Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

F/S touchscreen stereo w/nav and bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 08:50 AM
Prodago
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default F/S touchscreen stereo w/nav and bluetooth

Want a stereo that does it all? This is a direct bolt on without the need for brackets. Literally you just remove your stock and bolt this into place! Plays mp3's, dvd's etc.. has input for ipod and even a camera! I was going to install the camera under the front bumper to keep me from curbs but never had time. One of the things that I liked about this unit is that I never missed a call. I would always get off my bike or out of the vette after riding with the top off and the stereo on loud to hear over the wind noise and have missed calls. But this stereo will interrupt the song/dvd and will ring via your speakers and you can either talk using the speakers and mic or touch the screen and transfer to your handset (which is what I usually did because of the wind). Also included is the adapter that allows you to use any aftermarket stereo with the bose system, I think they're around $200. As well as the cabling for the ipod and backup camera and the SNAV-1 navigation module that sell's for $500.I've included that link as well. Here's a link that shows the tabs where it bolts up without brackets. This link gives more specs also. $700, that includes shipping unless it's more than $50. Thanks for looking. Will go on Ebay but wanted to give you guys first crack at it. The unit new goes for $1300 plus the add ons another $700 for a total of $2000. There are now scratches on face either.
John
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-445eHg8...spx?i=061SNAV1
http://www.al-eds.com/product.php?pr...FQyfnAodc2vKjw

Last edited by Prodago; 08-26-2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: info
Old 08-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Wicked C5
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04

Originally Posted by Prodago
Want a stereo that does it all? This is a direct bolt on without the need for brackets. Literally you just remove your stock and bolt this into place! Plays mp3's, dvd's etc.. has input for ipod and even a camera! I was going to install the camera under the front bumper to keep me from curbs but never had time. One of the things that I liked about this unit is that I never missed a call. I would always get off my bike or out of the vette after riding with the top off and the stereo on loud to hear over the wind noise and have missed calls. But this stereo will interrupt the song/dvd and will ring via your speakers and you can either talk using the speakers and mic or touch the screen and transfer to your handset (which is what I usually did because of the wind). Also included is the adapter that allows you to use any aftermarket stereo with the bose system, I think they're around $200. As well as the cabling for the ipod and backup camera and the SNAV-1 navigation module that sell's for $500.I've included that link as well. Here's a link that shows the tabs where it bolts up without brackets. This link gives more specs also. $700 and thanks for looking. Will go on Ebay but wanted to give you guys first crack at it. The unit new goes for $1300 plus the add ons another $700 for a total of $2000. There are now scratches on face either.
John
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-445eHg8...spx?i=061SNAV1
http://www.al-eds.com/product.php?pr...FQyfnAodc2vKjw

So are you asking $700.00 shipped?
Old 08-26-2008, 01:32 PM
tlcj
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Could you give me a few details about the interface module. Is it the GMCO which can be used for bose and non bose systems? I do not have a bose system in my 2007. If you could give us a few more details about this, it might help us determine if additional parts are required.
Did you have this unit installed for very long. How did you like the nav system?

Last edited by tlcj; 08-26-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Prodago
Burning Brakes

Default Sorry guys

Guys, Man I'm so sorry for not replying sooner. Even though I subscribe, somehow your comments aren't making it to my email. I had it for about 6 months. It has so many features I never took the time to learn them all. It does come with the bose adapter that will allow you to either use it with an amp or with its own power at 60w X 4. So to tlcj, no, you do not need anything else to make it work. The adapter will bypass the stock bose amp. No shipping costs unless it's over $50 Sorry for not adding that in initial ad

thanks

Last edited by Prodago; 08-26-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:30 PM
RanGer498
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why you selling ?
Old 08-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Prodago
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RanGer498
why you selling ?
Bought headers Bought a stereo from this forum to replace the touchscreen.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:25 AM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23

??? So this stereo causes battery drain after 3 days ???

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1566865643
Old 08-27-2008, 09:27 AM
tlcj
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Let me try again. Can you give me the manufacturer and part number of the interface module. All C6 corvettes, bose or not, will need an adapter to deal with the warning bells for the DIC. Peripheral makes the GMOC at $99. Another manufacturer makes the GMOS-04 and the GMAHCM. Did you not like the touch screen? I guess like others I am just wondering why you replaced the touchscreen. Thanks
Old 08-27-2008, 10:56 AM
tag06
Advanced

Excuse me but this looks a little fishy to me.
Your previous post says that your dealer put the cause of your battery drain on this radio. When you were asked why you are selling it you say because you bought headers and bought a radio on the forum to replace the touch screen. What does that mean?

