Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

Cure for the Common Curb...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 06:00 PM
Pittcorvette
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

What is the difference between the mini curb and the curb system?

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
Introducing the "Cure for the Common Curb". Front end damage when parking is a very real problem for many cars on the road today, especially for vehicles who have installed ground effects or aerodynamic profile improvements on their vehicles. Curbs are something that are one of those road hazards that do more damage to sports cars than any other hazard on the road.

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however,
Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The
Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

The Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb. Do not take a chance, get the Curb Alert to prevent curb damage.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates
) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

Installation Instructions (we are the only ones offering Custom Install packages and videos to install on the C5, C6 and Camaro) and videos are at the link below

We have the
Curb Alert in stock for 159.99 with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Mini Curb Alert

Thanks,

David
Old 07-05-2016, 05:05 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by Pittcorvette
What is the difference between the mini curb and the curb system?
The Mini is the standard version these days, it just refers to the same tech from the old "Curb Alert Pro" but in a smaller box.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:14 PM
rcharrison1
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Installed my curb alert several months ago. Detects curb about 30" away. Would like to detect about 12-20". Tried calibrating by pushing the red button on control module when obstruction was about 18" away, but won't recalibrate. Only thing I can think of is to disconnect the power source, then reconnect and try calibration again. Is there something I have missed trying to calibrate.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:54 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by rcharrison1
Installed my curb alert several months ago. Detects curb about 30" away. Would like to detect about 12-20". Tried calibrating by pushing the red button on control module when obstruction was about 18" away, but won't recalibrate. Only thing I can think of is to disconnect the power source, then reconnect and try calibration again. Is there something I have missed trying to calibrate.
Disconnecting and reconnecting will allow you to recalibrate. If it would help to have some troubleshooting guidance, feel free to call us at 888-631-1433.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:09 AM
rcharrison1
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks very much for your offer to troubleshoot. Will try disconnecting and reconnecting first and hopefully that will work.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:54 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by rcharrison1
Thanks very much for your offer to troubleshoot. Will try disconnecting and reconnecting first and hopefully that will work.
Old 01-02-2020, 01:10 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Introducing the "Cure for the Common Curb". Front end damage when parking is a very real problem for many cars on the road today, especially for vehicles who have installed ground effects or aerodynamic profile improvements on their vehicles. Curbs are something that are one of those road hazards that do more damage to sports cars than any other hazard on the road.

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however, Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

The Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb. Do not take a chance, get the Curb Alert to prevent curb damage.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates ) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

Installation Instructions (we are the only ones offering Custom Install packages and videos to install on the C5, C6 and Camaro) and videos are at the link below

We have the Curb Alert in stock for 159.99 with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Mini Curb Alert

Thanks,

David
Old 02-03-2020, 09:58 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Order yours right here at southerncarparts.com
Old 02-03-2020, 11:35 AM
TomG3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my curb alert but have found it doesn't work as well if things are wet outside. Also, heated seats stopped working after I installed the connection???

Tom
Old 03-03-2020, 10:49 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however, Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates ) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

We have the Curb Alert in stock for 159.99 with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Mini Curb Alert

Thanks,

David
Old 12-07-2020, 08:54 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Old 01-13-2021, 10:48 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Order yours today

Quick Reply: Cure for the Common Curb...