Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

FS: Smaller steering wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 03:58 PM
RedlineGoods.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 142 Likes on 89 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07,-'13

Thank you

Originally Posted by LdkE
Is the steering wheel available with the 2012+ designed left and right button covers as well?
It will be of course! We just need the original 2012+ wheel in our shop to adjust the mould. Do you possibly have a spare whee you can loan us for this purpose?

Will it be available with radio and bluetooth buttons?
No - we will only be providing the wheel itself - there are a few different versions of plastic button trims so it will be easier if you just swap the controls from your current wheel.

will your wheel be fully suede material or mixed with the perforated leather shown above and suede at the top/buttom - or is that on me to decide which material is used where?
As you said - just as all our products, those wheel will also be fully customizable with all the fabrics and colors we offer

What is the ETA right now since you're still in the process of setting up the manufacturing?
ETA for 2005-12 wheels is approx. 6 weeks. For 2012+ wheels it will be longer as we first need to redesign the mould - I think I will have more details for you in a week or so.

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

Join us on FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM for product updates, contests and DISCOUNT CODES!!!

Old 05-14-2018, 02:56 PM
Spartan07
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

This is what I have been waiting for. Cant wait!!
Old 05-14-2018, 04:30 PM
CTGrandSport11
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

looks good!
Old 05-15-2018, 07:03 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '07,-'13

Guys, as making those wheels is a labor and time consuming process please let me ask you how many of you ar interested in ordering smaller wheels. We work on first-in-first-served basis so it will take approx. 6 weeks to complete such order.

How about a GroupBuy list?

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

Last edited by RedlineGoods.com; 05-15-2018 at 07:03 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:33 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineGoods.com
We actually do not work with carbon fiber and it's gonna take some time until we learn it really well. Until that happens, I think we have to love with what we can do really good instead of learning on your wheels

Thank you We'll put in on our website soon, early next week probably. And there will of course be special deals for our forum friends

What exactly do you want to know? As always it will be available in all the colors and options we normally offer 40+ colors of leather, Nappa, Alcantara, plus stripes, custom stitching etc

Our estimations are around $990 shipped - it really is a labor intensive project that requires precise machinerry and highly qualified technicians - that is why it took so long to develop - we had to find a company that will ensure that the best technology available is applied to this product.

But as I said - there will be a special price for you guys - I think $850 shipped is a fair deal, what do you think? It's only $150 more than our flat bottom OEM diameter wheel for something that really is much more complex and unique.

I will be happy to hear your thoughts, as always

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Well - I probably would have jumped on the group buy for this, but just spent ~$550 on a new 2012+ custom wheel so probably won't be jumping on this given the recent investment. Bummer -- would have much preferred this route.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:12 PM
FRCEFED
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I would be very interested in one in the 2012+ style. Jetstream blue stitching.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:53 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '07,-'13

Originally Posted by FRCEFED
I would be very interested in one in the 2012+ style. Jetstream blue stitching.
We're now waiting for an OEM 2012+ steering wheel to be delivered to our design shop for prototyping, I hope to see it ready soon

Originally Posted by Spartan07
Does that mean I should put your name on #1 on our GroupBuy list?

Who's #2?

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

Last edited by RedlineGoods.com; 05-19-2018 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:30 PM
Extreme Engineering
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default #2

We're now waiting for an OEM 2012+ steering wheel to be delivered to our design shop for prototyping, I hope to see it ready soon

Does that mean I should ut your name on #1 on our GroupBuy list?

Who's #2?

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
07 Z06 flat bottom with red stitching- let me know for further details
Fred Hardin
F.hardin@att.net
270-792-7765
Old 05-19-2018, 08:14 AM
FRCEFED
Pro

Does that mean I should ut your name on #1 on our GroupBuy list?

Who's #2?

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Put me on the list for 2012 style with JSB stitching 👍
Old 05-21-2018, 06:28 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '07,-'13

Originally Posted by Extreme Engineering
07 Z06 flat bottom with red stitching- let me know for further details
You mean the flat bottom version of the smaller wheel? Or just a regular flat bottom we have here: https://www.redlinegoods.com/C6fbwheel.php?

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

Last edited by RedlineGoods.com; 05-21-2018 at 06:28 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:30 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '07,-'13

Originally Posted by Spartan07
Are you interested in geting this first prototype wheel for your Vette? It is for sale of course

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 05-21-2018, 09:05 AM
Mlee83
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm interested in the prototype. Pmd you my number, thanks.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:30 PM
RedlineGoods.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '07,-'13

Guys, the smaller diameter steering wheel for C6 will be oficially available under this link: https://www.redlinegoods.com/C6fbwheel.php tomorrow. Te official retail price, for a start, will be $895 shipped.

However, as we're having a Memorial Day today we decided to drop the price for the FIRST 10 STEERING WHEELS to $750 SHIPPED!. This offer is for CorvetteForum Members ONLY and is not advertised anywhere else!

And THERE'S MORE: we're offering $50 REFUND to everyone who will post their referral with a few good quality photos of the steering wheel instaled in the car on forums and facebook! What do you think?

Everyone interested, PM me for details on how to order yours. The offer is valid until End of This Week (but only until first 10 wheels are ordered).

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

Old 06-04-2018, 04:44 PM
RedlineGoods.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '07,-'13

Guys, on top of the above deal we decoded to offer you a 100% risk-free deal so that you can just check if the smaller wheel is something for you If, for whatever reason, you're not happy with the wheel, you can return it and we will refund you 100% of the price you paid + we will cover the costs of shiping it back to us. This deal is available for the first 3 smaller wheels sold.

All other conditions, like special Corvetteforum price of $750 and $50 refund upon forum feedback still valid of course

What do you think? Fair enough?

As for available colors and options - as usual, everything we normally offer for Corvette shift boots and all other products is of course available, including Nappa leather, Alcantara, and all the decoration options you can find in our color chart

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

Last edited by RedlineGoods.com; 06-04-2018 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:06 AM
c6moneypit
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I am upset that I only discovered this thread tonight... I am absolutely interested! I was hoping someone would develop a smaller diameter steering wheel for the C6! I have a 2013 Grand sport. I understand that only the outer wheel portion is purchased... forgive me if this was answered before, but how is the part supplied? Do you send the purchaser the wheel first and send our outer wheel back as a core? Or is it an outright part purchase? Oh, and mine would be Inferno Orange stitching
Old 06-06-2018, 08:17 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '07,-'13

It is an outright part purchase - we buy cores, reshape them, mold a new rubber overlay around them and after waping in leather or Alcantara provide you with a complete steering wheel for an easy installation in your car (you only need to put your airbag and button pods into this wheel).

So no need to provide a core - you will be better off selling your current wheel on ebay after receiveing a new one from us

No need to be upset as well - we only have earlier C6 wheel ready - the 2012+ version is now in progress and it will take some time until it's ready.

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

Last edited by RedlineGoods.com; 06-06-2018 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:17 PM
c6moneypit
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

It is an outright part purchase - we buy cores, reshape them, mold a new rubber overlay around them and after waping in leather or Alcantara provide you with a complete steering wheel for an easy installation in your car (you only need to put your airbag and button pods into this wheel).

So no need to provide a core - you will be better off selling your current wheel on ebay after receiveing a new one from us

No need to be upset as well - we only have earlier C6 wheel ready - the 2012+ version is now in progress and it will take some time until it's ready.

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Well put me high on the list once the 2012+ c6 small diameter wheel is ready!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Smaller steering wheel?

Old 06-08-2018, 03:24 PM
kiztope
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm interested, but need a 2012+ wheel!
Old 06-08-2018, 10:39 PM
ZO ZICK
Team Owner

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

The following users liked this post:
BigPappas (12-07-2018)
Old 06-09-2018, 02:34 PM
FRCEFED
Pro

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Same as me as stated before. I’m ready NOW to purchase the 2012+ style with jsb stitching!! Can I get the discount offer as well??

Quick Reply: FS: Smaller steering wheel?