Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

Updated List For Caliper Exchange

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 08:31 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated List For Caliper Exchange

**************UPDATE 2/13/13*****************

My phone numbers are changing. My toll free number will still be 888-644-7221, which will ring to my cell phone, which is 678-357-5844. The landline, 678-957-6202 will be taken off line after a month or so transition period.

So, my contact numbers are

678-357-5844 and 888-644-7221. Both ring to the same phone.

I think this will be a more appropriate section for the waiting list.

I will have 3 exchange sets in the next week or 2. The current price is $250, with a $300 core charge.

edit, 5/4/06 I am going to institute a couple of new policies. I think I have lost a 2nd set of C5 calipers now to someone deciding the core charge, with shipping subtracted was an inexpensive way to buy a set of brakes.

Shipping will now be a flat rate $30 and paid up front instead of subtracting from the core refund. Some shipments are a little less, some are a little more, but this will keep it tidy.

If the cores shipped and a tracking number provided after 10 days, I will deduct $50 per day from the core charge.

If your car is in the shop or paint or anything like that when your name comes up, let me know, and as soon as you are ready, you will be next in line. If you aren't ready, don't let me send them to you.

So, it will now be $580 up front, with a full $300 refund when I get your brakes, assuming they are sent back on time. If some extraordinary circumstance pops up after you order, just let me know and I will work with you. I'm not doing the penalty to make extra money, but to keep the list moving.

If you want off the list because of the changes, just let me know.

Thanks for everyones patience.

Last edited by corvette pilot; 02-13-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:43 PM
ttomczak
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Thanks for the update, looks like I am getting closer...
Old 01-16-2006, 05:04 PM
The Garage Master
Le Mans Master

I did the WCC think (Sorry) but will you do just the brackets?
Old 01-16-2006, 05:07 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Triple Black C6
I did the WCC think (Sorry) but will you do just the brackets?
no worries. Yes I can do the brackets only for $50 plus shipping. Can you do it without exchange?
Old 01-18-2006, 05:13 PM
Rudy525
Racer

Calipers came in today and they look fantastic, great work. Still waiting on rotors, will send my calipers to you ASAP.

Thanks again for the great work.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:43 PM
ttomczak
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Any other updates??? I seem to be close enough to get ready to make an appt for the switch out...
Old 01-18-2006, 07:46 PM
The Garage Master
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by corvette pilot
no worries. Yes I can do the brackets only for $50 plus shipping. Can you do it without exchange?
What do you mean without exchange, do you need mine first?
Old 01-18-2006, 08:09 PM
running man
Advanced

Default Questions

I just found this post, and I have been looking for some where to get these. Was almost ready to order from WCC and pay a lot more. I want to make sure I understand how this works. I order the calipers from you, pay you $400, and you paint them my color and ship them to me. I replace my the ones on my car and send my old ones to you and then you give me $200 back. Is that right. I'm scheduling with my tuner now to have work done and would have them replace the calipers so I would need to know what the time frame is now on the current list. If I have this right, I know this is what I want to do.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:26 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Triple Black C6
What do you mean without exchange, do you need mine first?
yes, otherwise I will put you on the list and get to you when brackets are available. I will have 4 sets of brackets with only 3 sets of brakes, so it shouldn't be a problem, just lining up when I have the spares. Which brakes do you have and do you want on the list?
Old 01-18-2006, 08:28 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by running man
I just found this post, and I have been looking for some where to get these. Was almost ready to order from WCC and pay a lot more. I want to make sure I understand how this works. I order the calipers from you, pay you $400, and you paint them my color and ship them to me. I replace my the ones on my car and send my old ones to you and then you give me $200 back. Is that right. I'm scheduling with my tuner now to have work done and would have them replace the calipers so I would need to know what the time frame is now on the current list. If I have this right, I know this is what I want to do.
yes, that is the procedure, except that I deduct the actual shipping charges from your $200 refund. With the number of people on the list though, it will be a couple of months til I would get to you. If you can have your tuner take yours off and ship them to me (in Atlanta if you want to figure out time and shipping costs), I can get them shipped back the next day.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:31 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ttomczak
Any other updates??? I seem to be close enough to get ready to make an appt for the switch out...
I'm out of town this week. I am anticipating having the next set ready to go next week some time, and then you will be up whenever Rudy525 or SebaC6 get me theirs back.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:44 PM
DJ-LO
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to get on the list if possible!! I have Z51 and would like both calipers & brackets powdercoated. Can you do black with red lettering? If not, no big deal! Ever thought of gettting a CORVETTE-styled stencil so the back rotors can somewhat imitate the fronts? Just asking? ;o)
Old 01-20-2006, 03:41 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DJ-LO
I'd like to get on the list if possible!! I have Z51 and would like both calipers & brackets powdercoated. Can you do black with red lettering? If not, no big deal! Ever thought of gettting a CORVETTE-styled stencil so the back rotors can somewhat imitate the fronts? Just asking? ;o)
you are on the list.
Yes, I can do black with red.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:41 PM
rippedoff
Heel & Toe

if i send you mine (z51 w/ brackets) -no exchange- what is the wait time? let me know thanks
Old 01-20-2006, 07:18 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rippedoff
if i send you mine (z51 w/ brackets) -no exchange- what is the wait time? let me know thanks
transit times both ways, plus 1-4 days here. I do my best to get them out in 1-2, but I've been much busier since becoming a forum vendor! I do give priority to cars that are down while awaiting my service.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:35 PM
excess
Instructor

Can't wait to get my set.

I ordered a set of wheels that should be here not this coming week but the next, how long do you think itll be before I receive mine???
Old 01-21-2006, 08:38 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by excess
Can't wait to get my set.

I ordered a set of wheels that should be here not this coming week but the next, how long do you think itll be before I receive mine???
Just sent you a pm last nite. I need your specifics again, Z51 or not, and what color. You should be up by the end of the coming week.

Get notified of new replies

To Updated List For Caliper Exchange

Old 01-23-2006, 12:34 PM
SlickC6
Advanced

Does anybody know what it should cost to have the old calipers taken off and the exchange set put on. I checked with a local shop and they quoted $200, two hours labor at $1oo per hour.
Is this reasonable??
Old 01-23-2006, 01:05 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

It takes me 2-2.5 hours in my garage to swap out a set, so the 2 hours is a reasonable quote. I can't speak for the labor rate, but it sounds about right.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:00 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ttomczak
Any updates, your list still shows one guy as having the calipers for almost 2 weeks??

1/12 and now its 1/23...
I sent them on the 12th. Gotta figure a few days transit each way, but no, he hasn't updated on when he is sending them back. Rudy525 is planning on sending his back to me on monday or tuesday.

Quick Reply: Updated List For Caliper Exchange