Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous
Reload this Page >

FIC-Bosch injectors won't fit properly in the LS9 fuel rail

Notices
C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FIC-Bosch injectors won't fit properly in the LS9 fuel rail

Old 07-02-2019, 06:12 PM
Turbo6TA
CF Senior Member

Received 632 Likes on 500 Posts
Default FIC-Bosch injectors won't fit properly in the LS9 fuel rail

Just received a set of Fuel Injector Connection (FIC) Bosch 60Lb @ 43.5 PSI injectors. These are supposed to flow 70LB @ 58 PSI. These injectors were purchased through ECS.

Anyway, these are a direct 'plug and play' replacement for the Bosch 52Lb / LS9 injectors that came with the LS3 Heartbeat SC kit.

There is a little slot cut into the plastic outer body of the LS3 style injector that allows the retaining clip to slide into and positively hold the injector into the fuel rail. The injector gets pushed into the fuel rail so the electrical connector on the injector is facing outward (facing towards the fender).

Well, on these FIC injectors, that little slot is cut into the injector 90 degrees (opposite) from where the slot is on the original injectors ... so the injectors cannot be 'clocked' in the right direction allowing the electrical connector to point outwards.

The way it is now, these injectors are unusable .....

Below is a couple of photos that show the problem. I have contacted ECS about this. They asked for photos which I sent. Hopefully I will hear back from them soon.

Just wondering if anyone here has had this same problem with injectors??

Old 07-03-2019, 10:31 AM
Turbo6TA
CF Senior Member

Well, I talked to Fuel Injection Connection (FIC) and East Coast Supercharging about this today.

FIC told me that the injector attachment clips are not even needed. All they do is keep the injectors from falling off the fuel rail during assembly.

The fuel rail and injectors are all held securely in place by the screws that attach the rail to the intake manifold. As long as these screws are firmly in place, the injectors are sandwiched in between and cannot come out of there bores.

So ... that problem solved
Old 07-03-2019, 02:07 PM
MTBSully
CF Senior Member

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Was about to tell you the same. Not sure why those clips are included. The o-ring always seems to keep the injectors firmly in the fuel rails.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:30 PM
Turbo6TA
CF Senior Member

Well, now I have an almost brand new (400 miles) set of LS9 (52 Lb) injectors to sell.
Old 07-03-2019, 05:42 PM
CI GS
CF Senior Member

Received 389 Likes on 329 Posts

Those clips allow you to lift the rail and pull the injectors out with the rail. As someone who’s pulled/changed injectors on a Heartbeat blower a few times before, I’m not even sure (because I’ve never tried) that it wouldn’t be easier to insert the injectors first one by one and then carefully install the rail, because the Hbeat blower manifold has a very tight indent on the side for each injector that makes it a little bit tricky to get them all in without the risk of damaging the tip, especially if you’re doing it by yourself. However, it may be more difficult to get the injectors back out of the blower manifold after they’ve been seated in there for a while. That’s when you’ll wish you had the injectors clipped onto the rail, lol.
BTW: More importantly, did you get all the data for those injectors? I hope those work out for you and that it will be easy to retune the car.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:21 PM
Turbo6TA
CF Senior Member

Sammy ...

Yup, with the Heartbeat installed, I found it was easier to set the injectors into the manifold and then install the empty fuel rail over the top of the injectors.

I didn't get any data with the injectors, but Howard Tanner recommended I use these injectors for my particular setup ... He said he had all the data and has tuned a bunch of those size FIC-Bosch injectors. There actually called "60 LB" Bosch injectors, but that 60 Lb is at 43.5 (3 Bar) fuel pressure ... FIC told be they have a max flow of 71 Lb/hr at 58 PSI fuel pressure.

I was suprised how well the car idled and ran with those 71 Lb/hr @ 58 PSI installed even though it has been tuned to run on the LS9 52 Lb/hr @ 58 PSI injectors ... Of course, I am not going to drive the car at all anymore until I drive it over to Redline Motorsports and get it re-tuned.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:16 PM
CI GS
CF Senior Member

Received 389 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA View Post
Sammy ...

Yup, with the Heartbeat installed, I found it was easier to set the injectors into the manifold and then install the empty fuel rail over the top of the injectors.

I didn't get any data with the injectors, but Howard Tanner recommended I use these injectors for my particular setup ... He said he had all the data and has tuned a bunch of those size FIC-Bosch injectors. There actually called "60 LB" Bosch injectors, but that 60 Lb is at 43.5 (3 Bar) fuel pressure ... FIC told be they have a max flow of 71 Lb/hr at 58 PSI fuel pressure.

I was suprised how well the car idled and ran with those 71 Lb/hr @ 58 PSI installed even though it has been tuned to run on the LS9 52 Lb/hr @ 58 PSI injectors ... Of course, I am not going to drive the car at all anymore until I drive it over to Redline Motorsports and get it re-tuned.
Well, then it sounds like youíre good to go. Iíve always heard nothing but good things about Howard/Redline, so youíre in good hands.
The following users liked this post:
Turbo6TA (07-03-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 06:05 PM
Redline Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA View Post
Sammy ...

See you soon!

www.redline-motorsports.net
1-954-703-5560

Follow us on FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM!!

South Florida's Leading Full Service LSX and LT Performance Center
Specializing in Late Model Performance from Street to all out performance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FIC-Bosch injectors won't fit properly in the LS9 fuel rail

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: