Notices
C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Single turbo fuel system options -2005 C6

Old 07-11-2019, 09:04 AM
MTBSully
CF Senior Member

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Single turbo fuel system options -2005 C6

In the process of building a single turbo 2005 C6. The only part I am still kind of lost on is what I will be doing for a fuel system. My 2008 z06 I put a single Walbro 455 in the stock bucket and makes 635 to the tire on e85 with the only other upgrades being injectors and a flex fuel sensor. I assume a single 455 will not be enough to support the ~800whp I would like to make on this turbo car. I see that some people use an external fuel pump such as a bosch 044 or similar in addition to the stock pump or a walbro 455. Can anyone provide some details on how this is plumbed? Do you need a separate return line? I assume you drill a hole in the drivers side tank and mount a bulkhead and power the external pump via a hobbs switch?

I know fuel system is not a place to skimp on, and I am willing to spend the money on a nice fuel system if required, but it seems a lot of people have gone this route at this power level and have had good luck without having to spend a fortune. Any pictures, diagrams, pointers, parts links etc you can share will be helpful.

Also, are there differences in flex fuel wiring for 2005 cars? I thought they had a different ECM. While I have the fenders off the car it may make sense for me to wire in the flex fuel sensor while I am already here.

Thanks
Old 07-11-2019, 10:57 AM
CHR89
CF Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

For mine I run a single internal 450 that goes to a Y fitting, the other side of the Y fitting is connected to dual 044s. Both pump configurations feed into the Y with -8 lines. From the Y I feed to the front via a 10an line to a second Y, this Y is 10an in and 8an out to the back of each rail. On the front I have an 8an cross over to the boost referenced regulator that is rail mounted. My current configuration utilizes the stock feed line as a return. Both the feed for the 044s and the return line are drilled into the tank with AN bulkhead fittings. I have my 044s off of a hobbs switch now, when I ran a single 044 I just ran it all the time along with my in tank 450. If you're on facebook add me and I can send you pictures of my setup along with part numbers I used, my name is Chance Robinson and my profile location is Fort Worth, TX.

Also, you can use a flex fuel sensor on an 05 though the pins are different in size and location on the ecu jumper.

Last edited by CHR89; 07-11-2019 at 11:00 AM.
The following users liked this post:
MTBSully (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 09:01 AM
Devin VandeVelde

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pieced together my fuel system. Itís not on the car yet but I got everything I needed for like $600 or so using all name brand stuff. Only thing thatís questionable is injectors. I went with HPI injectors. They come with a lifetime warranty so I figure itís worth it. The pricing is just out of this world fantastic. We will see. Owner is kind and free shipping was fast.

MTBSully (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 10:07 AM
Shortpersonbk
CF Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

I combined 2 aem340s in the stock bucket. Works great. I am still waiting a billion years for monster to ship my clutch so i havent gotten to fully test it yet but i have made over 700 on it so far with no signs of pressure dropping. No fancy extra regulator return line ect.

For injectors the absolute best thing you can do is run the bosch210s from a proper vender (real ones). Both me and jayyyw are running them you cant beat having 210 lb injectors for $550 or so that are not knock off china injectors.

I also want to note that although i have not tried it but the cortex ebcs that me and jayyyw run can accept a flex fuel input. It already is an amazing controller for the price if you can make use of that feature also to tie into your flex fuel it may be worth purchasing.

Last edited by Shortpersonbk; 07-12-2019 at 10:17 AM.
MTBSully (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 11:18 AM
MTBSully
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Devin VandeVelde View Post
I pieced together my fuel system. Itís not on the car yet but I got everything I needed for like $600 or so using all name brand stuff. Only thing thatís questionable is injectors. I went with HPI injectors. They come with a lifetime warranty so I figure itís worth it. The pricing is just out of this world fantastic. We will see. Owner is kind and free shipping was fast.

Awesome. Any more details on the parts list and how you plan to make it all work together? I dont see a bulkhead anywhere.

