Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

F/S Complete Z51 suspension package

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Blue Bomber
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S Complete Z51 suspension package

**SOLD**

Complete Z51 suspension package from a 2007 Coupe. This includes the leaf springs, shocks, & sway bars. This kit will markedly improve the handling of a stock Coupe. $500/shipped. PM w/inquiries.

Last edited by Blue Bomber; 12-08-2007 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Blue Bomber
Intermediate

Bump
Old 12-05-2007, 07:39 PM
rlee
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

How difficult to install on basic vette and is everything included? If so, I have interest. Thanks
Old 12-05-2007, 08:52 PM
corviette
Racer

yes same question as the top guy, i am interested as well
Old 12-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Blue Bomber
Intermediate

Installation is pretty basic & easy for the shocks & sways. Just unbolt the old & install the new. The front leaf spring is the only tricky part. The key is unbolting the front brake calipers & letting them sag/pulling them back towards the rear out of the way. Along with unbolting the top A-arm bolts, this allows you to fully rotate down the A-arm, enabling insertion of the leaf spring & lowering bolt. It takes a little coaxing, but is not that hard. A competent DIYer would probably have a total install time of something like 6-7 hours maybe. I did my coilover conversion in about 7, but that included dialing in ride height, which I had to tinker with for awhile before I was satisfied. Ride height is much easier to adjust with the leaves & lowering bolts, in my opinion. Everything associated with this job can be accomplished with a decent socket set, a jack, & a pair of jack stands. A lift is nice, but completely unnecessary.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Blue Bomber
Intermediate

**sold**
Old 12-12-2007, 01:16 PM
ElectricGP
Advanced

Default ElectricGp

My question/comment refers to your Coil Overs. Which ones did you get and did you have to have a professonal alignment done?

Gp
Old 12-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Blue Bomber
Intermediate

I got the Callaway/Eibach Multi-pro coilovers through Bowmanized (a supporting vendor of this site.) You can find info on these coilovers either on some of the Bowmanized posts on this site or at the following website: http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe...92233000016564. As they come, these coilovers are intended to be used in conjunction with the stock leaf springs. I ordered some new springs, also through Bowmanized, to convert to total coilovers, deleting the leaf springs. I installed these DIY &, as yet, haven't had an alignment done. As long as you put the spacers on the top A-arm bolts back in the configuration they originally come with, an alignment is probably not necessary just with a conversion to these coilovers. If you are intending to track the car or do a full coilover conversion, an alignment & camber adjustment may benefit you with some better lap times & better tire wear. If you have any additional questions, Mike @ Bowmanized is immensely helpful. PM Bowmanized for the most personalized service/suspension consultation around. He can also get you just about any sway bars you could want & will provide a custom spring rate setup, based on your sway bars, should you wish to convert to full coilovers.

Get notified of new replies

To F/S Complete Z51 suspension package

Quick Reply: F/S Complete Z51 suspension package