C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of Edelbrock E-Force

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 01:30 PM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Received 1,314 Likes on 886 Posts
Default Thinking of Edelbrock E-Force

So I have a 2011 Corvette Grand Sport. It is a 6-speed manual so it has the LS3 with the dry sump oiling system. I am thinking I may purchase an Edelbrock E-force supercharger kit for it. More power would be great and I love doing installs/upgrades to my car.

Anyone here done an install themselves of this kit? Any advice or pointers? I have read some older threads and looks like the most difficult part is the crank pinning.

Any thing else?

My only current modification is American Racing headers and a canned tune. I assume that I can continue to use my headers with the E-Force?

Last edited by Spaceme1117; 03-16-2019 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:33 AM
donnyt
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Any reason you've narrowed it down to an EForce over an ECS or A&A setup?
Old 03-17-2019, 11:22 AM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,828 Likes on 1,968 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I'm thinking about one of those also for my GS. A simpler install is one reason and looks clean...... I think its a simpler install anyway......
Old 03-17-2019, 11:38 AM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Originally Posted by donnyt
Any reason you've narrowed it down to an EForce over an ECS or A&A setup?
From reading a lot of forum posts it looks like the biggest differences between the two are that the centrifugal blowers produce their power and torque mostly on the mid-range and top end and have higher power potential. Whereas, the roots type blowers (E-force, Magnuson) have near instant torque down low, don't have quite the top end power, and don't have as much power potential as they aren't as efficient. My car is 99% street and daily driving and I might go to the track eventually so that makes me lean toward the E-force.

As for which has the cleaner look, I think the E-force but either system looks to be very well engineered so that doesn't matter much to me.

I do like the fact that the E-force comes with a factory tune. I could always find a local tuner if I wanted a more refined tune for my car.

The E-force does come with a warranty but I would be doing the install myself, so that doesn't matter.
The following users liked this post:
sallen619 (03-17-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 01:25 PM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Well, I decided to pull the trigger and get the E-Force. Purchased from RDP store which has a great price with the 10% discount for forum members.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:45 PM
Carvone
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

My car already had the Eforce installed when I bought it but it really doesn't look that hard, crank pinning and fuel pump work might be a little labor but nothing that can't be done. Where are you located?
Old 03-18-2019, 03:44 PM
guido1205us
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I think pinning the crank and tapping the pan for oil is probably the hardest with any of the kits. I think they all have good instructions, maybe the Maggie heartbeat being the most lacking as far as I can tell. Can't remember if either it or the Edelbrock are self contained but one of the reasons why I'm favoring more towards AA or ECS.

You have access to 2 or 4 post lift? Going to blog about it? Would be interested to follow, see if I have enough Kung Fu to try it myself with my drys sump LS3.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:07 PM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Carvone
My car already had the Eforce installed when I bought it but it really doesn't look that hard, crank pinning and fuel pump work might be a little labor but nothing that can't be done. Where are you located?
Located in north Kentucky.

Yeah, the install doesn't look difficult at all. I have already done two cam installs on LS cars so I am familiar with how to remove the balancer bolt. It still makes me pucker up when I have to do that.

I will probably drop the subframe and raise the engine to make room to pin the crank. Definitely, seems to save a good bit of work rather than remove the power steering rack.

As for pump install, I went with the 554 hp kit which doesn't require upgrading the fuel pump. If I decide I want or need to increase the amount of fuel pressure/volume, I would probably just install a Boost-A-Pump and a auxillary wiring harness.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:04 PM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Originally Posted by guido1205us
I think pinning the crank and tapping the pan for oil is probably the hardest with any of the kits. I think they all have good instructions, maybe the Maggie heartbeat being the most lacking as far as I can tell. Can't remember if either it or the Edelbrock are self contained but one of the reasons why I'm favoring more towards AA or ECS.

You have access to 2 or 4 post lift? Going to blog about it? Would be interested to follow, see if I have enough Kung Fu to try it myself with my drys sump LS3.
Pinning the crank is the most difficult part mainly because of the crank bolt.

The Edelbrock E-force is self contained to there is no tapping into the oil pan for an oil drain.

I will try to take as many pictures as I can when I do the install. I don't think it will be too difficult. I have read the instructions and it looks pretty straight forward.

I don't have a lift so will be doing this on jack stands. I did a clutch install last year on a C5 Z06 on jack stands so this shouldn't be too bad.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:14 AM
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Spaceme1117
So I have a 2011 Corvette Grand Sport. It is a 6-speed manual so it has the LS3 with the dry sump oiling system. I am thinking I may purchase an Edelbrock E-force supercharger kit for it. More power would be great and I love doing installs/upgrades to my car.

Anyone here done an install themselves of this kit? Any advice or pointers? I have read some older threads and looks like the most difficult part is the crank pinning.

Any thing else?

My only current modification is American Racing headers and a canned tune. I assume that I can continue to use my headers with the E-Force?
Feel free to send me a pm or give me a call as we can hook you up on a Edelbrock Eforce and Help you with any of your questions sir
Old 03-19-2019, 07:18 AM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Originally Posted by RDP Store
Feel free to send me a pm or give me a call as we can hook you up on a Edelbrock Eforce and Help you with any of your questions sir
I already placed my order with your company over the weekend. Thanks.

Just waiting to see when I can expect the kit to be shipped.

Get notified of new replies

To Thinking of Edelbrock E-Force

Quick Reply: Thinking of Edelbrock E-Force