Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

---RELEASE---- LG Motorsports SuperRam LS3/LS7

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 05:33 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Default ---RELEASE---- LG Motorsports SuperRam LS3/LS7

Hey guys,

Finally the LG Motorsports Super Ram cold air induction is in production and will be arriving here at the shop in roughly 2 weeks! We have been testing and perfecting this setup over the last year and ready to ship to our customers!

Notice the separation of the intake air from the radiator air. This separation is not present in other cold air systems and this makes this a true Ram Air, not pulling hot air from the radiator.

Only cold air from the front enters the Super Ram, and through a panel filter then to the engine with about 14 inches of water pressure*. -Tested during the 2010-2011 GrandAM season.

The entire unit is carbon fiber and is a 100% replacement for your OEM radiator shroud. Retains all factory hold downs and also oil cooler mounting locations. Air bridge/filter assembly is also 100% carbon fiber and retains the OEM MAF sensor.

DESIGN

**The Green lid gets replaced with the air intake to the engine.**

MSRP $1895.95
Old 10-20-2012, 02:41 AM
newschool
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a nice setup right there.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:12 AM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

So any HP or tq gains? What the weight saving over the stock setup or say a halltech set up?

Is it really 1900.00?
Old 10-20-2012, 10:29 AM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Supercharger 125+/- HP. 6500.00

Intake 15 +/- HP 1900.00

Hum

Please don't get me wrong I have LG coil overs and love them.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:51 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Its a very complicated piece, and even more complicated to build. Definitely not for everyone, but for those that cant run superchargers, they see the benefit!

The real data is 101 KPA manifold pressure at 100 mph!
Old 10-20-2012, 05:54 PM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Its a very complicated piece, and even more complicated to build. Definitely not for everyone, but for those that cant run superchargers, they see the benefit!

The real data is 101 KPA manifold pressure at 100 mph!
So how many HP gain is that?
Old 10-20-2012, 09:51 PM
matt_lowry123
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

You get what you pay for guys!!! If you want the best, it's going to cost you.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:41 AM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Unlike the other cold air systems on the market this is a bit more complex to make than a bridge and a cover plate with a filter on it.

We are replacing the entire radiator cover as well so that you have a forced air scoop to the front of the car. This will eliminate any chance of an air leak causing front end lift at speed.

Because of the complex shape, and multiple pieces this can not be compared to a normal plastic bridge piece. We did look at other materials but to keep the shape of the radiator box at speed, it would be to thick and heavy using other materials.

In some form or fashion we have been running this same intake system on the race cars since 2004, we went to what you see here on the GrandAm car in 2010 and we do have a lot of data from that car, just need to pull that so it would be easier to read from the tracks.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:57 AM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by matt_lowry123
You get what you pay for guys!!! If you want the best, it's going to cost you.
but what are we getting for this cost? still no hp or tq #'s.

It looks beutiful and I am sure it is very well made but are those the only advantages over stock?
Old 10-22-2012, 06:58 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

So far the testing has been done on race cars at speed.

I'll have to ask Lou before I can post the GrandAm dyno numbers. The silver car you see there was in the process of a cam swap when we did the install but it was putting down 588 rwhp, but that was final numbers (customer did the install).

When production units are here, I'll have full testing done on an almost stock car so everyone can see. From what we saw on the GA car is that we picked up power on the dyno, but what was amazing was the fact that it was actually pressurizing the air box at speed.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:08 PM
firefighter813x
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dragracer_art
and most vette owners never see north of 55mph.
hahahahaha!

$1900 is steep but it's a badas* looking intake. Anything carbon fiber is cool in my book.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:19 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jbomx363

But avoiding what the benefits are is another thing.

I'm assuming this is for the all out racers, not the casual bolt on Vette owners. Well the ones that aren't seeping cash outta their skins.

It isn't for everyone, that much I am sure of.

