C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Twin Turbo for LS7

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 06:37 PM
71&64Vettes
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Twin Turbo for LS7

Hi,

would like to to get a turbo system for an LS7 on a 69 Camaro swap. I’ve been told that I need to replace the fuel system and upgrade it. So, my questions are:

1. Has anyone done that! What’s the best turbo system to use.

2. What type of upgrade to the fuel system I need to do? Who supplies it.

3. Is there anything such as self-tuning module (ECU) that can fit an LS7 to work with the turbo system?

thanks
Old 08-20-2018, 03:43 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

I feel like I've seen this post somewhere else recently.

1. LS7s aren't well suited for boost. You're better off swapping to an LS3. If you're dead set on an LS7, you'll be limited to 650-700 rwhp if you want the engine to stay together. With an LS3, the sweet spot seems to be in the 800s. You don't need much displacement if you're going FI.

2. The "best" turbo systems usually come down to quality parts and good fitment. You aren't likely to find many people here that know what systems may be available for an LS-swapped 69 Camaro. I'd look for another forum that deals with pro-touring classics.

3. Holley makes an ECU that has been getting quite a bit of praise lately. It'll work fine with turbos.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:10 PM
71&64Vettes
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tech
I feel like I've seen this post somewhere else recently.

1. LS7s aren't well suited for boost. You're better off swapping to an LS3. If you're dead set on an LS7, you'll be limited to 650-700 rwhp if you want the engine to stay together. With an LS3, the sweet spot seems to be in the 800s. You don't need much displacement if you're going FI.

2. The "best" turbo systems usually come down to quality parts and good fitment. You aren't likely to find many people here that know what systems may be available for an LS-swapped 69 Camaro. I'd look for another forum that deals with pro-touring classics.

3. Holley makes an ECU that has been getting quite a bit of praise lately. It'll work fine with turbos.
thanks for the feedback
Old 08-20-2018, 04:15 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey 71,

I'll take a stab at this.

1. I'm sure someone somewhere has, we'll be doing an older model Camaro sometime beginning of next year. I'm not 100% aware of anyone who has a direct bolt on kit for your engine/chassis combination as there's not a super huge demand for people to invest in making such a kit. Most of these are custom fab and/or pieced together with off the shelf components. We (UPP) sell a variation of LS kits for different vehicles which mount turbos in different locations. You'll really have to eye-ball it and determine which is going to be the best turbo location for the room you have allotted. Manifolds are rather complex, and something you don't want to have to modify. Down pipes would be next, but these may require modification due to routing around your steering shaft. Might find one to fit, might not. But the closer you can get and not have to modify the better off you'll be. Intercooler plumbing is almost going to be a guarantee you'll have to custom fab.

2. Depends on the power level you're after. We make fuel systems that are good for 650+whp just based off the AEM inline pump. That may or may not be sufficient. Again these are generally for specific platforms, however we could leave the lines longer and supply you with the ends that you would have to terminate yourself as you're preforming the install.

3. Absolutely not. And even if you were to find such a thing (holley) do NOT use it. They are garbage at best. I wouldn't put those on an NA carb replacement much less a boosted application. Run the factory ECU and have it tuned properly.

FYI, LS7 is not going to be the best option for the engine too. They are not super boost friendly unless they are built. LS3 or truck engine's would be a better fit if you haven't already purchased.

CK

Get notified of new replies

To Twin Turbo for LS7

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo for LS7