C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Z51 Edelbrock supercharger overheating

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 08:58 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Adding a vent made little difference in temps for me in traffic. The only benefit is the temp drops a little quicker once you start moving again.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:02 PM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

Received 597 Likes on 407 Posts

depends on what kind of vent sir and it made a difference for me...I could actually see the heat escaping when at a stand still...so what would you rather have ...heat being built up under the hood with no vent or heat being extracted with one

Last edited by Smokeyjr; 09-24-2018 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:16 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Smokeyjr
depends on what kind of vent sir and it made a difference for me...I could actually see the heat escaping when at a stand still...so what would you rather have ...heat being built up under the hood with no vent or heat being extracted with one
I understand what your saying, and every little bit helps. There is almost no drop in coolant temps from a vents, so if someone thinks that is the solution to high temps, it's not.

Last edited by realcanuk; 09-24-2018 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:57 AM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

Received 597 Likes on 407 Posts

I agree to some extent...I also stated before I have a larger coolant expansion tank (MOROSO)...using water wetter...I also forgot to mention that I too am using a dual fan and a 240 amp alternator..I think this also provides more air to be passed through the intercooler and more air over the engine....

Last edited by Smokeyjr; 09-25-2018 at 06:00 AM.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:54 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Smokeyjr
I agree to some extent...I also stated before I have a larger coolant expansion tank (MOROSO)...using water wetter...I also forgot to mention that I too am using a dual fan and a 240 amp alternator..I think this also provides more air to be passed through the intercooler and more air over the engine....
If you search my old threads you will see I'm probably the first to use that moroso tank and pushed an eforce as far as it can be pushed.
That tank has no bearing on coolant temps either.
Truth is I never had very high temp issues with my eforce and the small IC they use doesn't really block the flow to the rad much, so temps shouldn't be a big issue.

Now that I'm running a bigger blower with a big IC in front of the rad, I've had to learn what to do to keep temps in check. It's a combination of things and there are tons of threads discussing it.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:37 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I had the most vented hood made. Seeing heat waves and a measureable difference are two different things. Vent would be last thing to do. It is more for reducing front end lift than cooling.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:58 AM
Andy3000
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
Well, the C6 / ZR1 has basically the same Eaton 2300 supercharger that the OP has installed in his C6 .... But the ZR1 don't have the overheating problems that the OP has been experiencing.

And, I don't believe that the ZR1 has heat extractors in the hood ... So, what's the difference here?

Andy ... Has this overheating problem just popped up lately, or has it been a problem ever since you installed the SC on your car? .... Did it overheat last summer with the SC installed?
Its always been there when I installed the S/C it was in the winter so I didn't notice then I didn't drive it in the summer that much due to working a lot of overtime. Life kinda just got in the way. But now that I am driving it I notice it alot!! I am thinking its always been there
Old 10-15-2018, 05:47 PM
Andy3000
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

so I Drove the car yesterday and ran it hard the tem never made it past 220 temp even when I stopped and was at a light for a long time the car did amazing. I had a shop look at my radiator and they pulled out this big black flat sheet of plastic that somehow was blocking 1/3 of my radiator. So you guys were right I should of did a better job of looking at my radiator. Thanks for all the help guys. I guess I am just an idiot thanks for all the advice guys

Quick Reply: 07 Z51 Edelbrock supercharger overheating