C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c6z A&A v3 kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 01:19 PM
Horps27
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm open to suggestions. I was planning on going straight E85, so I didn't plan on the FF sensor, but I guess I need that too.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:29 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by Horps27
I'm open to suggestions. I was planning on going straight E85, so I didn't plan on the FF sensor, but I guess I need that too.
Yea you neee a flex fuel sensor but those can be had for not much money, **** you can make your own if you want to save on cost, but FFS are a cheap part relatively. Where are you located? My shop/tuner wouldn’t imagine charging me like that, now I’ve spent a good bit of money with them overall and that plays a part. There’s some extremely knowledgeable guys throwing out good info on this thread, guys who definitely set me in the right direction. Sounds like it’s time to look for another tuner bro. Good luck man! keep us posted🇺🇸
Old 03-18-2019, 01:38 PM
HouseS2k
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Horps27
plenty of guys have made 800whp on pump/bap/meth. So
in my humble opinion, e85 is to much. Only way I’d go that far is if I build the motor and go nuts.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:52 PM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

You do not need a flex fuel sensor for an e85 only map. You can also get around this base map issue by running the stock injectors to the tune and then swap and fill the car up with e85 from a can. In NA corvettes I have driven 2-300 miles to my tuner on the stock tune with big cams its just annoying to drive thats all.

I have had 4 or 5 cars on e85 only one was ever used a flex sensor/map it was a waste of money for me in the end because not one time did i ever fill up with 93 there are tons of pumps around me with e85 and i can travel across the state/to nearby states without the need to find anything other then e85.

I am also anti meth but that is my own issue.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:56 PM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

I made 837whp on stock pump/BAP/meth. If going e85, you would be crazy not to add the flex fuel sensor. With your SBE, limit it to 700-750whp, which is easily done without a complete fuel system. Like others have said, looks like you need a tuner mod.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:11 PM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

Originally Posted by Patriot Six
I made 837whp on stock pump/BAP/meth. If going e85, you would be crazy not to add the flex fuel sensor. With your SBE, limit it to 700-750whp, which is easily done without a complete fuel system. Like others have said, looks like you need a tuner mod.
Curious as to why someone would be crazy to not run a flex sensor. Like i said I have ran it for years in pretty much every sports car I have owned and have only used a sensor once and it was a waste of money. It has a built in fail safe on its own for small swings and any large ones you will see on your wideband anyways. Id trust e with no flex sensor ALLLL day over a meth setup which consistently has failures and is a big maintenance item.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:46 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Because sensor is $50, and can auto adjust and take the risk out. It is one of the cheapest easiest things, plus allows you to run any blend or 91-93 if needed. So I agree, not only is it crazy, it is just plain stupid not to do it for how cheap it is.

New ECU does not give you launch control/etc, that is in the BCM/Etc so you don't get that by adding a newer ECU.

Hell I have a 09+ ECU sitting in garage. $100 and it is all yours if you don't want to listen and do the 09+, and listen to someone who obviously doesn't know what they are talking about. Anyone charging $250 for a base tune should be laughed at and ran away from.

Last edited by Unreal; 03-18-2019 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:51 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Other concern, Si trim will max out easy enough without flex fuel, e85, and all that junk. So if you want to really spend a ton, run flex/etc etc just start with a bigger blower as you can easily max out the stock motor, and SI trim on just pump fuel and a little meth.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:10 PM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

Originally Posted by Unreal
Because sensor is $50, and can auto adjust and take the risk out. It is one of the cheapest easiest things, plus allows you to run any blend or 91-93 if needed. So I agree, not only is it crazy, it is just plain stupid not to do it for how cheap it is.

New ECU does not give you launch control/etc, that is in the BCM/Etc so you don't get that by adding a newer ECU.

Hell I have a 09+ ECU sitting in garage. $100 and it is all yours if you don't want to listen and do the 09+, and listen to someone who obviously doesn't know what they are talking about. Anyone charging $250 for a base tune should be laughed at and ran away from.
It is not just a $50 sensor it is the $50 sensor plus fittings/connectors and then the tune at least for my tuner raises the price around 2-300. So now your closer to a grand by the time you include the added fuel, flex fuel tune, and hp tuner credit. Like i said i did it before last spring never will waste the cash again for fuel. I can drive from my house to Chicago, Detroit, or Indianapolis on e85 without issue which covers most of any car events i would ever go to.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:32 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

$54 for sensor, $20 in fittings/connector. Tune is flip a few boxes. If your tuner is charging $200-300, find a new tuner.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:41 PM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

$54 for sensor, $20 in fittings/connector. Tune is flip a few boxes. If your tuner is charging $200-300, find a new tuner.
With all due respect corbin at fathouse is one of the best in the business. You are not just paying for a few boxes you are paying for someone to check those boxes, mix the fuel pull after pull, and extend the dynotime due to the extra work needed.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:36 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk
With all due respect corbin at fathouse is one of the best in the business. You are not just paying for a few boxes you are paying for someone to check those boxes, mix the fuel pull after pull, and extend the dynotime due to the extra work needed.
Well now I’m curios to what your build is and how the tune went.....I had my run in with a shitty shop/tuner and it’s cost me, but even those clowns were smart enough to add a FFS. So what’s your build and what power did you make.....?

