C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing a fuel pressure gauge on the rail (with Heartbeat SC)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 09:48 AM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,087 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default Installing a fuel pressure gauge on the rail (with Heartbeat SC)

Anyone try installing an analog fuel pressure gauge on your fuel rail fitting when used with your heartbeat supercharger?

I know the optimum place for a pressure gauge like this would be in the cabin of the car, but I was just thinking it might be neat having a gauge attached to the fuel rail.

The male end of the gauge is 1/8" NPT male and the fuel rail schrader fitting is -4AN male ... So, you would need a female 1/8" NPT / -4AN adapter to attach the gauge (see photo below).

I am just wondering if there is enough room there so the top edge of the gauge don't push up against the closed hood?

Old 12-12-2018, 10:59 AM
Garymorris
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
Anyone try installing an analog fuel pressure gauge on your fuel rail fitting when used with your heartbeat supercharger?

I know the optimum place for a pressure gauge like this would be in the cabin of the car, but I was just thinking it might be neat having a gauge attached to the fuel rail.

The male end of the gauge is 1/8" NPT male and the fuel rail schrader fitting is -4AN male ... So, you would need a female 1/8" NPT / -4AN adapter to attach the gauge (see photo below).

I am just wondering if there is enough room there so the top edge of the gauge don't push up against the closed hood?
You're going to have FP issues at WOT or close to it so an under hood only gauge is pretty useless unless you want to rig up a camera or something. It's pretty easy to wire a remote transducer in HPtuners and much more useful.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:38 AM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

that gauge on the rail will be near useless to you.in the car at least you will be able to monitor and that may just save your engine some day if fuel pressure goes south on you
Old 12-15-2018, 04:44 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 286 Posts

I would recommend you consider the risk to value and that pressure gauges do fail sometimes, although unlikely. For the value you get for having it in that location is not much, a failure in that location might be catastrophic.
I say that having worked in the oil industry for close to four decades, we use a lot of gauges in the field..
Old 12-15-2018, 06:49 PM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Received 350 Likes on 191 Posts

I have one there, but it's purpose is to mechanically verify my fuel pressure on the dyno and to verify my electrical fuel gauge is on par.

Get notified of new replies

To Installing a fuel pressure gauge on the rail (with Heartbeat SC)

Quick Reply: Installing a fuel pressure gauge on the rail (with Heartbeat SC)