Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

New RLL-80-2 two-stage incline Race Ramps from Reverse Logic. Available Jan 2013

Old 12-21-2012, 05:15 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Default New RLL-80-2 two-stage incline Race Ramps from Reverse Logic. Available Jan 2013

I have been working on a new ramp design for Corvette owners. Here were the design constraints:

1) Two-stage incline design with initial 6.8 degree slope that could handle Z06, ZR1 and GS ground clearance without a separate XTender ramp.

2) Carton sizes that stayed below the threshold where "Additional Handling" charges apply. It's bad enough that the ramps ship as dimensional weight. Cartons over 60" long are penalized even more.

3) Carton sizes that meet the length plus girth requirements for Parcel Post shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. This is needed to offer free shipping to these destinations.

4) Integrated trailer ramp without additional adapters. The top of the trailer door step is reinforced like standard Race Ramps trailer ramps.

5) Cradle style platform. While this design does not obviate the need for wheel chocks when using the ramps, it does help to keep the car in place on the platform.

6) Priced below $400 including shipping.

I did have to make a couple of compromises:

a) The platform height is only 9" high rather than 10" high as it is for the RR-XT-2 and RLL-87-2 ramps. But it is higher than the 8" platforms for the RR-56-2 and RLL-72-2 ramps.

b) This ramp will not be available with the Heavy Duty option since the incline section can be used in two modes. Adding the heavy duty reinforcement layer to both the top and bottom surfaces would add too much to the cost due to manufacturing complexity.

c) The trailer ramp will have a 6.8 degree slope. This is too high for cars which would normally use the more shallow RR-TR-4, RR-TR-5, and RR-TR-7 trailer ramps. But for cars that can use the ramps as service ramps, the flipped over incline section is likely to work fine as a trailer ramp.

I attached one drawing with the dimensions. The ramps are 14" wide since this is the minimum width that Race Ramps uses for trailer ramps. The second drawing shows the service ramp and trailer ramp configurations.

The RLL-80-2 ramps will be shipping about mid-January. I am not taking deposits for them, but, if you are interested PM or e-mail me and I will put you on the waiting list.
Attached Images   

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 03-10-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:35 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Default RLL-80-2 comparison to 8" and 10" high ramps

I added the outline of an RR-XT-2 ramp (in Red) and an RR-56-2 ramp (in Green) on top of the RLL-80-2 service ramp drawing. This comparison drawing should be of help to people trying to decide which ramp will work with their vehicle. If you tried the "yardstick" test and you were able to raise the yardstick between 5.0" and 7.25", then the RLL-80-2 ramp will work for you.

I also sketched the RR-TR-6 trailer ramp (in Red) on top of the inverted RLL-80-2 incline section. The RR-TR-6 ramp, with an 8.2 degree slope, is the closest standard Race Ramps trailer ramp to the trailer ramp included with the RLL-80-2 model.
Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:30 AM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

The new RLL-80-2 is due to start shipping about 11-Jan-2013. I plan to post a few photos if the weather permits.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:25 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Default Photos of RLL-80-2 ramps

The new RLL-80-2 ramps arrived today. The weather was good and I managed to snap a few photos. Unfortunately, I could not get any with Corvettes today. Maybe next week.

The first photo shows the RLL-80-2 9" high platform compared to the RR-56-2 8" high platform and the RR-XT-2 10" high platform.

The first run of the RLL-80-2 ramps have a reinforced cradle similar to a Trailer Mate ramp. This feature will be eliminated on subsequent production runs.

The second photo shows the incline section flipped over in Trailer Ramp mode. The step on the trailer ramp is reinforced like all Race Ramps trailer ramps.
Attached Images     
Old 02-04-2013, 10:04 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Here are a few pictures of a Z51 C6 and the new RLL-80-2 Race Ramps.
Attached Images    
Old 02-04-2013, 10:38 PM
ZBADESTZ@Straightline
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How does this work with a ZR1? pics?
Old 02-05-2013, 12:04 AM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

The RLL-80-2 ramps have the same 6.8 degree initial incline as the RLL-72-2 and RLL-87-2 ramps we offer. 6.8 degrees is also the same incline as a standard 56" or 67" Race Ramp service ramp WITH the optional XTenders.

So, your ZR1 should have no issues with the 80" ramps. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures with a ZR1 yet. You can do the Yardstick test described on other threads to confirm this. Basically, you lightly wedge one end of the yardstick up against the tire, raise the opposite end until the yardstick touches the car anywhere along its length, and then measure the height of the raised end (at the 36" mark). If you can raise the yardstick at least 5" then the 80" ramps will work without scraping against your car.

See posts #10 and #11 at this link:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-purchase.html

Originally Posted by ZBADESTZ
How does this work with a ZR1? pics?

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 02-05-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:01 AM
bookemdano
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much shipped?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:12 AM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

$399 to any destination in the USA including AK, HI, and PR.

You can order the ramps by selecting RLL-80-2 from the drop-down price menu at this link. The incline sections and platforms are available separately.

http://www.reverselogic.us/ReverseLo...ace_Ramps.html

Originally Posted by bookemdano
How much shipped?

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 02-05-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To New RLL-80-2 two-stage incline Race Ramps from Reverse Logic. Available Jan 2013

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New RLL-80-2 two-stage incline Race Ramps from Reverse Logic. Available Jan 2013