Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

FS: Performance Lower Shifter Boxes

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 06:45 PM
russ472
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 161 Posts

After venting on this thread and to Tom, I finally got my shifter box was able to install it today. It was well worth the wait and made a huge difference in the amount of effort to shift.
I hope Tom changes his mind about making a shifter that won't rotate. Really want to try the shifter, but I like the stock ****.
The following users liked this post:
TMODcustoms (11-12-2018)
Old 11-15-2018, 01:06 PM
johnzyZ06
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by russ472
After venting on this thread and to Tom, I finally got my shifter box was able to install it today. It was well worth the wait and made a huge difference in the amount of effort to shift.
I hope Tom changes his mind about making a shifter that won't rotate. Really want to try the shifter, but I like the stock ****.
I really hope it is worth the wait! I have been waiting some time now, but I know its not on Tom. It on all those people who arent sending in there cores right away ahaha
I will be sending in my core as fast as i can so the next guy doesnt have to wait so long.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:45 PM
Michelob1
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Anybody know someone else besides the op who is doing these boxes? I need someone who can do what they say they are going to do.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:51 PM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Received 1,281 Likes on 926 Posts

I wonder why more people dont step up and help the corvette community...oh wait...maybe because of **** posts like above.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:55 PM
Michelob1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Apocolipse
I wonder why more people dont step up and help the corvette community...oh wait...maybe because of **** posts like above.
And what exactly do you know about this? **** is what you posted.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:57 PM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Received 1,281 Likes on 926 Posts

Can take it from the tone of your message. Go buy a MGW for twice the price - im sure summit stocks them.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:23 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by Michelob1

And what exactly do you know about this? **** is what you posted.
then why don’t you just say what you mean so we don’t have to guess?
Old 11-16-2018, 07:55 PM
theandrewo
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Michelob1
Anybody know someone else besides the op who is doing these boxes? I need someone who can do what they say they are going to do.
If you'd like to open a dispute with the vendor, you can post in the Transactions Feedback section. These forum rules are referenced here. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:16 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Received 173 Likes on 132 Posts

I'm happy to have anyone with a problem discuss it hear. I probably won't respond as quickly as I would if you email me directly but it's ok with me. I'm sorry for the drama, I appreciate everyone input. I had to schedule a call with Michelob1. It was totally my fault, I was supposed to call him and take his order and I just couldn't make it a couple times. We got it handled all is good. Going forward, I always try to accommodate everyone's unique situations a best I can, but I am not reliable when it comes to getting me on the phone. Let that be known, that's just how it is. If you absolutely need to talk to me on the phone I will do my best, but it will be at my earliest convenience and that's about all I can say.

In other news...

I said I wasn't going to do it but I did buy 15 more shifter boxes in an effort to get the wait times down. They will be here this upcoming week and I will get them out within a day or two of receiving them. The addition of these boxes into circulation as well should help. I'm also giving the option of including prepaid shipping labels and packaging to return cores with. Now when you get a new box you just toss your old one in the mail, no need to go to the post office or UPS store or anything, just mail it back from home. I'm hoping these changes will shorten the wait times, we shall see. Have a nice weekend everyone, thank you for your support!
Old 11-16-2018, 08:26 PM
Michelob1
Instructor

I wasn’t trying to bash the op. I was legitimately asking if anybody knew someone else who did this. We got it worked out so all is good.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:42 PM
yip
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Do you sell a derlin ball/bushing that goes on the end of the stock shifter that sits in the lower box cup?

Also, I recently installed a SS shifter and it's very tight except for when I grab the **** and twist it clockwise or counter clockwise like as if I am tightening the **** or loosening it. It has what feels like a couple of millimeters of play in each direction.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:30 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by yip
Do you sell a derlin ball/bushing that goes on the end of the stock shifter that sits in the lower box cup?

Also, I recently installed a SS shifter and it's very tight except for when I grab the **** and twist it clockwise or counter clockwise like as if I am tightening the **** or loosening it. It has what feels like a couple of millimeters of play in each direction.

Core Shifters sells that cup bushing that your looking for. ( it's the same for all C5-current cars)

https://core-shifters.com/products/2...tingray-tr6070

Unfortunately with any shifter that uses bushings, especially the factory one, your going to have a bit more slop than you would like. That's something that they pretty much all start out with and it just gets worse as they get older\ used more. That's one of the biggest reasons I use bearings on everything I possibly can. A bearing might seize up or fail ( not that they ever would in this particular application, they are way overkill for the job) but they are not going to gain slop thru usage. I'd recommend at least sending in your box for upgrades. Shoot me a PM or an email if there is anything else on your mind.

