Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

*Upgrade your interior with brand new Carbon Fiber D-shaped Steering Wheel*

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 03:13 PM
COMMANDER2OOO
Melting Slicks

Received 218 Likes on 173 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by RFEdesign
Got an order second wheel to be started at the end of October
My birthday is the 29th of oct would make a nice birthday gift if you got it done by then,
Old 08-27-2016, 03:56 PM
0RFEdesign
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by COMMANDER2OOO
My birthday is the 29th of oct would make a nice birthday gift if you got it done by then,
I will work days and nights to get it done before Oct, 29th :-)
Old 08-27-2016, 06:26 PM
myredhead1
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 356 Posts

Commander upping his game again
Old 08-27-2016, 06:33 PM
COMMANDER2OOO
Melting Slicks

2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by RFEdesign
I will work days and nights to get it done before Oct, 29th :-)
Im kidding take your time well oct 29th is my birthday but no need to lose any sleep over it lol.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:33 PM
myredhead1
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by TH3Z06
I purchased one of Vasily's carbon fiber steering wheels from the "For Sale" section prior to his becoming a vendor. Shipping took a little while, as is expected considering the product's origins (Russia). I must say, I was truly shocked by the quality of the piece. It is second-to-none, and is a million times better than the Cobalt steering wheel supplied with Corvettes. As stated by the vendor, installation is a snap: undo battery, drain capacitors, remove air bag, remove steering wheel, and then reverse the process. Literally took less than 10 minutes with hand tools.

I highly recommend this vendor and his product. Below is the steering wheel on my car.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIvBw6hB...=robertf.white
That may be the best looking wheel I have ever seen
The following users liked this post:
RFEdesign (08-30-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 06:35 PM
COMMANDER2OOO
Melting Slicks

2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by myredhead1
Commander upping his game again
Lol myred, i need better self control
Old 08-29-2016, 02:01 AM
NVA2010
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I haven't even bought myself a z06 yet and I already want that F1 wheel!

Saw the D wheel and was like, "That has to be the best looking D wheel I've ever seen!"
Saw the F1 wheel with the z06 lettering and was like,"MUST...HAVE...NOW!!!"

Keep up the good work man. I'll be sure to pick one of these up when I finally do get myself a Z

Last edited by NVA2010; 08-29-2016 at 02:04 AM.
RFEdesign (08-30-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 03:18 AM
Manny5150
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Received my custom steering, sharing some pictures with you guys.

Outside packaging: Rating 10/10
Vendor used a very thick high quality plastic packaging. I tried ripping it and it was very durable.

After removing outer shell, this is what it looked like, very well packed.
Rating: 10/10

Steering wheel was wrapped very carefully with lots of layered white foam.

Now the steering wheel with airbag wrapped in leather and stitched.
everyting about the wheel is very high quality. Pictures dont do the justice, you have to see it in person.

Carbon fiber clear coat is glossy

I chose to go with C7 Z06 emblem which i liked better than C6 Z06. I know I will get flamed for it

Another shot

Well to keep it short I highly recommend this vendor if you want a high quality steering wheel at right price. Communicating with vendor was very easy. I told him what I wanted and he gave me his input that made this wheel look very gorgeous, I'm glad that I listened him. (I was going with D shape but he suggested I should go with F1 style) He showed lots of pictures that helped me decide.

I really like how carbon fiber meets leather portion, there is very minimal gap (that how it should be), high quality carbon fiber, clear coat is very glossy (like water).....its just brilliant!

Shipping was very fast, I was given a impression that it will take 8-12 days to arrive but It got delivered in 7 days.

I'm very happy with my purchase and I will be reaching out to this vendor for future carbon fiber mods....

Last edited by Manny5150; 08-31-2016 at 12:30 PM.
RFEdesign (08-30-2016)
Old 08-30-2016, 11:21 AM
0RFEdesign
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by myredhead1
That may be the best looking wheel I have ever seen
Thanks a lot!!!

Originally Posted by NVA2010
I haven't even bought myself a z06 yet and I already want that F1 wheel!

Saw the D wheel and was like, "That has to be the best looking D wheel I've ever seen!"
Saw the F1 wheel with the z06 lettering and was like,"MUST...HAVE...NOW!!!"

Keep up the good work man. I'll be sure to pick one of these up when I finally do get myself a Z
Thank you! Once you get your Z pm me for a special deal

Originally Posted by Manny5150
Received my custom steering, sharing some pictures with you guys.
Manny, thank you so much for good words and your trust in one guy from cold Russia

BTW, I have one more airbag to make it fully custom, with carbon fiber center badge.

