Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

Billet Alternators with new pricing

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 04:51 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Default Billet Alternators with new pricing

The Billet Alternator design for 2015 has not changed, but the pricing has. Still using the 6-phase stator, 12-pole rotor design.

This alternator is compact and powerful! This case design even fits aftermarket heads with elevated valve cover rails using Katech valve covers. Many Corvette Forum members are running this alternator and some have reported that some, if not all of their troublesome electrical gremlins have been eliminated due to overcoming the voltage deficiencies that plague the Corvettes. Low voltage issues in summer stop-and-go traffic? Gone with this upgrade. Stock alternators heat up and are unable to even produce anything close to their rated output. This design incorporates higher efficiency and better cooling to keep the alternator output voltage high, even in higher heat situations.

"So what is there to gain from using the Billet-Tech alternator over the factory original?"
Better system voltage. "So what does better system voltage gain me?"
Many of the electrical components in our cars will perform better with full voltage.
Our ignition coils, fuel injectors, fuel pumps, cooling fans, electric water pumps, headlights (and the list goes on) will all perform better with better system voltage.
Why go with a Billet-Tech alternator over others? Take a good look at the cases of the competitors and you will notice that none of them have the beefy, stronger ears that Billet-Tech provides on their cases. Instead, you'll find some skinny ears with pins pressed in. These are modified cases, designed for another vehicle, modified to fit our cars and not nearly as strong.
4 finish options offered: Machined, black anodized, polished and chrome. I am stocking the more popular black and polished 170 amp units. 240 amp units, machined and chrome units are special order. As long as they’re in stock, I ship ASAP, typically the next business day.
The 170amp units shipped:
Machined 489.00
Black 515.00
Polished 539.00
Chromed 589.00
Add 50.00 for the 240 amp option.

Texas Residents Add 7.75% sales tax

If you’re wanting a custom alternator and 14v battery with 16v charging, PM me for details.

C5 owners, PM me. I’ve got something for many of you as well.

Shipping within the continental US is included. Contact me for shipping outside the lower 48.
If your serpentine system is upgraded from the factory 6-rib to 8-rib, let me know because we'll need to make you a custom pulley for that at an additional cost.

If you have a "flip drive", "Secondary drive", "Direct drive" or any variant of it, you may need a shorter belt. The drives use a K060370
and K060365 or a Dayco 6PK915 or Goodyear 36" length belt are your shorter options.

Paypal to blownblueZ06@gmail.com
For credit card payments, send me a PM with your email address and I will forward you an invoice.

When sending your payment, please verify your shipping address, add a phone number for FedEx and please give me your car info. Year/model etc.

About the warranty:
All Billet-Tech alternators are backed by a 2 year performance guarantee against manufacturers defect, by the manufacturer. Please visit http://www.mechman.com for more details.
All sales final.

Black

Machined

Polished

Chrome finish by special order only.

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance; 05-05-2018 at 10:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ZHZ-416ci (09-15-2020)
Old 03-18-2015, 04:57 PM
Supporting Vendor

Here’s what some of the Corvette Forum Members have shared about their experience with this alternator:
Billet Tech comments and pics
Originally Posted by Unreal
One of the best upgrades I've done to date. Even with all my electronics and on 115+ days it still stays right at 14.3-14.4V. Stock alternator would be in the 11s when hot.
Originally Posted by under_psi
This. Mine is in the 11s now. Definitely a good upgrade.

Originally Posted by BRING IT
Just got mine installed last weekend and it was a awesome upgrade!

Originally Posted by NorthTXC6
the Black anodized looks great and performs perfectly; plus you can rotate the assembly so the electrical harness is down out of the way...plus, Bret was kind enough to install and put on some really cool alternator bolts....

Originally Posted by Smooth72
Great customer service. 14.6 volts at Idle and looks great.

Here’s a custom chrome unit on my ride, putting out 16v with a 14v AGM battery 

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Thanks to Bret for amazing service on this purchase. Most helpful and fast shipping.

Obviously the most important thing is how this unit performs, which I can't comment on yet. I will say the unit is pretty amazing looking for an alternator. Almost too nice. When I opened it up to clock it, and it looks like a piece of art inside. Didn't think to take a picture. Very impressive. Fits perfectly too.

Originally Posted by COMMANDER2OOO
got my new polished billet tech alternator lookin good an no more service charging system
Originally Posted by rob20rx7
Just put this in last week along with a powdercoated Bracket, Had to clean off the areas of contact to the block on the bracket after install. Forgot i needed this for proper ground. No biggie after a little work the finish product looks awesome. With my stereo system, electric fans ad MSD coils with 12v seperate Harness, car charges at 14.6v no issues even at idle with a 10% ATI underdrive pulley.

Awesome!

The following users liked this post:
HC Mechanic (12-16-2018)
Old 03-18-2015, 07:50 PM
SuperchargedTundra
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Is stock output 170amps? Is there any benefit for the 240amp version?
Old 03-18-2015, 08:18 PM
iwantaz06now
Melting Slicks

Received 165 Likes on 132 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Does this product cure the "weak start" symptom that's common on ls7's with headers when warm? Or is that more a starter issue that can't handle the heat produced by aftermarket headers?
Old 03-18-2015, 10:29 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by SuperchargedTundra
Is stock output 170amps? Is there any benefit for the 240amp version?
A few people can benefit from the 240amp version. Those with a lot of additional electrical load, such as scavenge pumps, extra fuel pumps, electric water pumps for the engine and intercooler and big stereo systems that maintain high volume levels for sustained periods of time, and there's always those of us in the south with our electric fans running on high in the summer time.

The 170amp units do the trick for 99% of my customers. They're not comparable in output to the factory alternators. In other words, they don't only put out 20 amps more than a stock 150 amp alternator. When alternators are maxed out, their output voltage suffers from that high load. You'll notice these are able to sustain over 14 volts with the AC on high, the radiator fans maxed out, in the summer heat, at idle.

It's best to get the 170amp unit unless you can really justify the 240 because the 170 has a slightly better output curve at lower engine.speeds.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:37 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by iwantaz06now
Does this product cure the "weak start" symptom that's common on ls7's with headers when warm? Or is that more a starter issue that can't handle the heat produced by aftermarket headers?
I haven't studied this issue specifically on C6's, but have seen it on others and heat wrap or shields around the starter motors helps. One thing that plagues the Corvettes is poor grounding and poor power wiring schemes. I've had customers purchase my alternator due to having charging issues, only to discover that the cause of the problem isn't the alternator. In many instances, it's been the connection at the starter. The alternator and battery are connected through the starter connection, so when that's compromised, you're going to have issues.
You can use a basic volt meter to discover how poor the grounding is in the car by testing voltage between grounds, starting at the alternator chassis, which is "absolute ground" for the entire car. Touch the chassis with one lead while probing surfaces such as the cylinder heads, frame rails, battery negative etc. Anywhere you see more than a .2v, I would recommend reinforcing that ground plane with some nice, beefy ground straps. These voltage drops add up on both the hot and ground sides and end up causing many issues. Electronics like good, stable, clean voltage and act up when they don't get it. That's one reason people are so pleased with my alternator. With its higher voltage output, it helps overcome some of these deficiencies.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:59 AM
Supporting Vendor

Plenty in stock, ready for immediate shipment.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:00 PM
tbruton3
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome alternator... I noticed the difference 2 seconds after the first start up and I am running a forget 1500 watt mono amp for 3 13" subs and a fosgate 1000 watt amp powering the mids and highs..
Old 03-22-2015, 09:23 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by tbruton3
Awesome alternator... I noticed the difference 2 seconds after the first start up and I am running a forget 1500 watt mono amp for 3 13" subs and a fosgate 1000 watt amp powering the mids and highs..
Thanks for your feedback and purchase.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:40 PM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

How do these compare (size-wise) to the stock alternator? I just recently put proform valve covers on my car and I had to shave my stock alternator to get them to fit, as well as a small sanding job on the back of the alternator bracket where the valve cover on the driver's side just barely touched. If these are smaller, it may allow me to run the black one without clearance issues, thanks for any help!
Old 03-23-2015, 05:41 PM
tbruton3
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is smaller than the stock one
Old 03-23-2015, 10:03 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by EnginerdVT
How do these compare (size-wise) to the stock alternator? I just recently put proform valve covers on my car and I had to shave my stock alternator to get them to fit, as well as a small sanding job on the back of the alternator bracket where the valve cover on the driver's side just barely touched. If these are smaller, it may allow me to run the black one without clearance issues, thanks for any help!
Originally Posted by tbruton3
It is smaller than the stock one
I've yet to see a taller valve cover than the Katech. The MAST Motorsports heads have 1/2" taller perimeter rail added to that and the Billet tech fits with no fuss, no muss.

See all the pics above. My personal car is the black and blue scheme with the blue fuel rails. It's close, but no touchy.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:07 PM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT56
I've yet to see a taller valve cover than the Katech. The MAST Motorsports heads have 1/2" taller perimeter rail added to that and the Billet tech fits with no fuss, no muss. See all the pics above. My personal car is the black and blue scheme with the blue fuel rails. It's close, but no touchy.
Wish I could compare the Katech and proform covers. I can't afford to buy it and then have the ruin it to fit. Anyone know how to get the measurements for both or have access to both to measure?
Old 03-24-2015, 09:51 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by EnginerdVT
Wish I could compare the Katech and proform covers. I can't afford to buy it and then have the ruin it to fit. Anyone know how to get the measurements for both or have access to both to measure?
I can get dimensions on my Katechs. I've got them off at the moment. Let me know if that'll help. PM me if needed and I'll PM you my cell#.

Do you know how much room you need? You need? I think this will give you around .4" more radial clearance
Old 03-25-2015, 06:08 PM
rob20rx7
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 8 Rib Belt Pulley to use on Billet Tech Alternator for Overdrive Damper

Just got my pulley in from the Distributor. Going to use this on my SC application with ATI overdrive damper

Old 03-26-2015, 08:48 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by rob20rx7
Just got my pulley in from the Distributor. Going to use this on my SC application with ATI overdrive damper
Looks good!

A friendly suggestion: Make sure when you install it that you use the little washer behind it. You may also want to put some loctite on the threads. I've had some members change pulleys and that bolt come loose enough for the pulley to move and **** sideways some. Major destruction happens after that.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:08 AM
Supporting Vendor

Thanks for your purchases!

Get notified of new replies

To Billet Alternators with new pricing

Old 05-08-2015, 10:27 AM
Supporting Vendor

Still have a few polished and black available, with no waiting.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:47 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by red9r
You could request an email from a military email account but don't feel pressured. I'm sure the markup is already pretty low and they seem to be a great deal already. I just wanted to ask the question and offering all CF members the same pricing is a perfectly acceptable answer.

Originally Posted by newvetteguy9
could def ask for an email from the .mil account to verify.
Red9R, you're right. Not a lot of markup, but I'm certainly interested in honoring our country's service members. For a limited time, on a trial basis here, I'm willing to offer an additional 3% off. I hope it's not too insulting, but it's what I'm able to do.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:47 AM
Supporting Vendor

In stock, ready to ship.

Thanks for your orders!

Quick Reply: Billet Alternators with new pricing