C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APS TTC6 rwhp questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 04:49 PM
TravisSchoech
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Default APS TTC6 rwhp questions

Looking for any real world dyno proven (or time slip equivalent) answers as to how much RWHP the APS TTC6 kit makes.

Bone stock ls2, stock turbos/downpipes/inlets, boost-a-pump, etc.

Website shows nearly 700 flywheel HP, which would be in the realm of 600 RWHP on a 6spd car.

It also states 10.5psi peak boost, 9psi at redline.

So, does anyone know what kind of power this kit makes on a bone stock (let's say 2005) ls2 T56 car?

Has anyone been able to squeeze more power than this out of the STOCK APS kit?

What is the max boost achieved from these turbos breathing through the long factory air filter setup?

just wondering, I am in a long talk with my brother about the direction of a new build and trying to set some goals.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:50 PM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

I can’t give you any information on an aps kit but my stock ls3 (with turbo cam) made 800 with an On3 kit 62mm turbos. I know this isn’t what you were looking for but could give you an idea as far as power goes.
Old 12-23-2018, 09:04 PM
TravisSchoech
Racer

Originally Posted by g23crawler
I can’t give you any information on an aps kit but my stock ls3 (with turbo cam) made 800 with an On3 kit 62mm turbos. I know this isn’t what you were looking for but could give you an idea as far as power goes.

So an LS3 with decent cam and twin 62's makes 800hp. How much boost?

How about these questions - (2005 ls2/t56 base)

(leave fueling requirements and other stuff, just looking for approximate boost numbers)

How much boost would it take on a BONE STOCK LS2 to make 800 RWHP?

How much boost would it take on a BONE STOCK LS2 to make 1000 RWHP?
Old 12-24-2018, 03:15 AM
Ant-Man
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Doubt you're going to be able to push a 'BONE STOCK' ls2 to 800-1000hp with just boost. Also doubt your 05 drivetrain is going to hold it, you should probably do some more research on it.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:22 AM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

I was around 14psi to hit 800, you're going to have other issues before hitting 800-1000 on a stock ls2 car.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:41 AM
TravisSchoech
Racer

Originally Posted by Ant-Man
Doubt you're going to be able to push a 'BONE STOCK' ls2 to 800-1000hp with just boost. Also doubt your 05 drivetrain is going to hold it, you should probably do some more research on it.
Most of these inquiries were hypothetical. I do not own an 05, I have an old 88. I'm trying to see how close I can get my setup to what someone I know has. I'm trying to get him to take it to the track or some kind of event for fun, so I'm talking a little isht in the meantime.

2850lb 1988 coupe procharged with 450rwhp at 13psi @ 10.5AFR with not a lot of timing and straight water through the meth system on dyno day.

...That is to say I could clean up the tune and let her eat.

Originally Posted by g23crawler
I was around 14psi to hit 800, you're going to have other issues before hitting 800-1000 on a stock ls2 car.
That's what I was thinking, it's hard to beat physics, I just wanted a few other opinions.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:19 AM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

I would like to note that the "boost" number means absolutely nothing. In the case of this kit it is nothing but a sales number. In no way does boost = power on a set basis from motor to motor turbo to turbo ect. Stop looking at psi it does not = air flow or any kind of measure of how safe something is for the stock motor. The stock motor does not care if you run 10 psi or 50.

It is a gen 4 motor however so it should hold similar to as much as g23s or my setup can hold in theory. Guys have made in the 1k range stock but know that anything is a ticking time bomb so do not expect thousands of miles at 900whp on it even though some do have good success doing so because others have broken it at 600whp.

If you are serious then the only way i would be somewhat confident is with a better turbo kit, put a turbo cam in the car, and use e85 not 93 with a meth dependency that will end up nuking the sbe. Make sure you have enough fuel pump and injector aka not a boost a pump with some junk injectors ect.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:52 AM
TravisSchoech
Racer

Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk
I would like to note that the "boost" number means absolutely nothing. In the case of this kit it is nothing but a sales number. In no way does boost = power on a set basis from motor to motor turbo to turbo ect. Stop looking at psi it does not = air flow or any kind of measure of how safe something is for the stock motor. The stock motor does not care if you run 10 psi or 50.

