C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauges for boosted cars - leaning towards ngauge

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 09:46 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts
Default Gauges for boosted cars - leaning towards ngauge

I'm currently working on my parts list for my supercharger install.

I'd like at least a AF gauge with wideband and probably boost gauge. I love the look of the ngauge. Is anybody using this gauge and if so what paramaters are you monitoring?
Old 03-04-2019, 09:15 AM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by doomi
I'm currently working on my parts list for my supercharger install.

I'd like at least a AF gauge with wideband and probably boost gauge. I love the look of the ngauge. Is anybody using this gauge and if so what paramaters are you monitoring?
My Ngauge is in a box waiting to go into the car here over the next few weeks as we finish up the winter build. I'll keep you posted but I definitely went with a separate AFR and Boost gauge as it's easier to read and the ngauge is more for logging and ethanol content readout for me.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:10 AM
doomi
Drifting

Originally Posted by EnginerdVT
My Ngauge is in a box waiting to go into the car here over the next few weeks as we finish up the winter build. I'll keep you posted but I definitely went with a separate AFR and Boost gauge as it's easier to read and the ngauge is more for logging and ethanol content readout for me.
That definitely makes sense. I appreciate your input.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:49 PM
Rokket
Burning Brakes

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

I have one and am monitoring boost, ethanol content, oil pressure, oil temp, AFR (analog Via an NGK Powerdex - I also have an HPT Pro EOIO spliced in so I can leave the ngauge connected if I want to data log AFR) and one other I can't remember as I haven't driven the car in a while.

I had a 5th gen camaro that had an ngauge also and I also had a separate AFR gauge. For the vette, I wanted a cleaner look so I decided to use it for AFR also.

Once you get used to where the parameters are on the screen, it is easy to look and get the information you need. I also have it set up so the numbers change colors depending on what range they are in. E.G. when oil gets over 160*, the font turns green. If oil pressure is too low, the font turns red.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:20 PM
jetbluu
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm also running an ngauge. Using it to monitor (AFR - using AFX 2 wideband, oil pres., coolant temp, fuel pres., knock retard, oil temp.)

Like the previous person, it's easy to read once you know where you placed everything and the color changing option is pretty cool for quick visual alerts.

I already had a seperate gauge for boost, which I'm using.

Last edited by jetbluu; 03-04-2019 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:33 PM
doomi
Drifting

Originally Posted by blake-b
I have one and am monitoring boost, ethanol content, oil pressure, oil temp, AFR (analog Via an NGK Powerdex - I also have an HPT Pro EOIO spliced in so I can leave the ngauge connected if I want to data log AFR) and one other I can't remember as I haven't driven the car in a while.

I had a 5th gen camaro that had an ngauge also and I also had a separate AFR gauge. For the vette, I wanted a cleaner look so I decided to use it for AFR also.

Once you get used to where the parameters are on the screen, it is easy to look and get the information you need. I also have it set up so the numbers change colors depending on what range they are in. E.G. when oil gets over 160*, the font turns green. If oil pressure is too low, the font turns red.
Are you using a Lund box for boost?

Originally Posted by jetbluu
I'm also running an ngauge. Using it to monitor (AFR - using AFX 2 wideband, oil pres., coolant temp, fuel pres., knock retard, oil temp.)

Like the previous person, it's easy to read once you know where you placed everything and the color changing option is pretty cool for quick visual alerts.

