C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need specific accessories for Vortech Super Charger.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:44 PM
C5 for life
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Need specific accessories for Vortech Super Charger.

Hi guys. This is ( super charger ) foreign territory for me. It seems like each time I’m closer to dropping the car off to put my goodies on, I come across some used goodies that look to good to over look since the current upgrade permits a big read down. So, came across a used Vortech Si charger. Unit only. It’s got 1.5 years,12k to 15k on it. set to 12lbs boost producing 723HP on a bone stock C5. Wants $1,200

I need the other half of the kit. There’s a lot of concerns I have regarding the entire scope of the application itself, life length, I’m also using about 70-80 more HP with my cam/exhaust/ Vararam/ Dyno tune when it’s completed. I read the company’s description of it and it certainly sounds like the unit that cornered the market and is in high demand. At the moment, so I don’t waste this guys time I need to find and figure cost for the other half of the kit. I realize a call to A&A is my best coarse of action but this being the Corvette intel hub. I figured it couldn’t hurt to reach out for a more informed decision.

I asked the seller his response was:

Bracket
pipes
intercooler
etc.

Had to keep it brief while on the clock during a shut down.

1) What exactly do I need in order to complete the unit.
2) A new kit is 6k if I can grab the super charger for his asking if 1,200 and the other half of the kit, used for a reasonable amount, even if currently not available. I’ll buy the charger and sit on the entire upgrade until I find the other half used or have A&A price out the other half new.

Don’t wanna keep this guy hanging he seems pretty cool so if like to get him an answer by the AM.

Thanks CF 🙌🏻🏁
Old 02-14-2019, 01:17 PM
bumpin96monte
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I did almost the exact same thing a few years ago - found someone selling a used Si and pieced together the rest.

As far as what you're missing, you can tell the scope pretty quick by looking at the picture of the whole kit (or just calling):

https://www.aacorvette.com/assets/im...1-1400x933.jpg

The issue I came across in trying to piece together all used parts was that the blower is by far the easiest part to get (since upgrading blowers is fairly common), a BOV is probably the second easiest, but then everything else is a pain. You're not going to stumble across someone selling a whole used kit sans head unit.

After a year or so of buying what I could find, I ended up calling up A&A and buying the rest as I wanted to get it finished.

But TBH, it's a pain to scour the classifieds every few days trying to see if anyone listed this part or that one. I ended up getting a really good deal all said and done, but it was a lot more effort than I expected going into it. IMO if you're trying to save money, I'd do one of the two:
- Call up A&A to price out a 'kit' of the rest of the parts in one shot.
- Wait and just buy a whole used kit, ideally direct from A&A when they do their 'newsed' kits (used blower, new rest of parts) or take a bit more of a risk and buy a complete used kit from an individual.

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 02-14-2019 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:37 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

$1200 isnt a good deal. Normal price if anything. Expect $2500+ for rest of kit at least. Charger is just one part of a much larger system. Intake fioter bracket belts tensioner piping bov fmic hoses clamps and fuel system all need to be added.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:18 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

wait for Andy to offer one of his kits with a used headunit and you can get them for around $1400 off the new price and you will for sure have everything as well as their customer support if you need it... either that, find someone selling a complete used kit, or buy new... I would only piece it together if you are familiar with all of the components that way you know exactly what you are getting into

Last edited by neutron82; 02-17-2019 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:26 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Hell I sold a complete used kit with <1000 miles for $3500.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:26 PM
C5 for life
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I snoozed on it. Sounds like it was for the best. I decided to stop going cheap on something like this. I’m just going all motor and I’m finishing this upgrade with H/C. Taking 2k and considering Trick Flow 220cc. I started a thread in the C5 tech if you guys got any advice. I accidentally started this in the C6 section.

Get notified of new replies

To Need specific accessories for Vortech Super Charger.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need specific accessories for Vortech Super Charger.