WTB (Want To Buy) Iím looking for cheap z06 brakes front and back - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted
Reload this Page >

WTB: Iím looking for cheap z06 brakes front and back

Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Iím looking for cheap z06 brakes front and back

Old 09-14-2018, 07:42 PM
Smoky Nbandit

Default Iím looking for cheap z06 brakes front and back

I have a c3 and looking to update the stopping power of you have brakes and rotors for cheap let me know Iím not loaded canít afford a lot, but just seeing whatís out there. My project car has sat for years Iím finally getting back into it it needs a lot but first Iím focusing on making it road worthy. Brakes first lol
Old 09-22-2018, 05:50 PM
Domino864

Default z06 brakes

Originally Posted by Smoky Nbandit View Post
I have a c3 and looking to update the stopping power of you have brakes and rotors for cheap let me know Iím not loaded canít afford a lot, but just seeing whatís out there. My project car has sat for years Iím finally getting back into it it needs a lot but first Iím focusing on making it road worthy. Brakes first lol
So you are looking for calipers, pads and rotors or just pads and rotors?
Old 09-22-2018, 08:59 PM
FRCEFED
CF Senior Member

I have a set of 2008 z06 rotors w/ 22k miles in exc cond for $200, but shipping would probably kill you. Where are you located?
Old 09-23-2018, 01:56 AM
Smoky Nbandit

Sorry for late response Iím located in nc preferably looking for a complete stock calipers rotors pads ect, just seeing whatís out there
Old 09-23-2018, 01:58 AM
Smoky Nbandit

Iím doing my project on a very limited amount of money basically I make a couple $100 every week or two that Iím able to sometimes save after everything else, just tryna get her road worthy of possible
Old 09-28-2018, 09:59 PM
Smoky Nbandit

Preferably around the $200 range c6s
Old 09-28-2018, 10:05 PM
chpmnsws6
CF Senior Member

You'll be looking at C5 or base C6 brakes in that range. The lowest I've seen C6Z calipers (only calipers) go for was 800. They're pricey!

The base c5/c6 brake setup with good pads work surprisingly well.

Last edited by chpmnsws6; 09-28-2018 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:56 AM
Ninjavitis

Originally Posted by chpmnsws6 View Post
You'll be looking at C5 or base C6 brakes in that range. The lowest I've seen C6Z calipers (only calipers) go for was 800. They're pricey!

The base c5/c6 brake setup with good pads work surprisingly well.
Also will need appropriate wheels to boot, you used to be able to simply buy the Z06 brakes new for 200$ a caliper for the fronts but I believe the prices have gone up since they're not actively manufactured still.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:05 PM
Smoky Nbandit

Yea thatís what one of the other members here had said when he offered them for 1,000 lol Iím mainly looking to see whatís out there eventually something may come up, I have 20s Iím installing this week once I get my spacers
Old 09-29-2018, 11:12 PM
Smoky Nbandit

Aftermarket calipers pads and rotors only as a kit when I glanced which might not be direct fit but was only $600 which may be a good route for what Iím trying to do compared to used if I canít find them for what I have right now. I picked up my wheels for cheap couple $100 bucks just need a few tires. Still gotta get a new battery and alternator as I donít believe mine is strong enough or good anymore battery wonít stay charged and itís simi new I hardly use the car. Thatís why I started buying stuff for it to get it going again although not the right direction at once eventually I have a lot to replace all rubber components bushings ect. Have a lot of plans eventually to get to just broke most of the time haha

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.