C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous guys----LNC2000

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 08:17 AM
chrisc751
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default nitrous guys----LNC2000

putting together my nitrous setup and have everything bought up pretty much ( progressive controller, window switch, stand alone, etc) now just wanna get a striaght answer..i already have a msd two step on the car but do i need the lingefelter lnc2000?
the car is going straight to my tuner to do the tune. just wanna get a better understanding of exactly what the lingelfelter does.... from my understanding and what ive been told is thats so you can set the timing of the nitrous tune yourself if you dont go to a tuner....

so being that im getting tuned for it and have a two step box...do i really need it?
Old 09-21-2018, 08:55 AM
98rzvr6
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisc751
putting together my nitrous setup and have everything bought up pretty much ( progressive controller, window switch, stand alone, etc) now just wanna get a striaght answer..i already have a msd two step on the car but do i need the lingefelter lnc2000?
the car is going straight to my tuner to do the tune. just wanna get a better understanding of exactly what the lingelfelter does.... from my understanding and what ive been told is thats so you can set the timing of the nitrous tune yourself if you dont go to a tuner....

so being that im getting tuned for it and have a two step box...do i really need it?
The LNC-2000 is a 2 step and a timing retard box meaning it will retard timing as soon as it activated. The problem with not having the box is when you are out of Nos and not using it, your tuner most likely will have to remove timing to compensate for the Nos so you are losing power while the nos is not in use. The nice thing about the LNC-2000 is that it removes timing as soon as you activate the Nos so when the nos is not being used, the timing is not touched. Let me know if you have any other questions
Old 09-23-2018, 09:22 AM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 897 Likes on 686 Posts

There are other way to pull timing that are cheaper and just as safe if not safer. Look up "IAT tricker". I use one and it works like a charm. Works so good I'll never use an LNC box.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:40 PM
mykream
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by jayyyw
There are other way to pull timing that are cheaper and just as safe if not safer. Look up "IAT tricker". I use one and it works like a charm. Works so good I'll never use an LNC box.
Are you still using the MAF? Or are you SD?
Old 10-17-2018, 01:49 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mykream
Are you still using the MAF? Or are you SD?
Still using the MAF. Also, moved the nozzle behind the MAF now. Hits much harder and AFR still perfect.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:51 PM
mykream
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by jayyyw
Still using the MAF. Also, moved the nozzle behind the MAF now. Hits much harder and AFR still perfect.
I'm planning on setting mine up with the tricker.. My car is SD though.. I feel that anyone in the past that has negative reviews on it with speed density, wasn't setting it up correctly in the tune..
Old 10-17-2018, 01:55 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mykream
I'm planning on setting mine up with the tricker.. My car is SD though.. I feel that anyone in the past that has negative reviews on it with speed density, wasn't setting it up correctly in the tune..
Most likely. Makes no difference between MAF and SD, IMO. Unless SD compensates differently with the IAT tables? I'm not a tuner and very minimal experience with HP Tuners.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:48 PM
Denis_C6-Z
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 63 Posts

You don't need anything if you have a way to flash back and forth between tunes. You can flash your nitrous tune and when you want to race on motor flash your NA tune.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:17 PM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Received 164 Likes on 136 Posts

you dont have to buy the lnc-2000 specifically ....there are several lingenfelter boxes that will pull timing.
i used a 10yr old lnc-002 2-step/timing retatd box that i found on ebay for 100 bucks......you just have to dig around. i was so close to using the iat tricker before i found the box thorugh, but only saw it on older cars on ls1 tech

anyhow, good luck

Get notified of new replies

To nitrous guys----LNC2000

Quick Reply: nitrous guys----LNC2000