I already had a seperate gauge for boost, which I'm using.
I'm trying to keep this as sleeper as possible so it would be great if I could keep it to a single gauge. And it sounds like that's doable.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:42 PM
Rokket
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by doomi
Are you using a Lund box for boost?
No, I have a ZR1 and am reading it through the OBD II port. Boost can be read on yours if you switch to a ZR1 map sensor and adjust your tune for it. I see you are also in KCMO.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:44 PM
Rokket
Burning Brakes

I didn't think it might not work on certain ECUs. I know it worked on my E38 in the 5th Gen and obviously on the E67 in the ZR1.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:44 PM
ysb02
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I run one on my ctsv, it won't read on my old c5z. They've very nice and their support is excellent. I accidentally broke the screen when I had mine out. They had it fixed and back to me within 4-5 days.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:50 PM
doomi
Drifting

No, I have a ZR1 and am reading it through the OBD II port. Boost can be read on yours if you switch to a ZR1 map sensor and adjust your tune for it. I see you are also in KCMO.
Thank you! I saw something the other day about switching to the ZR1 MAP sensor, and now I understand why. I'll definitely go that route and let Justune know.

I am located in KCMO... actually just south in Belton.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:53 PM
Rokket
Burning Brakes

I'm by Liberty. The guy who bought my car lives in Belton. If you see a black 5th Gen with 17" weld beadlocks and a cowl induction hood... Beware, it makes just over 1kwhp on the lowest boost setting and over 1200whp on high...

Don't tell him I told you.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:16 PM
doomi
Drifting

I'm by Liberty. The guy who bought my car lives in Belton. If you see a black 5th Gen with 17" weld beadlocks and a cowl induction hood... Beware, it makes just over 1kwhp on the lowest boost setting and over 1200whp on high...

Don't tell him I told you.
Now that you say that I remember you. I purchased your Tick master cylinder last month.

Pretty sure I've seen that car around town.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:17 PM
Rokket
Burning Brakes

Old 03-05-2019, 11:55 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Just got home from KCMO. Damn it was cold. Happy to be back into the mid 70s and sunny.

As for gauges, Aeroforce, innovate, dashlogic and many other single gauge type choices to consider.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:02 PM
doomi
Drifting

Originally Posted by Unreal
Just got home from KCMO. Damn it was cold. Happy to be back into the mid 70s and sunny.

As for gauges, Aeroforce, innovate, dashlogic and many other single gauge type choices to consider.
It's terribly cold here! My in-laws live in Gilbert and I'm ready to make a trip there right about now.

This gauge search has sent me down the rabbit hole. There are just so many options and I'm still learning as I go.

Actually this whole forced induction quest has sent me down the rabbit hole. Now I'm also at the point of deciding if I need to add a secondary fuel pump system from A&A to meet my goals. Then there is the bottom end to consider the need for upgrades, what to do about the z51 oil cooler, etc.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:17 PM
doomi
Drifting

I think I've narrowed it down between:

nGauge w/ zeitronix zt-3 for wideband
Innovative ECB-1 (BOOST) Ethanol Content & Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge
Innovative PSB-1 Boost & A/F Gauge

Still leaning towards the nGauge, but I wouldn't mind saving the couple hundred bucks on the Innovative.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:37 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

AEM failsafe also does what you want, is cheap and works. Has AFR, boost, and also can be wired up for the fail safe functions.
The following 2 users liked this post by Unreal:
73DBG (08-15-2019), doomi (03-05-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Gauges for boosted cars - leaning towards ngauge

Old 08-13-2019, 11:14 AM
grdspt
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how are you guys hooking up any of these mentioned wideband sensors to the ngauge? what sensor/harness adapter would be needed?
Old 08-13-2019, 11:25 AM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by grdspt
how are you guys hooking up any of these mentioned wideband sensors to the ngauge? what sensor/harness adapter would be needed?
E-motion's website sells an analog input harness for $25 or you can make one. It has two analog inputs and you'll just wire in the analog output from the wideband to one of the inputs and then go into the gauge and set the offset and scale values. Very easy.
The following users liked this post:
grdspt (08-13-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 06:03 PM
doomi
Drifting

I used the Zeitronix ZT3 wideband because it's a plug and play digital connection. You just need the ZT3 wideband and ECA-2 cable from Zeitronix website.

Quick Reply: Gauges for boosted cars - leaning towards ngauge