C5, C6 & C7
Performance Shifter Boxes
Upgraded Shifter Options

Zero-Slop Shifter Linkages
Don't replace your clutch without upgrading your linkage!

www.TMODCUSTOMS.com
info@tmodcustoms.com

Old 11-17-2018, 12:09 AM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Hey everyone, I did a couple billet gas cap for a friend and it turned out really nice so I'm going to do a batch if enough people want them. Here's pics of the one I just finished If you want one chime in or shoot me an email or pm and let me know what you want so I can get a count. They are going to be $60.00. If there enough interest I'm thinking finishing options will be as follows:

Polished with Clear Anodizing
Red, Blue & Gunmetal Anodizing
Black & Grey Metallic Powder Coat

If anything else is more popular is fine with me but in order to get any anodized finishes minimum numbers need to be met. Let me know what you think. The flag pattern Hydrodip is available it's painted white dipped then painted with automotive clear.

Old 11-17-2018, 09:14 PM
suburban
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I’ll take a metallic silver gas cap.
TMODcustoms (11-18-2018)
Old 11-18-2018, 08:59 AM
BMF_C6
Pro

Received 311 Likes on 186 Posts

I have to thank Tom & TMODSCUSTOMS for one of the best mods yet to my 2005 Base Coupe - the new 5% shifter is amazing and I have to say after years of driving this car while it was my son's, I have always wondered if all vette shifters were as clunky as the one in this car, it had a B&M short throw in it from the previous owner.

Boy was I wrong!!! - I have now learned how absolutely smooth and accurate the shifting can be ---- should have done this years ago!!!!! The best mod yet!!!

This is what a sports/super car is supposed to feel like and I love the look, also anyone questioning the stick spin - I can tell you it does not make 1 bit of difference - it feels so natural and the precision compared to the way it was is just amazing. I also LOVE the new look - it looks so bad ***!!!

If you are waiting for yours just let me tell you it is SO WORTH the wait........if you can do like I did and pull the box out and send it to Tom the wait is nothing, if you have a new shifter and waiting to install it - it takes ~ an hour or two - get it done and get the cores back to help Tom satisfy all the others.......what the hell are you waiting for - this car is fun as hell to drive now!!!

Thank You Tom - you answered every one of my emails and questions I had and you have done an amazing job at realizing a problem and creating a solution!!!!

TAKE A LOOK HERE

TMODcustoms (11-18-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 02:10 PM
Must_Have_Z
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 105 Posts

Just wanted to give Tom a big thank you for completing my lower box so quickly. Tom informed me that if I send in my box, I'll jump to the front of the line and get an upgraded version back quickly. And he was right. It only took about 5-6 business days total including shipping both ways to get my new shifter box. I'm not sure why everyone doesn't send theirs in right away instead of waiting for a core refund. Your car won't be down that long!

Here's a picture. Everything is clean, tight and smooth (just like any good box should be am I right?). Hoping to install it soon. Thanks again Tom!

TMODcustoms (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 03:43 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Just a quick post to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to report back about their shifters and boxes. It really is just the coolest feeling to see just how much everyone is enjoying the parts I'm making. Thank you so much for the feedback, the great feedback that is! I do try really hard to keep this thing going as smoothly as possible. I know there are still some people waiting, for this I apologize truly, I am doing everything I can to get the wait times down. I think it will be a thing of the past pretty soon.
Thank you again, sincerely. Please keep the feedback coming, good or bad, my goal is to make everyone's experience as great as I possibly can.

Get notified of new replies

To Performance Lower Shifter Boxes

Old 11-27-2018, 05:08 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Default Pricing

Originally Posted by Daddyrama31
How much??
Pricing:

Shifter: $150.00
Box: $145.00
Core(if needed) $100.00
Core Charge will be refunded when I recieve your old box back. Only if your core is returned within 30 days.
Cores not returned within 30 days will forfeit their core Charge, please return your core in a timely manner, everyone in line will appreciate it.

Please send me an email and I will be happy to discuss all the available options and help everyone decide on a one to one basis what options you will like best.

tmodcustoms@gmail.com
Old 11-27-2018, 05:11 PM
theandrewo
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

I put a deposit down for my shifter box - can't wait! Pulling my core and sending it in today so I don't have to wait.
TMODcustoms (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 08:25 PM
double06
Melting Slicks

Received 374 Likes on 299 Posts

I installed mine today (lower box) and it was a big improvement over the stock box. My stock box had like 20,000 miles on it and it was beginning to go. Very firm shifts. I have the MTI 6 Shooter and with Tom's lower box you can really feel the difference with tight aftermarket shifter. Good upgrade for people to do.
TMODcustoms (11-27-2018)

Quick Reply: FS: Performance Lower Shifter Boxes