Notices
C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooling fan

Old 06-23-2019, 10:15 PM
rare69vette
CF Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cooling fan

Can Anyone tell me if they know if a Z06 with a Dewittís radiator and a E force Supercharger can use ProSpeed fans ?
I canít tell by looking if they will fit
Thanks

Last edited by rare69vette; 06-23-2019 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:45 AM
renegade123
CF Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rare69vette View Post
Can Anyone tell me if they know if a Z06 with a Dewittís radiator and a E force Supercharger can use ProSpeed fans ?
I canít tell by looking if they will fit
Thanks
I believe Dewitts radiators are custom fit for their specific fan/radiator setups, and maybe the use of the stock factory single fan ?. You could always measure the actual surface of the radiator ( that is covered in cooling fins) Length X Height to see if the ProSpeed set up fits. Don't forget to measure the depth also, so the fans are not hitting anything in the front of the engine, some setups stick out to far and need to be modified, especially on FI setups
Old 06-24-2019, 08:20 PM
donnyt
CF Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a ProSpeed fan with a full size Dewitts. I would imagine it should work fine with your blower. I have an ECS setup and it's fine.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:52 PM
Chiselchst
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 133 Likes on 114 Posts

I have a full size DeWitts with the dual ProSpeed fan set up....on a Grand Sport
Old 06-25-2019, 08:46 AM
rare69vette
CF Member

Originally Posted by Chiselchst View Post
I have a full size DeWitts with the dual ProSpeed fan set up....on a Grand Sport
Thank you all
ordered it today
Hopefully it will help with my temperatures in traffic

Last edited by rare69vette; 06-25-2019 at 08:47 AM.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:11 AM
73DBG
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 191 Likes on 166 Posts

Thank you all
ordered it today
Hopefully it will help with my temperatures in traffic
What are your temps now? In traffic? Without AC on? With AC on? What coolant mixture are you running? Location? I have a Prospeed fit to a Dewittís short cut radiator it got my coolant temps with AC on 95 degree air temp to stay around 205-208....Iím about to try a different coolant mixture though Iíll let you know how that goes, doing a good bit of research on what works best for summer high heat like where I live. Gonna try a 100% de-ionized water with a specific additive for anti-corrosion Iíll keep you posted if youíre interested in the results. Turns out distilled water is actually does interesting **** at a molecular level when introduced to aluminum when itís in its purest form, if you are running a higher water to coolant percentage than straight 50/50 deinozed maybe a better option apparently Iím intrigued by what Iíve been reading so weíll see how it goes....

Last edited by 73DBG; 06-25-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:37 PM
Chiselchst
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 133 Likes on 114 Posts

One thing I noticed about the Dual ProSpeed fans - let me know if you agree/disagree; driving, the airflow path seems slightly more restrictive, as temps do not go down as quickly say when getting on the freeway after sitting in traffic. Takes longer to cool back down. However, the fans do keep the ECT temps below 210*F or so on mine in traffic. Just wish they had the same airflow...when the fans weren't needed...

My opinion, worth what you paid for it...
Old 06-25-2019, 08:31 PM
73DBG
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Chiselchst View Post
One thing I noticed about the Dual ProSpeed fans - let me know if you agree/disagree; driving, the airflow path seems slightly more restrictive, as temps do not go down as quickly say when getting on the freeway after sitting in traffic. Takes longer to cool back down. However, the fans do keep the ECT temps below 210*F or so on mine in traffic. Just wish they had the same airflow...when the fans weren't needed...