Did this radio cause the battery drain and is that why you are selling it?
Old 08-27-2008, 11:10 AM
beefcake
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by tag06
Excuse me but this looks a little fishy to me.
Your previous post says that your dealer put the cause of your battery drain on this radio. When you were asked why you are selling it you say because you bought headers and bought a radio on the forum to replace the touch screen. What does that mean?

Did this radio cause the battery drain and is that why you are selling it?
i'm with you
Old 08-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Safe Guy
Racer

Maybe it was the INSTALLATION of the non OEM radio that caused the DBS!?!
Old 08-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Prodago
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tlcj
Let me try again. Can you give me the manufacturer and part number of the interface module. All C6 corvettes, bose or not, will need an adapter to deal with the warning bells for the DIC. Peripheral makes the GMOC at $99. Another manufacturer makes the GMOS-04 and the GMAHCM. Did you not like the touch screen? I guess like others I am just wondering why you replaced the touchscreen. Thanks
First of all I took it to a Stereo install place not back to the dealer and it turned out not to be the stereo, but the passenger seat module. The dealer probably made a quick call when he saw aftermarket stereo. I just unplugged the harness and voila DBS solved! TLCP, Sorry I wasn't specific enough, I was just repeating what the install guy told me. He said that you absolutely have to have "one of these" refering to the adapter to make ANY aftermarket stereo work. It's blue and about 2"x3"x1", however I'm at work now, but when I get home I'll get you the specific manufacturer and the model number. The touchscreen came with the car, I bought a stock single basic cd player from a guy off this forum about 8 months back or so but never installed. Got tired of the touchscreen, and since I never used any of the gadgets ie bluetooth, dvd player, nav system. All I want is sound. I just bought headers like last week and I figured since I didn't need all the bells and whistles from the touchscreen, AND I already had a cd player waiting in the wings I figured I could recoup some money to help pay for headers. I won't make another redundant post to quote someone else but this is to the doubtful people. I have spoken to Mark ie horsepower junkie and expained this to him. I even gave him the name and email of the stereo's technician on their OEM site AND was going to throw in some stock tips for free (guess that won't be happening huh Mark? His name is Barry Brandt, bbrandt@priorityaudio.com. Call him regarding this stereo 407-834-3330 8:30am - 5:30pm EST. He stands behind his product and will replace if necessary. but to answer the question is this the stereo that drains the battery.....NO. Like I stated before, I took it to a stereo installation store and he found the problem and it wasn't the stereo.
Guys I apologize if I've confused anyone. I've bought more than I've sold on this forum. I thought if I provided the sites you could get the specs from them. and about the adapter....yes....you HAVE to have one. The stereo install guy told me they were around $200 so that's what I quoted in my ad. It's a helluva buy. pretty much has a warranty with it, but whatever. I'll put it on the shelf.

Last edited by Prodago; 08-28-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:50 PM
Prodago
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NYC6
Had to do some Columbo work to find out you have an 05. Im doubting its your stereo upgrade thats causing the problem. I have a stereo upgrade as well. There are two JL amps in the back. A 450watt and a 300watt. They were installed over a year ago. The car is a 06 and still on the origional battery. The car is a weekend car and can sometimes sit for a couple of weeks without running or a charge. I also put a good draw on the battery because I likes my tunes LOUD! I think the dealer is trying to pin the usual 05 DBS on the stereo to pass the buck. I would not let them the blame where it probiblly doesnt belong.
This is from my other post
Old 08-31-2008, 01:56 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Old 08-31-2008, 01:58 PM
Prodago
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tlcj
Sorry for the delay, we're about to get pounded by a hurricane. It an Axxess model # GMOS-04 adapter. As far as why I replaced it. I'm not sure if I've covered this before but to make a long story short. I didn't care for the look. I like stock look better and I bought one from this forum and had it for awhile and since I just bought headers, I figured I would make the swap since the aftermarket is valuable and I already had a stock one to replace it with. I could justify to wife about applying the money from stereo sale to headers.
thanks
John

Get notified of new replies

To F/S touchscreen stereo w/nav and bluetooth

Quick Reply: F/S touchscreen stereo w/nav and bluetooth