Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

about those replacement headlight lens...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 08:36 PM
tmsmedic
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RLSebring
I received shipping confirmation this afternoon and should see them by mid-week baring any customs delays. Will have a shipping update Monday as to their whereabouts.

250 sets coming and I have about 15 slots not claimed so they are available to the first money. 478.00 for both lens and gaskets.

Will have solid stock in a few weeks.

Purchase at www.c6c7vette.com

Thanks for your support and patience.
What method are you going to ship the air freighted lenses for the ones who ordered the air freight shipment? Just trying to guess whether or not to expect them by next weekend. Thanks
Old 04-21-2017, 10:39 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

I ship USPS Priority which is usually 2 - 3 days depending. Don't plan on next weekend just in case there's custom delay.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:21 PM
Jntg2257
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RLSebring
I ship USPS Priority which is usually 2 - 3 days depending. Don't plan on next weekend just in case there's custom delay.
Thank you!
Old 04-26-2017, 10:03 AM
Jntg2257
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jntg2257
Thank you!
Hi Robert, any word yet? Sorry, just anxiously waiting. Looking forward to not having those embarrassingly ugly headlights on an otherwise beautiful car.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:50 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

Just received word that the order is heading to me from Miami and will be here on Friday.

Shipping will start on Monday, May 1st!

I will start printing labels. You will receive tracking info when the label is printed. As mentioned previously I ship USPS PRiority Mail so most should receive your order in 2 to 3 days. Those on the West Coast will be a day or so longer.

There is still a few slots available for the initial airfreighted order so if you are wanting them immediately place your order now at www.c6c7vette.com

I really do appreciate your patience and I know you will be quite pleased with the quality of these lens compared to others.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:20 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

I have most of my basic info up and running on my website. You can purchase either set of lens. For a short time the airfreighted lens are 478.00 set including gaskets, shipped. This breaks down to:

318.00 for the lens pair
120.00 for the gaskets pair
40.00 to cover the airfreight

478.00 total

Once the airfreighted lens are depleted (which will be shortly) Normally stocked lens will be 438.00 pair shipped including the gaskets.

I am considering selling the lens and gasket separately. I will be posting up pictures soon to show what this would look like.

My gaskets are adhered to my lens with 3M body adhesive. You literally have to tear the gasket off the lens to remove it. This eliminates the possibility of the gaskets walking or moving around on the lens. Most have noticed on their car that the stock gasket is rarely even all the way around the perimeter reveal between the gasket, fender and front bumper cover. My gaskets stay put.

The factory gasket will fit my lens. You have to use either this 3M body adhesive or other high quality double sided tape, much like GM uses, to hold the gasket in place in a couple of spots

AND

My Gaskets will fit the stock GM lens (and chinese knock offs) using the same 3M adhesive I use which will come with my gasket.

While both gaskets are different the part you see around the reveal is only about a 1/4" to 3/8" and is the same material and profile as the factory gasket. The difference is under the fender and bumper cover and is never seen.

I'll be posting up pics here and on my website to show both lens and gasket fitment. I will also post up some pics and maybe a video on my website to easily install my gasket.

I'll be closing this thread and starting my normal "For Sale" Thread for the lens and other components I sell. I'll be sure to put a link here to follow.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:31 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

8 airfreighted slots left up for grabs.

This are some more detailed pics of the actual mold and of the lens. Notice my pics are of the lens in all their glory not hidden in the packing box or covered in cellophane. The molds are case hardened steel and highly polished to produce a flawless surface both inside and out with perfect clarity with no need to re-polish them after production. You will never see any of my lens that have been or need to be "buffed out" prior to shipping.

Attention to surface details is what took so long to get perfectly right. No waves or ripples on or in the surfaces. Smoothness and clarity was the up-most importance.

[IMG]https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/
www.corvetteforum.com-vbulletin/2000x1504/80-img_20161227_135856_2d884aea4c515635225e d77511594f9b4b8dd802.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by RLSebring; 04-29-2017 at 12:05 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:38 PM
LoganExplosion
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 112 Posts

Didn't think we'd get to look at the molds. Sweet!!!
Does anyone know where to get spare/used headlight buckets?? or whatever they're called. The painted part inside the headlight. Trying to swap mine over a weekend.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:45 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by LoganExplosion
Didn't think we'd get to look at the molds. Sweet!!!
Does anyone know where to get spare/used headlight buckets?? or whatever they're called. The painted part inside the headlight. Trying to swap mine over a weekend.
If you are looking to paint them find a good paint and body local to you. They'll paint them for around 150.00 or so.

I have some of my black bezels I have painted in the OEM 2 stage black. Very high gloss finish I'll do for 150.00 plus your bezels. Can ship them with your lens.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:03 AM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

Great News... Lens finally arrived late this afternoon. Already checking the order and spot checking all the pallets for any in-transit damage and none found.

The lens look absolutely spectacular!!!

My sincere apologies to those that couldn't wait and to those that did wait for getting these so late but you are going to love the quality and attention to the detail.

I'll be processing orders all weekend with shipping beginning on Monday. One word of caution though... I did not devote any time to trying to come up with a name for the lens nor did I waste any money on a pretty box. They will be called C6 headlight lens and will arrive in a plain brown cardboard box. They are packed nicely to avoid any damage during shipping.

Enjoy and tell your C6 buddies where you got them!

Last edited by RLSebring; 04-29-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:15 PM
Jon05vette
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts
2016 C6 of the Year Finalist

Great product from what the pictures show. Looking forward to ordering a set from the next batch.
Thanks for the attention to detail RS!
��
The following users liked this post:
RLSebring (05-01-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 02:53 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

OK Guys and Gals, Should be wrapping up labels and shipping on Wednesday the 3rd.

Another 50 or so to go you'll be receiving tracking info. If you haven't received tracking by end of day wednesday please contact me so I don't miss you.

As of right now I have about 30 sets spoken for but not paid for and are up for grabs at 478.00 for the LENS AND GASKETS shipped.

Video on how to remove headlights from car and my lens replacement instructions are on my website at www.c6c7vette.com
Old 05-04-2017, 03:02 AM
VtVette
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

My lenses arrived today. I'm all the way in Las Vegas, clear across the country.

Fantastic product. The high attention to detail is evident in the finish product. Careful packing too.

Rest assured you will be more than happy with these lenses.

Thank you for a great product and a smooth transaction.
RLSebring (05-04-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 08:22 AM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

Thank you! Enjoy and tell them where you got them.

Post up some pics when done.
VtVette (05-04-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 06:32 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

All airfreighted orders are filled.

Normal stock lens are expected May 10th. Get on the list or secure your spot to get the first ones at www.c6c7vette.com 438.00 LENS AND GASKETS Shipped (lower 48)
Jon05vette (05-10-2017)

Quick Reply: about those replacement headlight lens...