C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPP Twin 6281 2005 M6

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 05:59 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Ditch the fast and fuel rails unless you want to burn the car down.
is the concern the rails or the intake? what about Holley fuel rails?
Old 09-22-2018, 04:39 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by C U IN REARVEIW
is the concern the rails or the intake? what about Holley fuel rails?
The "burning" comment was directed at the rails. Sounds like they've improved the mounting to make this not such an issue though? Not truly sure.

Holley's are fine AFAIK

FAST intakes had an issue at one point with some plastic part inside of them coming loose or breaking under boost, and/or leaking like crazy, so they got a bad rap for FI setups especially. I've also heard that has been fixed on the newer models but I haven't really kept up to date enough to really say that that is or isn't true...
Old 09-22-2018, 07:49 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Not just FI, it was the thin stamped metal mounts that would flex, cause the injectors to pop out, and light the bay on fire. Seen it happen on NA cars too.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:21 AM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

Started on the passenger side turbo yesterday, the fitment is vastly different. I though I could use some of the measurements from the drivers side but that is not the case. You have to start cutting the fender line first to get this to fit unlike the drivers side which you can fit and then cut later. Also in the install video and earlier versions of the kit you don't need to cut the mounting bracket for the ECU but in the redesign you do as I discovered by looking up some installed pics online. Clocking is also a little trickier here, there's a small margin that allows the oil drain clear passage down and I'm also finding that the compressor position changes slightly once you get the downpipe fitted. I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted to but I'll take more when I get home. On my next day off (Thursday) I'll start cutting for the intercooler piping and once everything is mocked up I'll pull it all back off and clean it (the whole car is covered in fiberglass dust at this point) and hopefully I'll have a first startup video ready this weekend.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:22 PM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Some updates. Got the passenger side downpipe on and started on the intercooler piping. This can get a little tricky, but the process is relatively simple. The first this you will want to do is cut a recess into the fender near the headlight bucket and cut into the bracket to allows the piping to pass underneath it. Make sure you can securely fit the over fender pipe into the 30° coupler that feeds into the 90° solid elbow before lining up to make your cuts up top.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:26 PM
Shikaitsu
Racer

The process mirrors on the passenger side although I'm still playing with the fitment a bit due to the turbo sitting so far inward. Both sides still need a little trimming in the fenders to fit properly.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:30 PM
Shikaitsu
Racer

At this point the whole car is saturated in fiberglass dust so I took a break to clean up a bit. Unrelated but I picked up some badges from a totalled Grandsport. Decided to test fit the drivers side fender just to see how it's coming together so far.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:18 AM
MickVette
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 138 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Wow!! That is a lot of work. Great job.

Question: Is there room for an air filter at the turbo inlet?
Old 09-28-2018, 06:38 AM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Originally Posted by MickVette
Wow!! That is a lot of work. Great job.

Question: Is there room for an air filter at the turbo inlet?
t
There's more than enough room. The kit comes with two K&N filters I took one off for the sake of the picture .
The following users liked this post:
MickVette (09-28-2018)
Old 09-28-2018, 10:45 AM
LSMAC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I finished my UPP install a few months ago. I have to say that CK is one of the best guys to deal with when you are having trouble. He was always ready to help even when the issues aren't kit related. I'm considering selling my motor and kit though. Not a reflection of the kit at all. I am subscribing to see your finished product. Everything is coming along nicely so far for you!
The following 2 users liked this post by LSMAC:
CK@UPPCOS (10-08-2018), Shikaitsu (09-28-2018)
Old 09-28-2018, 11:29 AM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Got my Mishimoto radiator today. I'm gonna finish the car this weekend (hopefully) then drive it to my shop and drop the stock radiator and the intercooler so I can blow out the condenser and improve airflow.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:14 PM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Originally Posted by LSMAC
I finished my UPP install a few months ago. I have to say that CK is one of the best guys to deal with when you are having trouble. He was always ready to help even when the issues aren't kit related. I'm considering selling my motor and kit though. Not a reflection of the kit at all. I am subscribing to see your finished product. Everything is coming along nicely so far for you!
CK has been a pleasure to work with. I've had a few hiccups but he always points me in the right direction. My tuner is actually a supplier for UPP and he swears by them so I was pretty confident going into the install.
CK@UPPCOS (10-08-2018)
Old 09-28-2018, 10:17 PM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Had a late day at work but somehow wound up feeling a bit motivated so I got started on the oil lines. The pressure lines can be installed with the turbos on the car. The returns, not so much. I dropped the return fittings off the drivers side and snugged the oil return and tightened it back up. I had to remove the passenger side turbo and change the clocking position again to get the oil lines to fit lol. I would definitely recommend this step before sealing the turbo to the Up pipe but it was a minor setback. At this time all oil lines are installed on the turbos and tomorrow morning I start on the oil pump install and battery relocation.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:28 PM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Did some more trimming to get better fitment from the intercooler piping.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:32 PM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Started routing some of the wires into the battery tray. Installed the ECU relocation bracket. Test fit of the ECU vanity cover.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:43 PM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Battery relocation is done. Cut off the positive terminal and installed the junction box with the positive 0 gauge wire. Ran the positive wire through the passenger rear frame well, still needs to be secured but you can see the general position. Wire runs through the passenger rocker panel, it's easier to feed from the rear of the car going forward. Drilled two holes in the passenger side storage bin, ran the positive and negative cables through it and installed the battery. The negative is grounded by a stud next near where the positive wire is ran. I hope your horns are still unplugged because at this point the alarm is probably gonna go off haha. I figured that would happen so I had my key ready to disarm.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:31 PM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Looks good, iv always wanted to do the battery relocation. What size battery is that?

Get notified of new replies

To UPP Twin 6281 2005 M6

Old 09-30-2018, 11:20 PM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Originally Posted by g23crawler
Looks good, iv always wanted to do the battery relocation. What size battery is that?
Same one that was in it when I bought it so I assume stock size.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:14 PM
BLEKVET
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 150 Posts

CK makes ultra-quality parts and he’s a real stand-up guy - runs a professional shop and knows what he is doing. He did an LS7 swap into my ‘11 Grand Sport after my LS3 was blown after a failed oil change.

I have no doubt your UPP build will be stellar !
CK@UPPCOS (10-08-2018)
Old 10-06-2018, 02:59 PM
Shikaitsu
Racer

I got quite a bit done in my spare time this week and I apologise for forgetting to update this thread.
Ran into a few hiccups, my power steering cooler is in the way of the oil return pump so I'm looking into possible places to relocate it.

Quick Reply: UPP Twin 6281 2005 M6