C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my car Supercharge! Thank you HPA

Old 07-15-2019, 08:03 PM
CRUSHAH
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sonnysucks
Crushah, Just so you know, i still see the meth pump light up (and at least prime the pump) on E85 (75% or better) on high boost and when using 93 pump gas, I see it all the time anything over 2-4psi of boost, primed and spraying. Do you have an innovate ecb-1 type gauge that keeps an eye on a/f ratio and ethanol levels? I would be weary to just run full boost on e85 without watching... never would on pump. I understand the flex fuel computer helps adjust, but I don't trust it... and on the road trip home with my car, I saw high gear boost spikes on the highway lean it out, even with Meth pumping. Just FYI. I do run large injectors and the triple fore setup.
Don't get me wrong, I just prefer not to run Meth, though I had seriously considered it for a long time.
The good thing about these set-ups is that you can mix and match equipment to reach the goals you want.

I don't have a gauge to measure ethanol levels, but the flex fuel sensor works well.
I haven't heard of anyone having any issues with one so far. I'm running 14 lbs. of boost
w/no issues.. so far. Haven't had any issues on pump gas either, though I rarely run it unless
I'm on a road trip.

The 3 fuel pumps and the 1000 injectors keep me heavy up top with fuel, even at 6500 rpms

Last edited by CRUSHAH; 07-15-2019 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:47 AM
sonnysucks
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by CRUSHAH
Don't get me wrong, I just prefer not to run Meth, though I had seriously considered it for a long time.
The good thing about these set-ups is that you can mix and match equipment to reach the goals you want.

I don't have a gauge to measure ethanol levels, but the flex fuel sensor works well.
I haven't heard of anyone having any issues with one so far. I'm running 14 lbs. of boost
w/no issues.. so far. Haven't had any issues on pump gas either, though I rarely run it unless
I'm on a road trip.

The 3 fuel pumps and the 1000 injectors keep me heavy up top with fuel, even at 6500 rpms

What wheels and tires are you running? I found that it's almost impossible to drive with anything over 5-6lbs of boost on OEM sized wheels and goodyears... looking for drag radials or a 15" wheel setup.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:06 AM
CRUSHAH
Burning Brakes

What wheels and tires are you running? I found that it's almost impossible to drive with anything over 5-6lbs of boost on OEM sized wheels and goodyears... looking for drag radials or a 15" wheel setup.
Still on the stock wheels, but I'm running Nitto 555r's out back. I'm at 840 whp on e85, so of course
it's easy to blow the tires off with big rpm clutch dumps, but I've have never had issues losing tractions
roll racing when they get heated. I've ran a lot of different DR's, but so far, these 555r's are boss!

The tires are 305's, but they do have a bit of sway, but easy to get used to. I'm planning to go wider out back in the future. I'd
like to fill up that fender-well and get a bit more rubber on the pavement.

Last edited by CRUSHAH; 07-18-2019 at 12:07 AM.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:00 PM
sonnysucks
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Sorry, new owner... so i have 19's on the back and 18's on the front... are my wheels not stock? I don't see 555r's in 19's!! it's killing me... i only really see one set of nittos and a set of Mickeys in 19's...

I have a 15" conversion, i should just find two rear 15" wheels and get 15" tires... anyone know the backspacing needed if I try to find my own 15x10 wheel?
Old 07-18-2019, 02:22 PM
CRUSHAH
Burning Brakes

Np, we were all new at one point . 18's and 19's are the stock wheel sizes. The rubber I'm
running out back are 305's, not the perfect width for the stock 19's, but you should be able to find them
in 19's. You may have to do a wider search and make some calls.

Something very similar:
https://simpletire.com/nitto-p305-35...CABEgLZq_D_BwE

You basically want that soft R race compound with little tread. I'd def run these if I can't find the 555r's. How much
rwhp?

I don't run 15's because I just don't do any track racing...as of yet. Some guys do have an extra
set of 15's for nights out roll racing, then put their stockers back on or their 20"+ aftermarket wheels.

There may be some vendors on this site who can help you, as well as some of the other folks here.

Last edited by CRUSHAH; 07-18-2019 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:45 PM
CRUSHAH
Burning Brakes

Sorry, new owner... so i have 19's on the back and 18's on the front... are my wheels not stock? I don't see 555r's in 19's!! it's killing me... i only really see one set of nittos and a set of Mickeys in 19's...

I have a 15" conversion, i should just find two rear 15" wheels and get 15" tires... anyone know the backspacing needed if I try to find my own 15x10 wheel?
I think I made a mistake regarding me having the 555r's. Car is in the shop, so can't verify, but I do know what the tread pattern looks like:

Amazon Amazon

As you can see, there's a nice "patch contact". Lot of rubber touching the road. R compound and great grip.

I will be buying a new pair of these when it's time.

Could be why you can't find the 555r's in 19's lol.

Last edited by CRUSHAH; 07-20-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally got my car Supercharge! Thank you HPA