Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

Billet Alternators with new pricing

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 09:02 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Devilschild
I need one of these ASAP !
Voltage stays at 14.6 right off the battery tender .
But as soon as i leave the house in my c6z and kill the car, get back in she drops everytime.

I need the black one 👍🏻

Your PM box has been full for some time now. I checked back a few times. I left a message on your visitor page hoping to hear from you.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:24 PM
sledmaster
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Will the pulley have to be changed to work on cars with auto transmissions?
Old 12-05-2015, 10:02 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by sledmaster
Will the pulley have to be changed to work on cars with auto transmissions?
No sir. The alternators include pulleys. If you're referring to the decoupler pulley that GM puts on some alternators, they're not interchangeable with my alternators. The thread diameter and pitch is different. I've had many customers change from factory alternators with decoupler pulleys to my alternator and never a complaint.

Happy Holidays!

Old 12-27-2015, 11:51 AM
Supporting Vendor

Thanks for the orders.

Happy Holidays!!
Old 03-25-2016, 08:41 PM
C6smackdown
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Do you still sell these? I need a 170amp one in black.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:29 PM
berk4422
Drifting

Received 100 Likes on 50 Posts

Me too, I'm ready to order a 170 in black for an LS2.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:42 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by C6smackdown
Do you still sell these? I need a 170amp one in black.
Yep. PM'd you sir.
515.00 shipped to the lower 48.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:44 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by berk4422
Me too, I'm ready to order a 170 in black for an LS2.
PayPal 515.00 to blownbluez06@sbcglobal.net

Please include a message that includes your cell # for FedEx
Old 03-27-2016, 12:30 AM
C6smackdown
Pro

Sounds good. I'll try to get payment over to you tomorrow
Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
Yep. PM'd you sir.
515.00 shipped to the lower 48.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:40 AM
mourat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Best money I've ever spent! Tuning is such a breeze with these things you never have to worry about your injector voltage tables being dead on with these thing! I mean you should still but my voltage is always steady as a rock.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:05 PM
Mookster
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 15 Posts

Sent you a PM

Do you have any 240s in stock? Did anyone else get 240 amp one?
Old 04-12-2016, 10:45 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Mookster
Sent you a PM

Do you have any 240s in stock? Did anyone else get 240 amp one?
I sell quite a few 240's

I replied to your PM sir.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:27 PM
rob20rx7
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

just had an issue with my billet alternator this afternoon. I sent you a PM.

Thanks!
Old 04-25-2016, 10:34 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by rob20rx7
just had an issue with my billet alternator this afternoon. I sent you a PM.

Thanks!
Replied soon after.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:59 PM
starchedup
Burning Brakes

I have a boost-a-pump fuel system for my E85… Do I need the 240 amp or will the 170 work? I still have the stock fan and just an aftermarket head unit no answer anything in my car. At some point I might do the dual van option I'm not sure

I live in Dallas near you so could I come and pick it up or do you still need to mail it?

Last edited by starchedup; 04-27-2016 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:28 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by starchedup
I have a boost-a-pump fuel system for my E85… Do I need the 240 amp or will the 170 work? I still have the stock fan and just an aftermarket head unit no answer anything in my car. At some point I might do the dual van option I'm not sure

I live in Dallas near you so could I come and pick it up or do you still need to mail it?
You're more than welcome to stop by and pick one up. I'm currently out of stock and have more coming any day now. My cell# is 972-741-7457. Send me a text and I can let you know when I have one ready for you.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:49 PM
starchedup
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKTPerformance
You're more than welcome to stop by and pick one up. I'm currently out of stock and have more coming any day now. My cell# is 972-741-7457. Send me a text and I can let you know when I have one ready for you.
Thank you. PM sent

