Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

WTB Your Low Mile Used LS7 Longblock

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 08:04 PM
1BDRSK
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 12BVETTEOWNER
I actually am correcting my own above post....i called them 5 mins ago and spoke with a gentleman named Tom he indicated that the sale price of 10,500 already included the $1200 core charge and aslong as my block isnt crackes or have a hole punched through it by a rod that it is considered acceptable...so in fact the longblock can be had as cheap as $9300...so yah brand new longblock ls7 with 3 yr/36 mile warranty sounds pretty damn good....so with that info what would the nay sayers that posted here consider a good price for a used longblock??? $5k??? i think im bang on the money with my $5k considering its used and theirs always an "unknown/unforseen" chance your taking with used...AND used comes with NO warranty either... this comes with a full 3yr/36k warranty...!!! so ill just restate my original post.....looking for non modified stock ls7 used low mile in perfect running condition for $5k or less BECAUSE a brand new one can be had for $9300 with warranty! any non beleivers can take 5 mins and call Tom at crate engine depot in Illinois at 877 441 5150 a d confirm what i just posted themselves!
Read the the print on the warranty, it only applies to US registered vehicles. Oh and I have one of his motors in my car.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:37 PM
12BVETTEOWNER
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^you are correct but he made me an amazing offer and said if i ever needed warranty that i could deal with him directly it would still be warrantied.....so i would not be eligable for warranty in Canada but i could drive it into the U.S and get warranty no problems....the good thing about my car is that is an original U.S car so may make my warranty easier to get...not sure if im gonna mod it or not so warranty will be useless in that case anyway
Old 12-03-2012, 08:43 PM
12BVETTEOWNER
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by forg0tmypen
Here's what Im offering: The complete motor dry sump oil cooler wiring harness manifold clutch and everything with only 15,000 miles still running in my car right now as we speak so you know it's good.$8,000 You won't find cheaper and if you want to buy new have fun spending the other $5,000 extra. That link is for a stripped down bare bones motor. You're still a good $4,000 in parts away from making that thing work, mine is plug and play will drop right in. Your call.
all that stuff you mention is still on my engine and is all reusable so its not required for me to have any of that stuff....the $4000 in parts you say ill need i have....my intake is fine,my oil system is fine everything is good to go....and Tom also mentioned that the only 2 things that will deem the core unacceptable is if its cracked or has a rod through the block....if you want to deal for your motor i will but not at $8k...you wanna strip those parts off and sell it for $5k we should talk....if not thx for the offer but ill take a pass this time round...
Old 12-04-2012, 02:07 PM
dun4791
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/c6-par...w-mileage.html

Last edited by dun4791; 12-04-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Quick Reply: WTB Your Low Mile Used LS7 Longblock