C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J. Formato - superb on tuning SC set ups ?

Old 04-29-2019, 02:35 PM
renegade123
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Default J. Formato - superb on tuning SC set ups ?

I know he initially had the fastest C7 record after doing mods. Any thoughts on his tuning for FI set ups ? The defunct Florida Speed and Power performed the FI build for the previous owner of my Z.There is some lurching at low idle which I know is sometimes normal , but I believe it can be smoothed out with a high quality tune.Plus I have no idea what any of the ratios are so I would like to get a set of my own updated numbers. I talked to Formato many years back about a cam swap and tune for my C5Z, ended up doing the swap myself. He seems to have a good rep, anyone use him for a supercharged setup, tune specifically ?
Old 04-29-2019, 02:43 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,065 Likes on 2,072 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I believe Jeremy Formato is working out of Florida.

If your in Florida too, I would recommend Howard Tanner at Redline Motorsports (Pompano Beach). Excellent dyno tuner !

Specializes in late model GM

https://www.redline-motorsports.net/
Old 04-29-2019, 03:26 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by renegade123
I know he initially had the fastest C7 record after doing mods. Any thoughts on his tuning for FI set ups ? The defunct Florida Speed and Power performed the FI build for the previous owner of my Z.There is some lurching at low idle which I know is sometimes normal , but I believe it can be smoothed out with a high quality tune.Plus I have no idea what any of the ratios are so I would like to get a set of my own updated numbers. I talked to Formato many years back about a cam swap and tune for my C5Z, ended up doing the swap myself. He seems to have a good rep, anyone use him for a supercharged setup, tune specifically ?
Please let us know if we can be of assistance with your issues with your Z.

Thanks
Old 04-29-2019, 03:28 PM
renegade123
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

The reason I ask about Formato is that he is fairly close, probably 30 min drive. I am on the west coast of FL, Pompano is on the east. I do hear Redline has a fantastic reputation though,they are just way to far from me.

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
I believe Jeremy Formato is working out of Florida.

If your in Florida too, I would recommend Howard Tanner at Redline Motorsports (Pompano Beach). Excellent dyno tuner !

Specializes in late model GM

https://www.redline-motorsports.net/
Old 04-29-2019, 05:53 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,065 Likes on 2,072 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Well, I am in Cape Coral (also on the west side) ... But, I think it was worth it for the 2 hour drive over to Redline ...

Up to you ...

Get notified of new replies

To J. Formato - superb on tuning SC set ups ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: J. Formato - superb on tuning SC set ups ?