C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash Logic

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 03:15 PM
Ancient Warrior
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Dash Logic

Does anyone have the Pid expression to read boost in tenths off the zr1 map?
Old 04-27-2015, 04:26 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Ancient Warrior
Does anyone have the Pid expression to read boost in tenths off the zr1 map?
((pid(8) - pid(24)) * .14503773773020923)

set to 1 decimal place when you set up the PID

That is assuming you're using a MAP sensor on the car that is capable of reading boost

If you're trying to setup a separate sensor that connects directly to dash logic, then that is something else entirely

Credit to Streetk14 for the formula
Old 04-27-2015, 05:04 PM
Ancient Warrior
Instructor

Originally Posted by schpenxel
((pid(8) - pid(24)) * .14503773773020923)

set to 1 decimal place when you set up the PID

That is assuming you're using a MAP sensor on the car that is capable of reading boost

If you're trying to setup a separate sensor that connects directly to dash logic, then that is something else entirely

Credit to Streetk14 for the formula
Thanks for the reply.
I tried to use (pid(30001) ) with 1 decimal place and it seems to work fine.
Matches the one you gave me.
I also set the IAT alarm to 140 ° but it might be too low.

Last edited by Ancient Warrior; 04-27-2015 at 05:48 PM. Reason: add info
Old 04-27-2015, 07:43 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Ancient Warrior
Thanks for the reply.
I tried to use (pid(30001) ) with 1 decimal place and it seems to work fine.
Matches the one you gave me.
I also set the IAT alarm to 140 ° but it might be too low.
Sounds good!

Yeah not sure on that IAT.. just depends on the setup
Old 04-28-2015, 10:17 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

so I have a 3 bar MAP sensor installed that reads boost to no decimal place (e.g. 8psi, 9psi, etc.). If I use this formula I'll get it to one decimal place (e.g. 8.4psi, 9.2psi, etc.)??? I'l have to try this later.

Since this is a new DashLogic thread, does anyone have any other cool tips/hints for formulas to throw into it for readings?

I tried getting the fuel economy to adjust to no success. It reads abnormally great fuel economy because the stock ECU has no clue the car is running larger injectors. I tried doing something like (0.75 X (whatever PID is fuel economy)) but that didn't do anything.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:22 PM
Ancient Warrior
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nosferatu
so I have a 3 bar MAP sensor installed that reads boost to no decimal place (e.g. 8psi, 9psi, etc.). If I use this formula I'll get it to one decimal place (e.g. 8.4psi, 9.2psi, etc.)??? I'l have to try this later.

Since this is a new DashLogic thread, does anyone have any other cool tips/hints for formulas to throw into it for readings?

I tried getting the fuel economy to adjust to no success. It reads abnormally great fuel economy because the stock ECU has no clue the car is running larger injectors. I tried doing something like (0.75 X (whatever PID is fuel economy)) but that didn't do anything.
In the menu choose calculation pids, use one of the above expressions, and enter one decimal place, which I believe is the default and boost will read in tenth.
The expression for .75 times your fuel economy should look something like this: (pid(1506)*.75) I think.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:02 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Yeah.. that formula worked great for me, so that should work. I liked having 1 decimal place

You should be able to get the fuel economy pretty close by setting up a custom PID or whatever they call it and multiplying their reported MPG PID by whatever factor you come up with that will make it match reality. I'd just figure out how far the factory long term MPG is off vs. what you actually get out of a tank and use that as a correct factor of sorts.

I also set ones up for fuel trims.. so there's a total fuel trim for bank 1 (long and short), then a total for bank 2 (long and short). I'll get you the formulas later but you can look through the PID list and figure them out pretty easy

Then I've got one that compares commanded lambda (or AFR) to actual and shows the error. Right now it's based on 1.00 being dead on.. higher and it's running lean, lower is running richer. You could change it to % or something though if that's easier to read

So, yeah, that's what I've done with mine so far.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:12 PM
marathon
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Anyone know why my Dashlogic unit would be reporting oil temps as much as 20* lower than the OEM DIC. Same for coolant temps also.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:14 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by marathon
Anyone know why my Dashlogic unit would be reporting oil temps as much as 20* lower than the OEM DIC. Same for coolant temps also.
No, that is pretty strange

I'm going to assume it's using the right units, yes?
Old 04-28-2015, 04:24 PM
marathon
Racer

St. Jude Donor '09

No, that is pretty strange

I'm going to assume it's using the right units, yes?