Get notified of new replies

To Billet Alternators with new pricing

Old 08-18-2016, 01:15 PM
Supporting Vendor

Update to the sale thread:
In addition to the alternator upgrades, I’m offering a new 1/0gauge hot bypass cable.
Over the years, I've tested many C6's and investigated many alternator failures. In conclusion, I've found a significant # of cars with massive voltage drops on the hot side. If you want to know if your car is one of them, take a volt meter. Run your car to full temp with the hood closed. Keep it running and turn on all the electrical items that you can. A/C on high, high beams etc. Then take your volt meter and measure from the output lug on the alternator to the mounting bracket or clean, shiny metal on the alternator (no anodized parts). write that # down. Then move to the passenger side and measure from the power distribution post at the fuse/relay box to chassis ground. Write that # down. Then go to the battery and measure across the posts. Not the terminals, but the actual posts. Write that # down. If the voltage at the battery is .3v less than the alternator measurement, then you have a problem. I've been finding drops of over 1 volt lately and the greatest drop has been on the positive side between the alternator and the power distribution post. What I've been doing to solve the problem is running a 1/0 gauge copper (not CCA) wire directly from the alternator output to the power distribution post and cutting the other cable off the alternator. How much there is to be gained is determined by how much drop you're experiencing from the alternator output to that power post. If you take your volt meter and touch one lead to the alternator output and the other to the power post (with the car still running and all the accessories on), it will read the actual amount of drop you're experiencing. Running the new cable will reduce that drop down to as low as .1v.

I'm offering these cables to anyone that doesn't want to build one on their own. I'm using good, high-strand 1/0 copper welding cable and covering it with a nice, nylon braid and heat shrink at each end. 99.00 with your alternator purchase and 115.00 shipped when purchased separately. Let me know if anyone's interested.

The following users liked this post:
SteveDoten (04-01-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 07:08 PM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKTPerformance
Update to the sale thread:
In addition to the alternator upgrades, I’m offering a new 1/0gauge hot bypass cable.
Over the years, I've tested many C6's and investigated many alternator failures. In conclusion, I've found a significant # of cars with massive voltage drops on the hot side. If you want to know if your car is one of them, take a volt meter. Run your car to full temp with the hood closed. Keep it running and turn on all the electrical items that you can. A/C on high, high beams etc. Then take your volt meter and measure from the output lug on the alternator to the mounting bracket or clean, shiny metal on the alternator (no anodized parts). write that # down. Then move to the passenger side and measure from the power distribution post at the fuse/relay box to chassis ground. Write that # down. Then go to the battery and measure across the posts. Not the terminals, but the actual posts. Write that # down. If the voltage at the battery is .3v less than the alternator measurement, then you have a problem. I've been finding drops of over 1 volt lately and the greatest drop has been on the positive side between the alternator and the power distribution post. What I've been doing to solve the problem is running a 1/0 gauge copper (not CCA) wire directly from the alternator output to the power distribution post and cutting the other cable off the alternator. How much there is to be gained is determined by how much drop you're experiencing from the alternator output to that power post. If you take your volt meter and touch one lead to the alternator output and the other to the power post (with the car still running and all the accessories on), it will read the actual amount of drop you're experiencing. Running the new cable will reduce that drop down to as low as .1v.

I'm offering these cables to anyone that doesn't want to build one on their own. I'm using good, high-strand 1/0 copper welding cable and covering it with a nice, nylon braid and heat shrink at each end. 99.00 with your alternator purchase and 115.00 shipped when purchased separately. Let me know if anyone's interested.

Any pictures of this installed? I am also interested in a 170 Amp alternator for my 08 Z06. Which finishes do you have in stock and which one best matches a Nick Williams throttle body... Polished or Machined? Shipping to 21042 or location for pickup.

Josh
The following users liked this post:
HC Mechanic (12-16-2018)
Old 02-20-2017, 08:21 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by EnginerdVT
Any pictures of this installed? I am also interested in a 170 Amp alternator for my 08 Z06. Which finishes do you have in stock and which one best matches a Nick Williams throttle body... Polished or Machined? Shipping to 21042 or location for pickup.

Josh
I don't have any pictures of it installed yet. When you run it the way that I do, it's very difficult to see. I run it along the crevice, just below the valve cover, where the cylinder head and intake manifold meet. Unplug the coils and lay it under the wiring harness. After reaching the back of the engine, run it across the backside and as you reach the passenger side of the engine, run it low, under the other lines and harnesses and across to the power distribution block.

The Nick Williams TB is more of a brushed satin finish. If it were mine, I would polish it and get the polished alternator. If you're not set up to polish it and want it done, you can send it to me and I'll polish it to a mirror shine.

I've got both polished and machined finished units in stock.

Bret

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.

Quick Reply: Billet Alternators with new pricing