Your missing the biggest benefit of the entire system. It is a forced ram air system. Unlike the other systems this separates the air coming into the grill work of the car and gives you a 100% sealed ram air, not only the engine, but the radiator as well. By doing this, you don't have any air being pulled off of a hot radiator, your not loosing the high pressure air going into the radiator loosing cooling effectiveness, nor do do you have any air leaks causing front end lift at speed.

Benefits...
  1. 100% sealed forced air into the engine
  2. 100% sealed forced air for the radiator
  3. HUGE air plenum
  4. light weight and strong carbon construction
Old 10-22-2012, 07:46 PM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
It isn't for everyone, that much I am sure of.

Your missing the biggest benefit of the entire system. It is a forced ram air system. Unlike the other systems this separates the air coming into the grill work of the car and gives you a 100% sealed ram air, not only the engine, but the radiator as well. By doing this, you don't have any air being pulled off of a hot radiator, your not loosing the high pressure air going into the radiator loosing cooling effectiveness, nor do do you have any air leaks causing front end lift at speed.

Benefits...
  1. 100% sealed forced air into the engine
  2. 100% sealed forced air for the radiator
  3. HUGE air plenum
  4. light weight and strong carbon construction
so is this more of an areodynamic mod? helping with front end lift? Again it looks beautiful.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:10 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by ptroxx
so is this more of an areodynamic mod? helping with front end lift? Again it looks beautiful.

Yeah 2000.00 aerodynamic mod....
There is no lift unless it can lift the engine because any air that goes in the inlet is forced into the engine not used lifting the car. In fact, it would reduce lift because it would reduce the air that would end up under the hood and be rammed into the engine instead.

This is a two part intake with a panel filter.

Even on a drag race, where the intake would normally take in hot radiator air, this unit will keep the IAT temp down to ambient air temp, not rad air temp. Almost all of the other cold air units are only cold air after the car is moving. Ours brings in cold air even from a standing start.
Then at speed, there is a direct frontal air intake that will see air coming in at road speed which you know even if you put your hand out the window, you know what happens at 80-90mph, then you can know what the ram air will feel like at the end of the 1/4 mile at 125-140.
I would guarantee a better 60' time and better 330' time because it would not have hot radiator air while standing still.

I will guarantee an increase for any drag racers. There will be a significant before and after on a drag strip.

This unit needs the radiator and shroud removed to install. So this is a mod that can happen easier when you do a cam or heads or other major mod. Or if you just want to remove the radiator or replace the radiator.

The Auto cad drawing is also an early drawing that does not show the new upper clam shell which has a huge plenum added.

RAIN:: We race in the rain all the time with no problems. We DON"T drive underwater with any intake, even stock and expect to not hydrolock.
Our design incorporates a sharp turn before the filter then it has a huge plenum that holds approximately 2 gallons (I will check for sure) Again, unless you sink the nose of the car in a 3 foot puddle you won't have to worry about hydro locking.

Standing still, at a dyno it will also see a power increase. But it won't be reverent unless you close the Hood while doing the base line. That is how a Corvette runs on the street and it has more hot air than any of you would like to know.

We will get some numbers on IAT as well as power difference with the hood closed. OBviously we can not show you the Chassis dyne numbers at high vehicle speeds.

There is another brand carbon fiber ram air that costs per $1200 but doesn't include the radiator shroud and it does nothing for any ram effect.

Hope this helps.

We only have 10 in stock. I might be inclined to give a $100 discount to Forum members for direct sales not through our dealers but only on the ones in stock.

Let us know.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti

LGM

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 10-23-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:27 AM
firefighter813x
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's like a Calloway Honker and Vararam put together with full carbon
Old 10-23-2012, 01:34 AM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by ptroxx
You went thru all this but still havent addressed the HP gain.... I didnt ask you anything about what you posted... I asked about HP
There must be a reason why you wont answer the question...
This unit also look just like the one from 2009 that you were going to get 857.00 now you want 1200.00 more and still wont give HP gains..
I dont get it.. You guarantee an increase for any drag racer but you wont give HP #ers...

Why would I give you 2000.00 for something you wont answer a HP gain question..

