C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DirtyWhite 2005 C6 build

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 03:49 AM
Dirtywhitec6
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DirtyWhite 2005 C6 build

Hi everyone, I’m new to posting on the forums but have gathered a lot of great information by reading other people’s great build write ups as they progress.

That being said, I am gearing up to put some of the bigger more costly mods on my current C6 Z51. To start this off my car has 70k miles. I bought it stock with 40k, a broke driver fender, no stereo or speakers, and a bad BCM for cheaaaaaap as a project. Since then and replacing the BCM it has been my daily driver, and has slowly become my favorite car I’ve ever had.

First I did the normal easy bolt ons. Airraid CAI. Kooks 2” long tube headers, no cats, no mufflers, stock tips. B&M short throw shifter. NGK plugs, MSD wires. It was a loud *** car for sure but it wasn’t really handling compared to some of my previous vehicles, but I fell in love with the sound. And the power even low as it was on my LS2. So I decided to get serious.

I decided on a BTR stage 4 cam kit with 660 lift springs, titanium retainers and chromoly pushrods, with my “stock” 243s. I also after much delineation decided on the MSD AirForce intake. I had the car tuned at AMP in Grand Prairie, it made 458hp and 440tq which was very satisfactory for the upgrades on an LS2, but it still didn’t handle very well.

Couple months later I finally decided on LG motorsports gt2 coilovers with much bigger LGM front and rear sway bars and heavy duty endlinks as well. After installing the car was aligned at Texas track works and once I got her back out on the road it was like a new car, just pulling me through corners, the car really tightened up. Absolutely no rollover in corners. Still very good for daily driving, not a back breaker, but it’s finally becoming the car I want it to be. Great power up the board, And it handles like an absolute dream now.

Sorry for being so long winded but I wanted to tell the whole story up until today.

today I ordered an A&A supercharger kit from Andy, who was so helpful in the deciding process on what all I was going to need to add to my car to support the kind of power I want to make. The idea is 700whp. The Black Friday deal they had was fantastic. I ended up going with the V3TI trim, upgraded single pump fuel system, dedicated 8 rib drive, and Bosch 80# injectors. I also ordered a monster stage 3 clutch and a new updated GM master cylinder (mine is the old design). New slave. Flywheel. Etc.. as the build moves along I will be dumping money and time into this car and wanted to post it up with progress to see what everyone thinks!!

This is is not a show car. It’s exterior is nothing to brag about. But once it drives and makes the power I want, I do plan on taking car of the exterior ugly so bare with me!!

Old 11-28-2018, 09:38 AM
JetstreamGS
Drifting

Received 174 Likes on 148 Posts

She is slammed! Can't go wrong with A&A. Only thing I would suggest for 700rw is a meth kit unless you will be running E85.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:15 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
Sounds like you have a nice project there for sure. How did you get it to sit so low in the rear? Looks like you have it loaded with a dozen sacks of cement or something!
Old 11-28-2018, 01:22 PM
Dirtywhitec6
7th Gear

Originally Posted by CI GS
Welcome to the forum.
Sounds like you have a nice project there for sure. How did you get it to sit so low in the rear? Looks like you have it loaded with a dozen sacks of cement or something!
Those LGM coilovers gave a big range of adjustability. And she looks so good slammed. Once I get her out to the track I’ll be adjusting those quite a bit. But I have a ways to go so for now I guess she will have stance 😂
Old 11-28-2018, 01:23 PM
Dirtywhitec6
7th Gear

Originally Posted by JetstreamGS
She is slammed! Can't go wrong with A&A. Only thing I would suggest for 700rw is a meth kit unless you will be running E85.
i was considering the ALKY meth kit. What would you reccomend? Or am I on the right track.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:35 AM
Dirtywhitec6
7th Gear

Default Update

Decided to go with a twin disc monster lt1-S clutch. Got it all Put in, took me about 13 hours doing the clutch, removing the windshield wiper res and installing a New master cylinder and cleaning off my dirty transmission (reverse lockout dealio was leaking from being improperly reinstalled previously). Gotta say I absolutely love the clutch. There’s no more dead zones so to speak. And the thing is just barely harder than stock. Still a good ability to slip it when needed as well. monster was absolutely fantastic to deal with and got me my clutch quick. It’s about 100 miles from being totally broke in and then it’ll be time to put this V3 TI on and see what she can really do.

Lockout cylinoid was leaking transmission fluid out the bottom.

New slave

Clutch in and torqued

Get notified of new replies

To DirtyWhite 2005 C6 build

Quick Reply: DirtyWhite 2005 C6 build