Originally Posted by CHR89 View Post
For mine I run a single internal 450 that goes to a Y fitting, the other side of the Y fitting is connected to dual 044s. Both pump configurations feed into the Y with -8 lines. From the Y I feed to the front via a 10an line to a second Y, this Y is 10an in and 8an out to the back of each rail. On the front I have an 8an cross over to the boost referenced regulator that is rail mounted. My current configuration utilizes the stock feed line as a return. Both the feed for the 044s and the return line are drilled into the tank with AN bulkhead fittings. I have my 044s off of a hobbs switch now, when I ran a single 044 I just ran it all the time along with my in tank 450. If you're on facebook add me and I can send you pictures of my setup along with part numbers I used, my name is Chance Robinson and my profile location is Fort Worth, TX.

Also, you can use a flex fuel sensor on an 05 though the pins are different in size and location on the ecu jumper.
Awesome thanks, I may be hitting you up for that.

Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk View Post
I combined 2 aem340s in the stock bucket. Works great. I am still waiting a billion years for monster to ship my clutch so i havent gotten to fully test it yet but i have made over 700 on it so far with no signs of pressure dropping. No fancy extra regulator return line ect.

For injectors the absolute best thing you can do is run the bosch210s from a proper vender (real ones). Both me and jayyyw are running them you cant beat having 210 lb injectors for $550 or so that are not knock off china injectors.

I also want to note that although i have not tried it but the cortex ebcs that me and jayyyw run can accept a flex fuel input. It already is an amazing controller for the price if you can make use of that feature also to tie into your flex fuel it may be worth purchasing.
Ya i have had my eye on those bosch 210s. Any pictures or details on how you crammed two 340s in the stock bucket? Wiring straight forward enough?
Old 07-15-2019, 12:43 PM
Shortpersonbk
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by MTBSully View Post
Awesome. Any more details on the parts list and how you plan to make it all work together? I dont see a bulkhead anywhere.

Awesome thanks, I may be hitting you up for that.

Ya i have had my eye on those bosch 210s. Any pictures or details on how you crammed two 340s in the stock bucket? Wiring straight forward enough?

Totally forgot to respond wiring was very easy. Pm me for my phone number texting images is easier.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:44 PM
jayyyw
CF Senior Member

Received 308 Likes on 271 Posts

If you're going to drop the tank anyway, I would go with the Fore twin pump setup and run 2 - 525lph pumps.
Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM
MTBSully
CF Senior Member

Right now I am thinking I may pick up an AEM 380 pump, some PTFE hose and fittings, a hobbs switch, and a bulkhead and Y into the stock fuel feed. Anyone know if I need a check valve on the pump outlet side?
Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM
Shortpersonbk
CF Senior Member

Right now I am thinking I may pick up an AEM 380 pump, some PTFE hose and fittings, a hobbs switch, and a bulkhead and Y into the stock fuel feed. Anyone know if I need a check valve on the pump outlet side?
Depends on the pump. AEM will tell you on the spec sheet if it is built in or not. My internal aem 340s have built in check valves. You do need one however.

I would also consider looking into the DW400 if i remember correctly that is the cheap external pump i found that would be the best flow and price wise.

Last edited by Shortpersonbk; Yesterday at 10:10 AM.
MTBSully (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM
MTBSully
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk View Post
Depends on the pump. AEM will tell you on the spec sheet if it is built in or not. My internal aem 340s have built in check valves. You do need one however.

I would also consider looking into the DW400 if i remember correctly that is the cheap external pump i found that would be the best flow and price wise.
Good looks. Looks like the 380 comes with a -8 fitting with integral check valve.

I know DW makes a 400 internal pump but i believe their largest external pump is 350. The 380 should be a good value at around $140.

The next question is how long the stock pump will last with E85 if I run it occasionally
Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM
CHR89
CF Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Good looks. Looks like the 380 comes with a -8 fitting with integral check valve.

I know DW makes a 400 internal pump but i believe their largest external pump is 350. The 380 should be a good value at around $140.

The next question is how long the stock pump will last with E85 if I run it occasionally
No telling, Iíve seen them last years or days. I had better luck with 044s over the 380 but just my personal experience. I put my check valve up close to the rails when I ran one but ended up taking it out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Single turbo fuel system options -2005 C6

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: