C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger newbie

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 10:53 PM
Cboosted6
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger newbie

What’s up everyone I just got my first supercharged car and have a couple questions. I have a 2005 auto c6 with an a@a supercharger kit, Magnaflow cat back, and a built transmission. Other than that it is all stock. Only 35k on the car and less than 2500 on the supercharger.

What is normal maintenance for a supercharger?

How do you know if supercharger is running at peak performance or under performing?
Old 05-30-2019, 09:13 AM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

To be safe, I would assume the supercharger fluid has not been changed and do it now. Afterwards, change the supercharger fluid every 7500 miles. I do mine once per year regardless of mileage. Also, check to make sure belt is properly tensioned. This can be done by either checking a boost gauge or data logs to ensure you're not loosing boost at higher rpms due to belt slip. You would also likely notice belt dust where the belt is slipping. The only other maintenance typically required with a blower once every few years is ensuring that the blow off valve (BOV) is functioning properly. Basically, if you hear it flutter on decel, it's getting stuck and not lubricated properly. This is very easy to fix by going into the passenger side wheel well, removing and disassembling the BOV, and lubricating the plunger that opens and closes the valve with WD-40 or gun oil.

Last edited by Patriot Six; 05-30-2019 at 09:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Josh@AandASuperchargers (05-30-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 12:51 PM
Cboosted6
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Patriot Six
To be safe, I would assume the supercharger fluid has not been changed and do it now. Afterwards, change the supercharger fluid every 7500 miles. I do mine once per year regardless of mileage. Also, check to make sure belt is properly tensioned. This can be done by either checking a boost gauge or data logs to ensure you're not loosing boost at higher rpms due to belt slip. You would also likely notice belt dust where the belt is slipping. The only other maintenance typically required with a blower once every few years is ensuring that the blow off valve (BOV) is functioning properly. Basically, if you hear it flutter on decel, it's getting stuck and not lubricated properly. This is very easy to fix by going into the passenger side wheel well, removing and disassembling the BOV, and lubricating the plunger that opens and closes the valve with WD-40 or gun oil.

This is great information, I will definitely be doing a once over on it all. Much appreciated 🍻

Get notified of new replies

To Supercharger newbie

Quick Reply: Supercharger newbie