Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

FS: Performance Lower Shifter Boxes

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 02:12 AM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Received 173 Likes on 132 Posts

Website is up!

www.tmodcustoms.com

Old 07-14-2021, 06:51 AM
msm07c6
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 62 Posts

DEANDOLLA, how did you get the factory rubber bushings and the metal inserts into the slotted holes in the lower box? I started out with Delrin bushings and then went to poly...tried to go back to factory rubber last weekend but ended up keeping the poly as I couldn't get everything situated in the slotted holes correctly. I tried putting the bushing into the hole first then inserting the metal piece, and I tried inserting the metal piece into the bushing then pressing that assembly into the hole...no go either way and I mangled one set of bushings trying. Must be something this ham-fisted guy is missing.

Last edited by msm07c6; 07-14-2021 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:02 AM
Maicol Pregnolato
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

i have a machined lower shifter box and the 20% shorter throw assembly from @TMODcustoms and i could not be happier!
thank you again for the wonderful work you made!
The following users liked this post:
TMODcustoms (07-14-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 05:45 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by msm07c6
DEANDOLLA, how did you get the factory rubber bushings and the metal inserts into the slotted holes in the lower box? I started out with Delrin bushings and then went to poly...tried to go back to factory rubber last weekend but ended up keeping the poly as I couldn't get everything situated in the slotted holes correctly. I tried putting the bushing into the hole first then inserting the metal piece, and I tried inserting the metal piece into the bushing then pressing that assembly into the hole...no go either way and I mangled one set of bushings trying. Must be something this ham-fisted guy is missing.

Stay away from the factory rubber, it just does not last very long at all. When I install the Poly bushings I push the Poly bushing into the box, then push the metal insert into the bushing, hole the bottom Poly piece in place and secure them in place with a small ziptie. They don't have to be perfect, just lined up enough so that you can get the bolt through all of them in the correct alignment. Leave the ziptie on there and get the bolts started, when you have the box tight enough that the Poly parts are held in place correctly you can cut the zipties out. Usually this is not really necessary but it will make it way easier. Here is a pic. Shoot me an email if you need a new set.

For Delrin bushings I hold them in place, say the top \ front bushing for example and squeeze it in a vise, it will click into place and stay in there, next do the opposite bottom \ front bushing. Once they are seated with force they will stay in place. Let me know if I can help out.

Old 07-14-2021, 05:48 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

I will add that once you seat the Delrin bushings and remove them they are going to be hard or impossible to reuse. I make them a couple tho oversized so that when they press in they are crushed a little, I do not recommend trying to reuse them once they have been in and removed.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:03 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

No Core No Problem! Billet Shifter Boxes are in stock. No need to send in your box or pay the core charge, simply install the shaft from your stock box into the Billet Box and it's ready to go in the car.
If your running any shifter that uses the factory shifter bushing you also want to add our upgraded shifter bushing to your order. Our new upgraded shifter bushings eliminates the rest of the slop between the shifter and
the box.

www.tmodcustoms.com

Quick Reply: FS: Performance Lower Shifter Boxes