C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c6 gs a&a ysi blower 2.7 pulley issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 01:33 AM
alibinyousef
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c6 gs a&a ysi blower 2.7 pulley issues

im having issues with my car with slip and belt being cut off.
questions is do the pulleys need to be more balanced cuz there being eaten up from the side.
and for the slip do i need to upgrade to a 10 rib grib and if i do will i have to change ALL the pulleys and does anyone know a place that will sell the full kit if i need too.
other question is there a way to separate the belts and have the charger and crank spin only together and the others on there own on separated belts
i really need some help this belt issue is not helping me enjoy the car. the tuner told me to bring back the pulley to 3.0 but i want all the boost that i can get.
if anyone knows a shop that i can order the full kit of a 10 rib kit with steel like belts i would really appreciate it . i got 830whp and i wanna use it
Old 02-24-2020, 10:06 AM
VVVROOMTX
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by alibinyousef
questions is do the pulleys need to be more balanced cuz there being eaten up from the side.
and for the slip do i need to upgrade to a 10 rib grib and if i do will i have to change ALL the pulleys and does anyone know a place that will sell the full kit if i need too.
other question is there a way to separate the belts and have the charger and crank spin only together and the others on there own on separated belts
i really need some help this belt issue is not helping me enjoy the car. the tuner told me to bring back the pulley to 3.0 but i want all the boost that i can get.
if anyone knows a shop that i can order the full kit of a 10 rib kit with steel like belts i would really appreciate it . i got 830whp and i wanna use it
Which lower do you have? If you are running a Ysi its going to be a good idea just to upgrade to a 10rib belt.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:39 AM
GS Corvette
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

PM sent.
Old 02-24-2020, 11:28 AM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

A@A 10 rib kit with there other kit to separate super charge belt from the others. Hands down the best kit IMO. So relax everybody. JMO
Old 02-24-2020, 06:28 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

You have an A&A kit and didn't think to go on their website to look at belt/pulley options?

https://aacorvette.com/shop/product/...-drive-system/
Old 02-25-2020, 02:09 PM
WestCyril
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

Do you have a secondary drive? I have this same setup on my car 8 rib and secondary drive and have no belt issues. Belt alignment and laser aligning the blower kit and pulleys is also a key to keeping belts happy and reducing slip.
Old 02-29-2020, 02:20 AM
romandian
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts

"is there a way to separate the belts and have the charger and crank spin only together"

i have be wondering about this for a while and now i found this:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/07...67112996444433

this would seem superior to anything i have seen so far, the wp doenst take the load of the blower belt. any thoughts? (is this not possible with an intercooled system?)

edit: the left tensioner pulley seems to be missing on the picture.

Last edited by romandian; 03-01-2020 at 04:13 AM.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:47 AM
chevyguy3
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by romandian
"is there a way to separate the belts and have the charger and crank spin only together"

i have be wondering about this for a while and now i found this:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/07...67112996444433

this would seem superior to anything i have seen so far, the wp doenst take the load of the blower belt. any thoughts? (is this not possible with an intercooled system?)
​​​​​

That setup is just for swaps where people use Corvette accessory setups. Blower is facing backwards and spaced out in a way that won’t fit in a C6, and they have a pulley bolted to the front of the damper where our steering racks sit.

Last edited by chevyguy3; 02-29-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To c6 gs a&a ysi blower 2.7 pulley issues

Quick Reply: c6 gs a&a ysi blower 2.7 pulley issues