C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sloppyish Homemade Turbo Build

Old 04-18-2019, 09:38 AM
CHR89

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally Posted by MTBSully View Post
Looks good to me but what do I know. What tig do you have? The new vulcan pro tig from harbor freight has been getting really good reviews I was thinking of picking that up as my first rig.
I use the AHP Alphatig, it has been a good machine so far. I went ahead and bought a new pedal and a dual flow regulator so I could backpurge but other then that havenít had any issues.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:10 PM
CHR89

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Got the manifold in the car today. Not really surprised but glad the stock dipstick still fits. Got the turbo put in the car as well so I can get an idea of what I want to do for this last section.

Need to get under it again tomorrow and set up the crossover pipe, that should hopefully be pretty easy and then Iíll have to figure out how I want to brace the turbo. The plan is to get it braced and then finish the manifold to it instead of winging it like I have with everything else 😂
Old 04-20-2019, 03:37 AM
SteveSierra
CF Senior Member

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Great work, looks awesome.
Min suprised how much spaced youíve managed to make in there.
Mine was extremely tight even with my small turbo, I suppose I have used the stock z51 radiator, fan and coolers so they take up more space.
Old Yesterday, 10:48 AM
CHR89

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Got the manifold built out the rest of the way. Just need to finish weld it now along with adding the wastegate to it then itíll be time to finish the crossover. Once thatís done everything will be getting coated and Iíll hold the engine up with a hoist so I can drop the subframe and get the oil pan out so I can weld a bung to it.

Pretty happy with how the manifold has turned out so far though.

Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM
jayyyw
CF Senior Member

Liked 265 Times in 243 Posts

I used the same thing to hold my turbo up for mock-up, lol. Paint cans ftw.

Most people I talked to upgraded the fans in the CX Racing kit. I went with some Spal fans. Are you going to notch the crash beam to get more flow?
Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM
CHR89

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally Posted by jayyyw View Post
I used the same thing to hold my turbo up for mock-up, lol. Paint cans ftw.

Most people I talked to upgraded the fans in the CX Racing kit. I went with some Spal fans. Are you going to notch the crash beam to get more flow?
The CX racing fans are just Hayden fans, Iíve ran them with a decent amount of success so Iíll leave them on for now and see how they do. But yeah I plan on notching the crash beam to try to get a little more air in there. Plus all of the hot side pieces will be coated to help bring heat down a bit. Bracing the turbo flange to the subframe today so hopefully it wonít need the paint cans anymore lol.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: