Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

Competition Seat Packages for HPDE/Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 08:51 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Competition Package Includes
(1) EVO LF (Series) or Pro 2000 LF (Series) Competition Seat in Black
(1) Marrad Flat Aluminum Black Seat Bracket*
(1) Lap/Sub Belt Bar
(1) Set Schroth Profi II-6 Seat Belt 6 point Black
(1) Sharkbar or Brey Krause Competition Harness Bar

*Note: This flat mounting bracket gets you as low as you can get. Mounts to the factory seat studs and is flush on the floor and comes with its own side mounts. This is a fixed mount and can not be used with sliders.

http://www.xplosiveperformance.com/S...e-_p_3547.html
Old 01-17-2018, 08:58 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

(1) Lap/Sub Belt Bar

*Note: This flat mounting bracket gets you as low as you can get. Mounts to the factory seat studs and is flush on the floor and comes with its own side mounts. This is a fixed mount and can not be used with sliders.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:00 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

(1) Lap/Sub Belt Bar

Xplosive Performance is online now Report Post
Old 04-25-2018, 07:56 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

Getting ready to do some HPDE events and need a seat and harnesses? We've put a package together (even for you tall guys) that contains everything you need to install a competition seat and harnesses in your C5/C6/C7 Corvette.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:59 PM
Hockyz
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Looking forward to my bar, thanks.

Last edited by Hockyz; 05-02-2018 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:33 PM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Hockyz
I ordered a harness bar a week ago and have received no communications about a time line, your website fails when trying to send emails via the contact us page and no one answers the phone. I have an HPDE 2 weeks out and I need this thing in. Can you confirm the status of my order and when it might ship? If it isn't going to be here on time, I need to cancel and get it from someone who can deliver.
Order was placed on the 25th parts where at the powder coaters you should have next week you will get a tracking number when it ships.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:21 PM
DinkyDonut
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I might be looking for a harness bar as well, but I'm having a hard time deciding whether it should be the Shark or BK bar. Any recommendation?

Also, I'm trying to picture the belt routing. Do sub belts route all the way under the seat to reach the lap/sub bar?
Old 05-03-2018, 02:16 PM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by DinkyDonut
I might be looking for a harness bar as well, but I'm having a hard time deciding whether it should be the Shark or BK bar. Any recommendation?

Also, I'm trying to picture the belt routing. Do sub belts route all the way under the seat to reach the lap/sub bar?
Both bar are excellent for holding the shoulder harnesses and bolt in the same place in the car. The Sharkbar is one bar running from pillar to pillar and is a steel bar powder coated. The Brey Krause bar is a stainless steel bar and has a triangulated reinforcing bar attached to the main bar which is nice for mounting camera's and other devices along with strengthening the bar. Your second question is yes the sub belts run under the seat to the lap belt bar. If you do not have seats made for a sub belt and or are running factory seats you should not run sub belts as one it does no good and 2 it will most likely postion the shoulder harness in a wrong postion putting extra pressure on the shoulders and possibly the spine in the event of a mishap. Use the Schroth Profi II-ASM Racing Harness for non racing seats for HPDE events. Yes I know people run 6 points in factory seats all the time still doesn't make it right or safe.

http://www.xplosiveperformance.com/S...ss_p_4197.html

http://www.xplosiveperformance.com/B...O6_p_3734.html

http://www.xplosiveperformance.com/C...sh_p_3649.html
Old 05-07-2018, 10:28 AM
DinkyDonut
Racer

Originally Posted by Xplosive Performance
Both bar are excellent for holding the shoulder harnesses and bolt in the same place in the car. The Sharkbar is one bar running from pillar to pillar and is a steel bar powder coated. The Brey Krause bar is a stainless steel bar and has a triangulated reinforcing bar attached to the main bar which is nice for mounting camera's and other devices along with strengthening the bar. Your second question is yes the sub belts run under the seat to the lap belt bar. If you do not have seats made for a sub belt and or are running factory seats you should not run sub belts as one it does no good and 2 it will most likely postion the shoulder harness in a wrong postion putting extra pressure on the shoulders and possibly the spine in the event of a mishap. Use the Schroth Profi II-ASM Racing Harness for non racing seats for HPDE events. Yes I know people run 6 points in factory seats all the time still doesn't make it right or safe.

http://www.xplosiveperformance.com/S...ss_p_4197.html

http://www.xplosiveperformance.com/B...O6_p_3734.html

http://www.xplosiveperformance.com/C...sh_p_3649.html
The BK bar sounds more interesting to me then. It steals a little bit of luggage space, but if it's stronger and allows for easy mounting of a camera and fire extinguisher, it'll be worth it.

As for seats, I'm actually running a couple of Mark's ST3s. I've seen some who mounted the subs to the crossover bar on the ultra-low bracket, so I'm trying to figure out what is best.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:08 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

The BK bar sounds more interesting to me then. It steals a little bit of luggage space, but if it's stronger and allows for easy mounting of a camera and fire extinguisher, it'll be worth it.

As for seats, I'm actually running a couple of Mark's ST3s. I've seen some who mounted the subs to the crossover bar on the ultra-low bracket, so I'm trying to figure out what is best.
The BK bar is an excellent choice as for the seats we are not familar with the Mark ST3 so it might be best to ask them. We have seen people mount the sub belts to the planted bracket with sucess but it moves the belts farther right and left of the sub belt slots in the seat where the lap belt bar keep them cetered to the slots and in the advent of an incident the forces are in a straight line not on an angle that may pull the straps against your inner thigh.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:11 PM
DinkyDonut
Racer

The BK bar is an excellent choice as for the seats we are not familar with the Mark ST3 so it might be best to ask them. We have seen people mount the sub belts to the planted bracket with sucess but it moves the belts farther right and left of the sub belt slots in the seat where the lap belt bar keep them cetered to the slots and in the advent of an incident the forces are in a straight line not on an angle that may pull the straps against your inner thigh.
Sorry, my bad, I meant Mark, as in Marrad. The guy who makes the sub and lap belt bar, and the seat mount, in your package.

I suppose the cross bar could be used then. Here's what it looks like:
http://www.marradind.com/proddetail.asp?prod=C56MBR-UL

Thanks for all the answers and advice!
Old 05-07-2018, 01:55 PM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

Sorry, my bad, I meant Mark, as in Marrad. The guy who makes the sub and lap belt bar, and the seat mount, in your package.

I suppose the cross bar could be used then. Here's what it looks like:
http://www.marradind.com/proddetail.asp?prod=C56MBR-UL

Thanks for all the answers and advice!
Ok depending on the package we use his lap bar or his low aluminum seat bracket which does not have a cross over bar otherwise we use a planted bracket. Reqardless we would recommend a lap belt bar which securely mount your lap belt and sub belts in a postion that is the strongest and safest with any of the seat mounting brackets
Old 05-25-2018, 11:31 AM
jkduty
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Not sre what your wanting to see. everything fits in the factory location and kind of hard to photo tha base. This is in a 09 zo6 race car with cage using the Sparco circuit II seat. Fit of coarse will depend on the seat chosen
Attachment 48239950

Attachment 48239951
I'm looking into the Circuit II for my C6Z. Will they fit with the factory interior (console, door panels, etc)? Which seat base(s) do I need to maintain power factory driver seat controls and manual passenger seat sliding?

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2018, 11:46 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by jkduty
I'm looking into the Circuit II for my C6Z. Will they fit with the factory interior (console, door panels, etc)? Which seat base(s) do I need to maintain power factory driver seat controls and manual passenger seat sliding?

Thanks!
Sorry not going to work Circuit II will not fit also a containment seat should not be driven on the street since it can interfer with side vision and no race seat mounting bracket I am aware of will allow for power seats
Old 05-25-2018, 11:56 AM
jkduty
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry not going to work Circuit II will not fit also a containment seat should not be driven on the street since it can interfer with side vision and no race seat mounting bracket I am aware of will allow for power seats
OK thanks for the heads up. Based on the seat measurements on the Sparco website, it doesn't look much bigger than other known C6 fitments, but I wasn't sure from your pics if it would fit with the factory console.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:23 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

(1) Lap/Sub Belt Bar
Old 07-12-2018, 08:16 AM
0Xplosive Performance
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '13

(1) Lap/Sub Belt Bar

Quick Reply: Competition Seat Packages for HPDE/Racing