C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPP Turbo Kit on a C6Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 01:55 AM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts
Default UPP Turbo Kit on a C6Z

I do not see much about the UPP kit on C6Z's. Did some Googling and a couple of people have had the kit. I am going to be NA for a while regardless, I am just trying to research this. The kit seems pricy but with the 76mm T4 upgrade this kit looks to be capable of big power. Install does not look crazy either but not sure. I watched a dyno video and the kit sounds sick. It also seems the price of the kit with the 76mm turbo's will be just as expensive as an F1X w/10-rib and all the bells and whistles. The centri kits look great and are basically bolt-on, it seems to me that this kit is the same way.

Thoughts?
Old 04-13-2019, 02:16 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

They are defiantly more complex as far as the installation goes, but the power they provide lb for lb and the mid range tq really isn't even comparable. More heat, but no belt slippage. No matter which way you go, there's always going to be trade-offs. But yes, they are a very bad *** kit....but I'm also very bias on the subject!
Old 04-13-2019, 10:57 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS
They are defiantly more complex as far as the installation goes, but the power they provide lb for lb and the mid range tq really isn't even comparable. More heat, but no belt slippage. No matter which way you go, there's always going to be trade-offs. But yes, they are a very bad *** kit....but I'm also very bias on the subject!
I have a Hi-Ram with a huge hole in the hood that should help with the heat I would think? I may switch to a VFN 6" though. Heat extractors may help? Anything you have to cut up or would be a pain?
Old 04-15-2019, 04:48 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Anything you can do to help vent the hood is optimal. Having the added exhaust under the hood is obviously going to increase the under hood temps, and the more power you make the more temps are going to be present that need to be shed.

We really tried to limit anything being cut or overly modified where it couldn't be returned back to stock. The pain is mostly just the time consuming process of the installation. Nothing overly hard, just much more to a TT kit vs centuri.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:15 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Here's the one we did recently.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...lsx-build.html
The following users liked this post:
CK@UPPCOS (04-18-2019)
Old 04-18-2019, 11:17 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dane@LGmotorsports
I saw the thread, how was fitment and how is the heat? Are those the 76's? This will most likely be the kit I go with down the road.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:53 AM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by Innovate
I saw the thread, how was fitment and how is the heat? Are those the 76's? This will most likely be the kit I go with down the road.
No heat issues so far, ran hoodless when we took it to an event. Customer hasn't beat on it much, he didn't have space for it so it stayed on our showroom for a bit. It has an upgraded radiator and will be running our tri louvered world challenge hood shortly. Yes they are the 76's installation was tough because it's made for a standard LS7 and this one had 6 bolt heads which are higher so it threw off the lengths of things.

Get notified of new replies

To UPP Turbo Kit on a C6Z

Quick Reply: UPP Turbo Kit on a C6Z