My opinion, worth what you paid for it...
Seems pretty close to me, but since traffic heat was what I wanted to solve I didnít pay too much attention to that but now thatís you being it up sounds about right, but Iím cool with it as long as I keep temps under 210* with the AC on....couldnít do that before the Prospeed
The following users liked this post:
Chiselchst (06-26-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 09:18 PM
rare69vette
CF Member

I live in south Louisiana I rarely drive with my air conditioner off and on the highway my temperatures are usually between 200-208
But tonight on the way home I never saw over 196
But stop in heavy bumper to bumper traffic I have seen temperatures as high as 240 once when stopped for a wreck
I am running a mixture of 70% deionized water and 30% dexcool and one bottle of water wetter Hoping the new fans will help with this problem
Old 06-25-2019, 09:44 PM
73DBG
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I live in south Louisiana I rarely drive with my air conditioner off and on the highway my temperatures are usually between 200-208
But tonight on the way home I never saw over 196
But stop in heavy bumper to bumper traffic I have seen temperatures as high as 240 once when stopped for a wreck
I am running a mixture of 70% deionized water and 30% dexcool and one bottle of water wetter Hoping the new fans will help with this problem
Yeah 240 would make me sketched out, 230 was my braking point and I ordered the Prospeed set up, Iím gonna try 100% deionized wetter water or hyper Kuhl and 2-4 oz of oil extremes additive and see how that goes for summer time down here in the damn swamp! Doing a flush of the system now want to make sure Iíve got a good base to experiment with....nice and clean! Didnone round of distilled water flush tonight Iíll do another one tomorrow and see how it looks,If your anywhere near the southern miss/Louisiana line say Covington to Biloxi send me a Pm we might be close enough to meet up one day👍🏻
Old 06-26-2019, 12:34 AM
RPOWU8
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

GM had a nice shroud that brought cool air into the condenser & radiator. One of the first things to go when you install an air to air intercooler in front of the radiator is that shroud. The shroud helps prevent pulling hot air from the engine compartment back through the front of the radiator. I made some panels to keep that to a minimum. It has made the biggest improvement to date. Do what you can to seal the front of the radiator from "recycling" hot air.

I have the full size dewitts radiator and two extreme fans in the dual spal shroud. I used two stock fan modules, one for each fan due to amp draw. I would go with the Prospeed fan shroud today but they were not available back when I did everything.

DJ
Chiselchst (06-26-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 02:48 AM
73DBG
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RPOWU8 View Post
GM had a nice shroud that brought cool air into the condenser & radiator. One of the first things to go when you install an air to air intercooler in front of the radiator is that shroud. The shroud helps prevent pulling hot air from the engine compartment back through the front of the radiator. I made some panels to keep that to a minimum. It has made the biggest improvement to date. Do what you can to seal the front of the radiator from "recycling" hot air.

I have the full size dewitts radiator and two extreme fans in the dual spal shroud. I used two stock fan modules, one for each fan due to amp draw. I would go with the Prospeed fan shroud today but they were not available back when I did everything.

DJ
Would you mind throwing up some pics of your handy work if you get a chance? Wouldnít mind seeing how you boxed everything in if itís not to much trouble
Old 06-26-2019, 07:25 PM
realcanuk
CF Senior Member

Received 337 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I kept the stock shroud in use. Just had to cut it up some. Works great.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:35 PM
RPOWU8
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 73DBG View Post
Would you mind throwing up some pics of your handy work if you get a chance? Wouldnít mind seeing how you boxed everything in if itís not to much trouble
Here you go. In the middle of intercooler project so the front end is off anyway. I think these side panels made the most improvement, but I did some stuff down below as well. Basically make a couple panels that goes between the front crossbar and the radiator. What I saw was the car runs a lot cooler and the fans run alot less.

Realcanuk; Would love to see how you did it. I'm having a hard time picturing it. My shroud is long gone.

Left Side

Right Side

Left Side

Left side diff angle
NYC6 (06-28-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 10:02 AM
renegade123
CF Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm guessing none of you guys live in FL ? The temperature was record setting this wek with heat AND humidity off the charts.Went out last night to the store and it was 95 degrees on the thermometer in my girls car - AT 10:00pm at NIGHT ! Crazy hot...
Old 06-28-2019, 07:43 PM
donnyt
CF Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by renegade123 View Post
I'm guessing none of you guys live in FL ? The temperature was record setting this wek with heat AND humidity off the charts.Went out last night to the store and it was 95 degrees on the thermometer in my girls car - AT 10:00pm at NIGHT ! Crazy hot...
110į out here in Az today. In the summer it's pretty typical to still be 100į at night

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cooling fan

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: