Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

Wider C6 wheels & tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 05:07 PM
JIMC0923
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wider C6 wheels & tires

Have an '07 C6 that I just supercharged. Rear wheel HP now dynos up in the 600 HP range - and stock C6 tires (285/35/19) don't get the job done. All I can do is light the tires from a halt or at speed.

Have already installed the wider flared Z06 rear fenders.

Need larger (wider) tires on rear. How wide can I go?

Don't know if leaving fronts as is will affect handling. If so, then I need to consider front wheels & tires as well. I'm a road racing enthusiast, so I don't want to ruin my handling. ????

Current wheels are stock competition gray Corvette wheels. Like 'em & would really like to keep that color scheme as it pops with the car.

All help appreciated.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:15 PM
TexasLuis
Advanced

Originally Posted by JIMC0923
Have an '07 C6 that I just supercharged. Rear wheel HP now dynos up in the 600 HP range - and stock C6 tires (285/35/19) don't get the job done. All I can do is light the tires from a halt or at speed.

Have already installed the wider flared Z06 rear fenders.

Need larger (wider) tires on rear. How wide can I go?

Don't know if leaving fronts as is will affect handling. If so, then I need to consider front wheels & tires as well. I'm a road racing enthusiast, so I don't want to ruin my handling. ????

Current wheels are stock competition gray Corvette wheels. Like 'em & would really like to keep that color scheme as it pops with the car.

All help appreciated.
You may be able to go 13" wide but I'm not 100%. I've seen a few post on here about wheel and tire widths'. Actually there's a tire/rim calculator up on the menu.

Any chance you are going to sell your wheels? I had the twin spoke competition gray wheels on mine originally. Is that what your's are?
Old 05-15-2015, 05:21 PM
JIMC0923
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by TexasLuis
You may be able to go 13" wide but I'm not 100%. I've seen a few post on here about wheel and tire widths'. Actually there's a tire/rim calculator up on the menu.

Any chance you are going to sell your wheels? I had the twin spoke competition gray wheels on mine originally. Is that what your's are?
No, mine are 5 - single spoke. Look at photo. I really like the look of the 5-single spoke wheels. Thanks for your response.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:59 PM
TexasLuis
Advanced

Get notified of new replies

To Wider C6 wheels & tires

Quick Reply: Wider C6 wheels & tires