Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

Need New Water Pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 08:52 PM
Silverado Desperado
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need New Water Pump

I need a new water pump for a LS2. Where can I Buy a new one for the best price?

Is the LS2 C6 water pump unique to Corvette or is the same water pump used on other vehicles without the Corvette price tag?

Does anyone have a new one for sale?

I see that removing it and reinstalling it is not that big of a job, but how do you purge the air out of the system when refilling it with coolant, and how much coolant do I need to buy?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:08 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 109 Likes on 100 Posts

I have a used ls2 water pump (8000 mi) that I striped the bolt hole out on a 160° stat install. Just needs to be heli coiled and works perfect....$75 ($375 new)
Old 08-06-2013, 10:19 PM
rowdymax
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of mods to the engine do you have if any?? If none, it's not too bad of an install...Check ebay or if you have a friend who has a body shop or garage that gets discount, get it through GM...Get new belts and air conditioning belt with it as it is easier to get to with pump out...
I have supercharged LS2, so it wasn't that easy...I ended up going with heavy duty Evans pump with bigger impeller to move more water...I have seen 5-6 degrees cooler with Evans pump...Completely drained/flushed your around 4 gallons...If you just drain rad and pump, maybe 2...
Just fill and air will work its way out as you run car and refill...
Good luck....
Old 08-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Silverado Desperado
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the reply. No mods at all, all stock original. I will remove and replace the water pump and get a couple gallons of coolant, the serpentine belt, and the AC belt as you recommend. Thanks.

Looking for a new water pump only, any suggestions where to buy it at the best price and any tips or tricks on the install is most appreciated.

Please let me know if anyone has a new one to sell. Thanks.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Homeboy77
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I just replaced mine with one from Napa. I ordered it online, got 10% off. $179.99 plus tax.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Jeffro_510
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rockauto sells brand new AC Delco waterpumps for $194. Cheapest i could find. Delco is all i would use.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:57 PM
victorf
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Better to be careful mentioning non supporting forum vendor in the future, although your intention is trying to be helpful.

All you need is one cry baby vendor to complain and forum police will jump into you.

Where you got your stuff is indeed a real winner, it is the best place for us here in Hawaii with Super Saver Shipping as well.

Thank you!

Get notified of new replies

To Need New Water Pump

Quick Reply: Need New Water Pump