Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

Need help concerning roof problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 01:34 PM
RHFD122
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Need help concerning roof problem

I am the original owner of a 2006 Vette. My dark OEM tint plexiglass roof over the winter began to have spider cracks only on the drivers side. Has anyone else had this problem? The passenger side has no cracking at all.

If so you had the same problem, what did you do to fix it?

Is this plexiglass roof replacement covered under the extended original GM warranty? I have a 6 year extended warranty coverage and my Vette this past week had its 5th birthday.

Any and all feed back will be most appreciated.

Thank You
Old 02-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Henry S Lister
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Roofs

Originally Posted by RHFD122
I am the original owner of a 2006 Vette. My dark OEM tint plexiglass roof over the winter began to have spider cracks only on the drivers side. Has anyone else had this problem? The passenger side has no cracking at all.

Is this plexiglass roof replacement covered under the extended original GM warranty? I have a 6 year extended warranty coverage and my Vette this past week had its 5th birthday.

Thank You
Sir, there was a recall from GM, That the roofs were comming loose from the frames. Nothing like this, It sounds like the roof was in bind on that side. I will get back with you with GM Direct phone no. Hank
Old 02-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Henry S Lister
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roof Problem

Thank You
Sir, GM 1-800-222-1020 A person that can help you. 1-866-790-5700 EXT.22797 good luck ( Hank )
Old 02-27-2011, 06:41 PM
gunterwalker
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seen this many times. When the clear roof gets older its does get those spider web cracks. Mine has a few. GM won't do anything about this. You will have to buy a new roof if you really want it fixed.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Salty Dawg
Salty Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

I had this problem and GM covered it under warranty.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:01 PM
gunterwalker
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Salty Dawg
I had this problem and GM covered it under warranty.
I guess I should've said GM wouldn't cover it for a 06. If the 3/36k is still good I'm sure they would take care of it.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:51 PM
1 slow 97
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by gunterwalker
Seen this many times. When the clear roof gets older its does get those spider web cracks. Mine has a few. GM won't do anything about this. You will have to buy a new roof if you really want it fixed.

my c5 transparent top did it and my c6 transparent top is doing the same thing. if you are out of warranty, you are stuck. if you have a good relationship with your dealer you may see if they will cover it under warranty if still under that.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:28 AM
C6-LS2-MN6
Burning Brakes

Received 125 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by gunterwalker
I guess I should've said GM wouldn't cover it for a 06. If the 3/36k is still good I'm sure they would take care of it.
Ummm, what about finding a friend that still has a vette under warranty and switching the two tops! Just kidding, it'd work, but it wouldn't be right.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:27 PM
skeetvette
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default top

Thank You
i'm pretty sure your dealer will have it replaced ,just let him look at it and do no talking
Old 02-28-2011, 12:29 PM
skeetvette
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Top

Originally Posted by c6-ls2-mn6
ummm, what about finding a friend that still has a vette under warranty and switching the two tops! Just kidding, it'd work, but it wouldn't be right.
fraud is a dangerous thing

Get notified of new replies

To Need help concerning roof problem

Quick Reply: Need help concerning roof problem