It is a gen 4 motor however so it should hold similar to as much as g23s or my setup can hold in theory. Guys have made in the 1k range stock but know that anything is a ticking time bomb so do not expect thousands of miles at 900whp on it even though some do have good success doing so because others have broken it at 600whp.

If you are serious then the only way i would be somewhat confident is with a better turbo kit, put a turbo cam in the car, and use e85 not 93 with a meth dependency that will end up nuking the sbe. Make sure you have enough fuel pump and injector aka not a boost a pump with some junk injectors ect.
Boost would be a good indicator of power if it is the same exact motor (stock ls2) and same exact APS twin turbo kit with similar tune. Thanks for your input.

Read the post above, these are all questions I had regarding a friend of mine's car that I am trying to guesstimate. I have only ever heard rumors of the car making just stupid crazy power, I just wanted to see if there was any truth in it by way of asking you guys a couple of questions.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:55 AM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by TravisSchoech
Boost would be a good indicator of power if it is the same exact motor (stock ls2) and same exact APS twin turbo kit with similar tune. Thanks for your input.

Read the post above, these are all questions I had regarding a friend of mine's car that I am trying to guesstimate. I have only ever heard rumors of the car making just stupid crazy power, I just wanted to see if there was any truth in it by way of asking you guys a couple of questions.

Ahh I missed that post

As a person who probably spends a bit to much fun time racing id put my $ on the sbe ls2 car with a aps kit not being very fast. I’ve been wrong before for sure but the aps kits seem extremely poor just look at the graph they use to advertise the car makes like 100hp less only 1k rpm before redline. After peak it just drops off hard also and they stop spinning it anyways. If the car is anything like they advertise on the graph every time he shifts he ends up at ls3 head cam power levels.

Last edited by Shortpersonbk; 12-24-2018 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:11 PM
TravisSchoech
Racer

Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk

Ahh I missed that post

As a person who probably spends a bit to much fun time racing id put my $ on the sbe ls2 car with a aps kit not being very fast. I’ve been wrong before for sure but the aps kits seem extremely poor just look at the graph they use to advertise the car makes like 100hp less only 1k rpm before redline. After peak it just drops off hard also and they stop spinning it anyways. If the car is anything like they advertise on the graph every time he shifts he ends up at ls3 head cam power levels.
Man that's disappointing. I know packaging in the C6 is a bit tight, but damn those turbos are small, and the air inlets are a small straw...

The kit looks so nice, and the thought of 700fwhp on tap sounds awesome. I was just led to believe it made a lot more than that at the wheels.

So sbe ls2 apsTTC6 vs 450rwhp+75 shot 2850lb sbe L98 c4... who is your money on?
Old 12-25-2018, 03:43 PM
TurboLX
Pro

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

Default thi

A stock APS kit at 6-7psi made right on 600/600rw (Mustang Dyno) on my stock LS3 C6, including the factory NPP catback. This was with my calibration (0.78 lambda, zero knock).

Last edited by TurboLX; 12-25-2018 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:29 AM
Icevettez06
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use to have stock C6 APS kit on me C6 with LS2 402. It will run out at 600-650 RWHP. I did swap to Precision 5830 witch you can get as direct fit to the C6 kit. https://www.precisionturbo.net/turbo...rger---5830/78
Stock turbo on C6 kit are not grate ad do not les long. Those 5830 are game changer for this kit and you can reach 800-900 RWHP on those. Also you have way more power from lower RPM and all the way to high RPM.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:02 PM
shor0814
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stock 2007 MN6 LS2 with APS and tune ended up at 582/586 on a Dynojet. Stock actuator springs and I don't remember boost, maybe 5 psi?

Last edited by shor0814; 12-26-2018 at 10:03 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To APS TTC6 rwhp questions

Quick Reply: APS TTC6 rwhp questions