Last edited by RFEdesign; 08-30-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:18 PM
COMMANDER2OOO
Melting Slicks

2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Many that steering wheel look soooooooo awesome, I believe I'm up next. My only question, is your leather grey? and is that the color you wanted? Because I want mine black,black,black lol.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:26 PM
Manny5150
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Many that steering wheel look soooooooo awesome, I believe I'm up next. My only question, is your leather grey? and is that the color you wanted? Because I want mine black,black,black lol.
Its dark grey I think. I have centennial edition dashboard so It blends in perfectly. If it was black black lol it would look little different because our c6 interior is not black, it has greyish shade to it but thats what I see...I could be color blind lol I left leather portion to the russian and it came out perfectly

Did you order F1 style or D?
Old 08-31-2016, 12:59 PM
COMMANDER2OOO
Melting Slicks

2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Manny5150
Its dark grey I think. I have centennial edition dashboard so It blends in perfectly. If it was black black lol it would look little different because our c6 interior is not black, it has greyish shade to it but thats what I see...I could be color blind lol I left leather portion to the russian and it came out perfectly

Did you order F1 style or D?
Ok i didnt know if that was black or not, u know how it can look different on pc screen. It is definitely beautiful. I went F1, and i made a few changes to my style and design so if he can pull it off mine will be a lil different lol. I always try to be different
Old 08-31-2016, 09:12 PM
LethalTT
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Do I get a discount since my wife is from Russia!!?? Amazing product.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:23 AM
0RFEdesign
Former Vendor

Ok i didnt know if that was black or not, u know how it can look different on pc screen. It is definitely beautiful. I went F1, and i made a few changes to my style and design so if he can pull it off mine will be a lil different lol. I always try to be different
As Manny said it is not black black, it is a bit lighter, ebony color, that matches to interior leather color.
Check your e-mail, I sent you couple updated variants of your wheel for review.

Originally Posted by LethalTT
Do I get a discount since my wife is from Russia!!?? Amazing product.
Thanks! Doing my best.
BTW Russia is pretty big... I would say it is 1.8 times bigger than US... So it is not like a "Hey bro, I'm from the same district"
Well.. I consider my prices a pretty good (don't want to say "low" because $1k is a lot of money). Other companies sell D-shaped and F1-shaped steering wheels for $1800 and $2500 respectively. Without airbag.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:03 AM
The boss
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

This is nice work. I have a few questions if you dont mind. Does the price include the core and switches or do we have to supply a wheel? My car is a 2012 Centennial Edition (wheel is different for 2012-13) with all steering controls so is it possible to have it in alcantara with the matchin color for the material and the red stiching? Are the little covers over the switces included?

Now about the airbag, how does it work, do I have to supply you a core? Does the fact of covering the wheel with a different material affect the operation of the air bag?

In a near futur I wish to have a complete D shape wheel includind all switces and matching airbag with the red line on the upper part (dont have a clue about its utility but its nice)

Again, great work.

Last edited by The boss; 09-01-2016 at 11:03 AM. Reason: error
Old 09-01-2016, 11:36 AM
0RFEdesign
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by The boss
This is nice work. I have a few questions if you dont mind. Does the price include the core and switches or do we have to supply a wheel? My car is a 2012 Centennial Edition (wheel is different for 2012-13) with all steering controls so is it possible to have it in alcantara with the matchin color for the material and the red stiching? Are the little covers over the switces included?

Now about the airbag, how does it work, do I have to supply you a core? Does the fact of covering the wheel with a different material affect the operation of the air bag?

In a near futur I wish to have a complete D shape wheel includind all switces and matching airbag with the red line on the upper part (dont have a clue about its utility but its nice)

Again, great work.
Thanks!

Let me answer your questions one by one:
1. "Does the price include the core and switches or do we have to supply a wheel?" - No core required, I already have all that I need to make new wheel.
2. "My car is a 2012 Centennial Edition (wheel is different for 2012-13)" - Two reasons why I rework 2007-2011 wheels and not doing this with 2012-2013 are because of different spokes design (it is hard to make them CF and put chrome decal back on place) and a core price (~$300). These two reasons make upgraded wheel too expensive.
3. "is it possible to have it in alcantara with the matchin color for the material and the red stiching?" - yep, it is possible.
4. "Are the little covers over the switces included?" - sure, stitching/logos/leather type... all this is already included.
5. "Now about the airbag, how does it work, do I have to supply you a core?" - I don't like to work with airbags because it is pretty hard to get overseas, so I can not guarantee that some guy from custom service at the border does not open your package and throw away your airbag because it is prohibited to ship. PM me for details. I have couple airbag cores already to work with.
6. "Does the fact of covering ...... affect the operation of the air bag?" - No, your airbag will work the same way as OEM, new leather cover does not make any restriction to airbag deployment.
7. "red line on the upper part (dont have a clue about its utility but its nice)" - As far as I know it came from rally cars, center line shows you position of front wheels. As for DD cars like mine center mark shows me that I need to make some caster/camber adjustments because it is not in the center anymore

Thanks again!
Vasiliy
Old 09-05-2016, 01:08 PM
0RFEdesign
Former Vendor

Lets move it to the top

Get notified of new replies

To *Upgrade your interior with brand new Carbon Fiber D-shaped Steering Wheel*

Old 09-14-2016, 08:39 AM
0RFEdesign
Former Vendor

Ok, folks, finally I got OEM steering wheels.
So far I have:
- 1 auto C6
- 4 manual C6
- 1 auto C7
- 1 manual C7
- 2 airbags

In a week I will start making Commander's wheel.
As far as I have some extra time I can take one more order. PM me for details.

Thanks
Old 09-16-2016, 11:52 AM
ChrisM4
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Price shipped to 90042?
Old 09-16-2016, 12:33 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 634 Likes on 443 Posts

I'd like a price on the same setup that Manny5150 posted above, minus the steering wheel controls (my car is a 2006 Z06, no controls available that year).

Quick Reply: *Upgrade your interior with brand new Carbon Fiber D-shaped Steering Wheel*