OP do your own research and verify the advice being given, not all corvette forum opinions/advice should be treated equally. Unreal/Patriotsix/Schpenxel have a bunch of experience with all your asking, they haven’t led me down the wrong path yet. SBE under or just over 700 you’ll be fine. No need to get crazy, but if you do get the more power bug don’t be scared of meth! It’s awesome. I’m gonna run meth even when I switch to E85.....

Last edited by 73DBG; 03-18-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:39 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk
Disagree on that. You need to do a solid 91/93, then a solid e85 or e99, and the computer can do the rest. You don't have to blend up, tune e10, then e20, etc.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:55 PM
HouseS2k
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Unreal has been in the game for a very long time. He’s been there, done that 7 ways to Sunday. Hell I’ve even gotten free education just by reading his posts. His advice I would certainly trust.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:05 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by HouseS2k
Unreal has been in the game for a very long time. He’s been there, done that 7 ways to Sunday. Hell I’ve even gotten free education just by reading his posts. His advice I would certainly trust.
yup! Me too, lots of wisdom on this forum! You just gotta find the good **** and filter the nonsense....several guys on here have went above and beyond to help me out that’s for damn sure. 🇺🇸
Old 03-18-2019, 08:05 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Like I said earlier, you will quickly and easily hit the limits of the ls7 and blower. So I don't see the need to drop $800 on an ECS stage 1, etc etc etc just to hit another limit. Throw the kit on, an alky control single nozzle, enjoy 650-700rwhp and beat it and enjoy it. Put the money towards clutch, tires, axles, cooling and all the other fun stuff you will need sooner or later.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:31 PM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

Originally Posted by 73DBG
Well now I’m curios to what your build is and how the tune went.....I had my run in with a shitty shop/tuner and it’s cost me, but even those clowns were smart enough to add a FFS. So what’s your build and what power did you make.....?
I mean some short googling on fathouse fabrications/johnson tuning youd find their quality of work. They did the first 6 speed coyote in the 8s, just did a 149X whp GT350, tons of ls work, some GTR work ect. Their fab and tuning work is among the best you will find period it is why i travel several hours away from home past many places that are alot cheaper. There certainly is zero reason to be calling them out because i disagree with using a flex sensor when the guy is trying to avoid spending money and make finishing his car cheaper.

Everyone here telling him to run meth is forgetting the fact that once a year the pumps fail and leak everywhere, nozzles clog, I know someone local who had a controller issue after several months of it working fine which lead to filling motor with meth till the tank ran out ect. To many ifs or ands praying this time it triggered. Im all for sketchy....not for that sketchy. Id rather just know the car is a little rich because it was tuned on e85 and is running e70 right now no harm no issues no flex sensor needed.

Get notified of new replies

To c6z A&A v3 kit

Old 03-18-2019, 08:41 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Once a year the pump fails.....🙄 buy a better kit. Will I pull my pump and send it to get a refresh every other year? Yeah I probably will because it’s easy and smart maintenance, same thing I’ll do with checking my valve guides and springs....making decent power with a corvette....not to mention an LS7 with a blower is going to require maintenance and checks, it’s damn sure not a cheap hobby. Adding meth is no different or more of a potential “risk/problem” than anything else that comes with building fast cars to go fast. Imo anyway.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:13 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

I've known Jeremy for 20+ years. Go way way way back. I'm very familiar with Fathouse.

Tons of people run meth without issues. Does it take some maintenance and care, yes.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:17 PM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

I've known Jeremy for 20+ years. Go way way way back. I'm very familiar with Fathouse.

Tons of people run meth without issues. Does it take some maintenance and care, yes.
They are good people. Plus they have fluffy dogs to play with while your waiting which is always a plus.

--
I dont agree many run meth without issues. But if we are going to say one thing is bad because xyz we should probably be transparent in the other direction also so the pros and cons of each can be weighed out. Kind of over arguing on here....there is plenty of facebook groups for that.

Last edited by Shortpersonbk; 03-18-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Quick Reply: c6z A&A v3 kit