with a little acceleration too to apply the clutch pack) wouldn't you hear any rear diff clutch chatter? If none there, I might consider ruling that out. If in doubt I don't think a double shot of the additive would hurt, at least to rule that out. You could always change the fluid again...

I have a vibration/rubbing somewhere from my ZR1 exhaust (I think). I still haven't located it...
you know I forgot all about doing those figure 8's that you should do after changing diff fluids....hmmmm. I will do that to check it out,appreciate it!
Old 07-15-2018, 06:21 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

what kinda power are people making on stock differential? what does "diff chatter" sound like exactly? just wondering if my 09 differential will hold my power level (close to 675-700whp) on R888's?
Old 07-15-2018, 08:34 PM
russ472
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 161 Posts

diff chatter happens usually when making a tight right or left turn under moderate acceleration. kinda like a ratcheting / grabbing sensation.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:47 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by russ472
diff chatter happens usually when making a tight right or left turn under moderate acceleration. kinda like a ratcheting / grabbing sensation.
ok,thanks. definitely not the noise i'm getting....almost like something is slipping...
Old 07-16-2018, 09:05 AM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by C U IN REARVEIW
ok,thanks. definitely not the noise i'm getting....almost like something is slipping...
our differentials don't seem to like some brands of gear oil.try the GM gear oil that comes with the correct amount of friction modifier in it.have never heard of GM gear oil causing issues with our differentials.did you swap in a ZO6 differential?
Old 07-16-2018, 10:04 AM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by irok
our differentials don't seem to like some brands of gear oil.try the GM gear oil that comes with the correct amount of friction modifier in it.have never heard of GM gear oil causing issues with our differentials.did you swap in a ZO6 differential?
no. I bought an 09 3:42 differential to upgrade my 05 3:42. I am running amsoil severe gear....maybe i should change it out. the noise is very odd....(high piched slipping/shutter sound) only under heavy load
Old 07-16-2018, 12:45 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I agree... use the GM oil with additive already in it.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:09 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 286 Posts

Never mind....duh...

Last edited by Chiselchst; 07-16-2018 at 03:20 PM. Reason: cuz

Get notified of new replies

To first issue with new build

Quick Reply: first issue with new build