Oh well maybe someone else wil just give you 2k .. Good luck...
Seems like a waste of good money that could be put towards more HP..
Well it is three sets of tooling changes later and the earlier one came from a canadian company that went out of business.

Did you read the part where we have not tried the new part back to back yet?

There are some things that we just know from experience (like 14" of Water pressure on the manometer) that we know will produce HP. Or Like a wing, we know it will produce Down force. It is just a matter of degree. I know, There is No HP in a wing but you do go faster for sure.

Like Anthony said, it is not for everyone. Normally aspirated cars for sure, but not for everyone.

This is for the guy who already has hp but now needs to finalize the package to maximize his power or even just the looks but there is a need.

A set of wheels is a waste of good money IF and only IF you don't appreciate good looking and lighter wheels.
A Corvette is a waste of Good money if you don't appreciate Corvettes..

Maybe we will only sell them to people with "Bad Money" since you don't want to waste "good Money" on this.

Hey, which wheels do you have on your car. I will let you know my opinion if you wasted "Good Money" on them

Thanks
Lou G

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 10-23-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:51 AM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

CCW's. Not all wings produce down force do they? Airplanes?

Lol sorry.

Get notified of new replies

To ---RELEASE---- LG Motorsports SuperRam LS3/LS7

Old 10-23-2012, 02:06 AM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

Default Well

I would Just think about it like this compare a stage 2 package on a z06 lets take for example intake catback and tune 25hp 30hp to wheels. Take a intake and cut that more than half or lets say 10 12 to wheels. Now a smart person would want the more guaranteed horsepower, this would be basically for looks and horsepower but def not that much. 2000 is kinda steep but hey its called capitalism. But again I promised myself after years of buying there products 7k worth on my lt1 and drove there to get a quote on just 1.6 rockers install at 2200 hundred dollars and basically was told its ls series motors they work on they don't work on lt motors anymore, well technically they do but at a high rate. Sure scared me off I was very disappointed but hey its business I guess. But everyone can have an opinion. ( No offense to anyone I am just simply stating an opinion.) You will always find better deals on products may not be top notch but hey there always somebody faster out there correct to.

Last edited by RamAir972003; 10-23-2012 at 02:09 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:41 AM
LG Motorsports

Let me tell you what we did to test this product. We did a before and after at the race track. The results with the Super Ram showed a 3 mph increase at the end of the straight. We were 159 before and 162 after installing the part.

In addition, we installed a manometer on the intake behind the filter to measure any pressure and it showed 14" of water which is significant. (i think it was mis-stated before as 28") but that too is a very positive indicator that backed up the MPH gain.

In Racing, either Road Racing or Drag Racing all that matters is that we go faster.

Once we validated the performance gain for this part there was no racer who would give up 3 mph at the end of the straitaway until we got a Chassis dyno number.

Stationary hp is meaningless on a product that relys on the ram effect for the performance gains. Tell a "pro Stock" drag racer that he has to run without his Ram air Hood and see what they say.

This was how we validated the performance of this product. I am not sure that seeing a chassis dyno number on a stationary car would add anything to the equation.

Sorry for the few that need something more than this but being America, for now at least you can choose what you want to buy for your cars.

I hope this test info gives you you the information that you need.

It is what it is. And like I said, the first 10- the price for Corvette forum members will be $1795. Yes, money buys speed.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti

Here is a good explaination I found for those of you who are interested:

A ram-air intake is any intake design which uses the dynamic air pressure created by vehicle motion to increase the static air pressure inside of the intake manifold on an engine, thus allowing a greater massflow through the engine and hence increasing engine power.

The ram air intake works by reducing the intake air velocity by increasing the cross sectional area of the intake ducting. When gas velocity goes down the dynamic pressure is reduced while the static pressure is increased. The increased static pressure in the plenum chamber has a positive effect on engine power, both because of the pressure itself and the increased air density this higher pressure gives.

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 10-23-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:41 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

I finally have some better pictures for you of the unit outside of the car so this might explain things a bit better.

Details on our site HERE

Quick Reply: ---RELEASE---- LG Motorsports SuperRam LS3/LS7