C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porting a Magnuson Heartbeat supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 10:18 PM
jimbob8915
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

Default Porting a Magnuson Heartbeat supercharger

Thinking about installing a Heartbeat onto my 06 Z06. Has anyone ever heard of or had their TVS 2300 ported? Any flow gains from the supercharger or manifold to be had? I think that improving flow should lower boost but also will lower heat.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:08 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbob8915
Thinking about installing a Heartbeat onto my 06 Z06. Has anyone ever heard of or had their TVS 2300 ported? Any flow gains from the supercharger or manifold to be had? I think that improving flow should lower boost but also will lower heat.
Lots of people have ported the TVS 2300 blowers on the ZR1 with great results. But porting doesn’t lower boost, quite the opposite.
The Heartbeat is a completely different casing and the only thing that I can see would benefit from porting on that would be the inlet snout or Throttle Body Adaptor (“TBA”). But to do that properly, you need to weld up the outside of the TBA and then port it out to ~102mm so you can use a 102mm throttle body. That’s what I did and picked up about 1.5 psi of boost and a noticeable power gain.

Quick Reply: Porting a Magnuson Heartbeat supercharger