Yes, set for F. I unplugged the unit several times while driving to see if it was some kind of timing issue but it always shows the difference. I sent an email to Palmer and will report what they tell me.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:28 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by marathon
Yes, set for F. I unplugged the unit several times while driving to see if it was some kind of timing issue but it always shows the difference. I sent an email to Palmer and will report what they tell me.
That's strange. Hopefully they respond. You might try checking to see if there is a firmware update or anything like that that you could install
Old 04-28-2015, 05:06 PM
marathon
Racer

St. Jude Donor '09

That's strange. Hopefully they respond. You might try checking to see if there is a firmware update or anything like that that you could install

Here's the very quick response:

The numbers we get are straight from the OBD-II port, we do not know why, but we have seen they don't always match the cluster on the Z51/Z06/ZR1/ and GS cars. You will see at certain points they will, but the farther they get from that, the more off they are. We know that those cars have a physical oil temp sensor, where the other cars use an estimated oil temp PID. The only thing on the OBD-II port is the estimated oil PID, so the base cars see exactly what we see, but the performance models get to see just how far off the estimated temps can be. You can try this firmware, it will allow you to put a page as blank so you can let the factory value show through on that page.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:39 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Others reported that with all OBD2 scanners/gauges. The DIC reads different than what is being put out. People think the car is doing some mumbo jumbo to the DIC display.

Dash logic just presenting the same data HP tuners or any other logger would show.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:25 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

haha so the base model is good for something yay!!!

Anyways thanks for the help. I "think" the formula worked. We'll see I'm in the middle of a tank and don't want to reset it just yet (for fuel economy). I set it to 75% of what it normally reads for a start.

Also, thanks for the precision value changes now my boost pressure reads in 3.7psi instead of 4psi. I like it being more accurate.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:34 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

haha so the base model is good for something yay!!!

Anyways thanks for the help. I "think" the formula worked. We'll see I'm in the middle of a tank and don't want to reset it just yet (for fuel economy). I set it to 75% of what it normally reads for a start.

Also, thanks for the precision value changes now my boost pressure reads in 3.7psi instead of 4psi. I like it being more accurate.
Good deal

I like the 1 decimal version better too
Old 10-12-2018, 12:10 PM
mittens
Melting Slicks

Received 362 Likes on 203 Posts

VERY sorry to bump at old thread..... please don't flame me....

I understand the (pid(30001) part but what exactly does the thing need to show to make it read boost with a tenth? is it just the space and the extra ) For example " Boost/Vac: (pid(30001) )" vs how it currently is " Boost/Vac: (pid(30001)"

or where do I put the . at in the formula?

I know how to get tot he formulat and edit it in the software.

EDIT I found info off another place... I think what I need is " {Boost/Vac: pid(30001:4.1) psi " this should have my lable, "Boost/Vac", and the " :4 " after the pid will pad the boost reading so when it moves form 2.2 psi (3 characters total) to 12.4 Psi (4 characters total) the text does not shift on the screen, and the " .1 " will show the reading in tenths.

Last edited by mittens; 10-12-2018 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:10 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

I just did a new PID, custom PID, whatever they call it, referenced the included PID for boost and change the decimals to 1 for the custom one. But, your way sounds better if it stops the text from moving around.. mine moves when it goes from 3 to 4 digits
Old 10-14-2018, 08:28 PM
mittens
Melting Slicks

Received 362 Likes on 203 Posts

So that way worked awesome. Then I made one change. Pad for 5 spaces.

“ Boost/Vac: pid(30001: 5.1) “

4 spaces was not counting the - vacuum so you need 5 for the negative sign, double digits. The decimal and the tenth.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:41 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Good deal, I'll give something like that a try next time I have it hooked up

Get notified of new replies

To Dash Logic

Quick Reply: Dash Logic