C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A secondary drive question

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 03:44 AM
Jason.
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Default A&A secondary drive question

I’ve been told by a few people it squeals on cold start up and goes away once warm.
which it does but damn it’s annoying lol
is there a way to keep it from squealing?
Old 02-14-2019, 04:27 AM
Vette97sc
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

I have Cartek flip drive and it was squeal while after cold start. I use industrial belt grip spray and its not squeal after that. I drive last summer about 3000km and use spray only one time. In my case it was easy and cheap sollution to annoying problem.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:48 AM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

Mine only did that because the alternator/power steering belt was too long. I went one size down and haven't had an issue since.
The following users liked this post:
CyberC6GS (02-16-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 10:26 AM
jetbluu
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm running the same setup without any issues, although it was installed at A&A. Quiet cold starts for almost 2 years now.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:35 AM
Jason.
Racer

Originally Posted by Vette97sc
I have Cartek flip drive and it was squeal while after cold start. I use industrial belt grip spray and its not squeal after that. I drive last summer about 3000km and use spray only one time. In my case it was easy and cheap sollution to annoying problem.
I’ll look into that spray any special brand or naw?
Originally Posted by Patriot Six
Mine only did that because the alternator/power steering belt was too long. I went one size down and haven't had an issue since.
im using the belts that a&a provides hmmm
Old 02-14-2019, 11:40 AM
gameover4
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

mine does not squeal hot or cold. If you are still using green belts, they glaze over and squeal. Get rid of it and go to the RPM belts.

Last edited by gameover4; 02-14-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:44 AM
GS Corvette
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason.
I’ve been told by a few people it squeals on cold start up and goes away once warm.
which it does but damn it’s annoying lol
is there a way to keep it from squealing?
Call Andy at A&A and he will get you straightened out, hear it from the horses mouth, I have the same system and mine also has not made any noise, A&A is one of the best companies I've ever dealt with and Andy is really helpful with all of your questions... I'm sure he'll let you know how to fix this issue.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:50 AM
Vette97sc
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

It was Chesterton grip spray if remember right.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:18 PM
Patriot Six
Drifting

It came with a 37" belt and I am now using a 36.5" belt (K080365).
Jason. (02-14-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 04:54 PM
da6speed
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 78 Posts

Mine squealed from day 1 on cold starts. Kept getting worse and worse little by little. Running all belts that A&A sent for the secondary and the green hd belt for blower.

Last weekend, I discovered the top bolt that holds bracket that the jack-shaft is on had backed out. Took it apart, re-positioned it back correctly, put new 4-rib belt on and it didn't squeal on cold start. But I have only started it twice since then. Anxious to see if that was the problem.
Jason. (02-15-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 05:39 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

If you don't have the newer design, as the belts wear and stretch, all the direct drives in my experience start to squeal. Means the belt is too loose and needs a bit more tension and to be replaced. I would get 5-6k out of a belt before squealing and needing a new one before I went to the ECS setup.
Jason. (02-15-2019)
Old 02-16-2019, 02:06 PM
Jason.
Racer

I’m using gates belts not green

Originally Posted by Patriot Six
It came with a 37" belt and I am now using a 36.5" belt (K080365).
Might give this a try thx u

Originally Posted by da6speed
Mine squealed from day 1 on cold starts. Kept getting worse and worse little by little. Running all belts that A&A sent for the secondary and the green hd belt for blower.

Last weekend, I discovered the top bolt that holds bracket that the jack-shaft is on had backed out. Took it apart, re-positioned it back correctly, put new 4-rib belt on and it didn't squeal on cold start. But I have only started it twice since then. Anxious to see if that was the problem.
I just installed it, and double check everything too but I’ll keep a eye out

Originally Posted by Unreal
If you don't have the newer design, as the belts wear and stretch, all the direct drives in my experience start to squeal. Means the belt is too loose and needs a bit more tension and to be replaced. I would get 5-6k out of a belt before squealing and needing a new one before I went to the ECS setup.
im assuming the newest design as I just ordered it and installed it joe warned me it’ll squeak so no biggie but then and a few others telling me theirs don’t so I just wanted to see what people are doing different it all went on super easy
but was my first time installing it
Old 02-16-2019, 02:52 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Only time mine ever made noise when starting was from the A/C belt when loose. Have you tried with and without AC on ?
Old 04-07-2019, 06:45 AM
07blkvette
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had the same problem for the last 2 years ever since system was installed. I've changed to a shorter belt, I've tried the grip spray, I've changed the tensioner. I've adjusted belt loosening and tightening it. When I take accessory belt off and start it no squeal at all. As soon as I put it back on it squeals. So I believe it's in the jackshaft area pulley, bearings something. I've talked to Andy and Josh over two yrs several times and explained my thoughts on everything. I sent them pics and they told me tighten it more. It did nothing.
When speaking with Andy last week he really didnt know what else to tell me. Said it could be a number of things but without seeing it he wouldn't know. So my next and final step is to change the jackshaft pulley assembly. Wish me luck guys. I've hated driving this thing for the past two yrs because if this. Hopefully this fixes it.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:08 PM
Jason.
Racer

Originally Posted by 07blkvette
I have had the same problem for the last 2 years ever since system was installed. I've changed to a shorter belt, I've tried the grip spray, I've changed the tensioner. I've adjusted belt loosening and tightening it. When I take accessory belt off and start it no squeal at all. As soon as I put it back on it squeals. So I believe it's in the jackshaft area pulley, bearings something. I've talked to Andy and Josh over two yrs several times and explained my thoughts on everything. I sent them pics and they told me tighten it more. It did nothing.
When speaking with Andy last week he really didnt know what else to tell me. Said it could be a number of things but without seeing it he wouldn't know. So my next and final step is to change the jackshaft pulley assembly. Wish me luck guys. I've hated driving this thing for the past two yrs because if this. Hopefully this fixes it.
i feel you I’ve tried a new belt and played with everything, actually took it all off and put it back together and it’ll scream at start ups then by the time I get ready to pull away it’ll stop lmao I just gave up on fixing the screaming of the dead cat
Old 04-07-2019, 04:38 PM
Blk 08 C6
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I might be the lucky one then.almost 2years since my install on my setup.no squiling whatsoever still on the green belt supplied by A&A.stepping down to a 3.8 pulley this month.4.0 is getting boring.lol.I think it all come down to your alignment and belt tension.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:50 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Blower side of it has very little to nothing to do with the DD issues.

Get notified of new replies

To A&A secondary drive question

Old 04-07-2019, 08:03 PM
harleyreb1
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Just installed mine this past weekend and haven’t had the first squeal out of it yet. Fingers crossed
Old 04-07-2019, 08:26 PM
Patriot Six
Drifting

I’ve had mine for nearly two years. The only time I had any squeal was before the original accessory belt was replaced with a smaller one and just recently when my power steering reservoir was leaking fluid onto the jackshaft and accessory belts. Good luck getting it sorted out.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:42 PM
ESSFO
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

It took about 2 weeks for mine to start making noise. It squeals when cold (bad). Switched to the 060365 belt. Did the trick for a short time. It squeals a bit on start up then goes away. I found a 060360 belt that I may try.

Quick Reply: A&A secondary drive question