Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

FS: Morimoto xB Corvette LED Tails - RED ONLY

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 09:21 PM
Supturbo
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

NIce!!! Clears look good but I opted for the reds.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:25 PM
Topgun11
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Supturbo
NIce!!! Clears look good but I opted for the reds.
My car is machine silver. I have the clear side markers already figured these would really tie it all together.. otherwise, I’m right there with you on the reds.. will post pics of lights installed tomorrow.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:45 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 336 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Supturbo
Nope nothing yet, but after calling and talking with Umn I have no doubt we will all get our lights. The background explanation really helped me with understanding what the hell is going on and I really appreciated the time they took with me. Let's just be patient for awhile longer, the wait will be worth it when we install these bad boys!
Old 03-24-2019, 07:45 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Topgun11
After waiting since September, I finally have my lights. While these are the clear/light smoked lenses and not the red lens lights that many of you are waiting for, I wanted to post the photos of unboxing the product as well as the label that was used to ship the package (since that has become a big deal for some reason). Thank you to the guys at Umnitza for coming through for me. It was a long wait, but it was well worth it! I have no doubt that your red tails will be arriving soon as promised. I’m satisfied and can’t wait to install these tomorrow!

Old 03-25-2019, 06:15 PM
F110Mech
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Is there an anticipated date that the first 15 are going to ship now that we have tracking numbers?
Old 03-25-2019, 06:17 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Hopefully any moment now, working with TRS to get a firm landing time daily at this point.
They could have already been shipped (many of the same items on that same shipment went out already).

Last edited by info@umnitza.com; 03-25-2019 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:18 PM
F110Mech
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by info@umnitza.com
Hopefully any moment now, working with TRS to get a firm landing time daily at this point.
They could have already been shipped (many of the same items on that same shipment went out already).
I'm confused. How did we go from possibly installing them during the NCAA tournament to they're back ordered and we have no idea when they're coming in? Do you mean shipped to us or shipped from Taiwan?
Old 03-25-2019, 07:54 PM
TLSKenC7
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bert,

I hope you can actually understand where we're coming from. If you bought them from WM, AZ, or anyone else, the rules of the forum would still apply on our created threads....as they would apply on any other vendor's created threads. Those are the rules of the forum. We politely asked you to follow those rules. You only have 5 posts, so maybe the rules of the forum aren't something you're as familiar with but this online forum and many many others require advertisers to pay for the right to post. This is usually very expensive and giving away free advertising on our thread is simply not accepted practice. It would be similar to Microsoft paying for an advertising billboard on I94 and Apple coming in and plastering their logo over that billboard somewhere.

Additionally, you'd be surprised how many vendors try to not pay for advertising/sponsorships and skirt the rules by asking customers, lackeys, and even their own employees to post on competitor's threads in an effort to avoid the rules and avoid paying for the sponsor costs.

When we create threads, it's simple: We pay for the privilege to create those threads. You want to mention other vendors on other threads, you have full freedom to do so within the rules set forth by the forum's admins. As the thread creator, those rules also apply to us.

Finally, on CorvetteForum - which is run better than most by the admins, it's been long required to refrain from even mentioning other competitors on our own threads, good or bad, it's just good etiquette.
Thanks for reading and understanding. Hopefully we can gain a better footing on this together.
Message Received
Old 03-25-2019, 08:03 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by F110Mech
I'm confused. How did we go from possibly installing them during the NCAA tournament to they're back ordered and we have no idea when they're coming in? Do you mean shipped to us or shipped from Taiwan?
Sorry, I don't know why on the phone it's so much easier to explain than in writing

The shipment by AIR using TVL service is all done in bulk on a pallet going directly to TRS. That was actually very well explained - in terms of the process of what's happening - by JimJam above with only a few missing points but generally spot on in terms of the process:

Items finished build -> items boxed and palletized -> broker contacted -> broker picks up and starts customs clearance outbound -> schedules flight based on space -> flight makes typical or non-typical hops -> freight lands -> gets transferred to bonded warehouse for clearance -> may or may not be xRay held for examination (0 visibility, it could be 1 hour or 10 days) -> broker is informed of clearance and begins customs paperwork -> paperwork is processed by recipient -> customs payment, broker payment, misc payments are made for clearance -> pick up or delivery is scheduled (THIS IS KEY - SEE LATER) -> items are picked up or delivered and -> items unloaded for itemization/inventory management -> items go outbound and within 2-3 days (for us) get delivered to you.

the Bold above is the ONLY place where you can gain or lose time - if you choose to go pick up the items, you can gain as much as 3 days because - and this is true in NorCal and SoCal what we're most familiar with - most delivery drivers are so overwhelmed it's often hard to get people to schedule a delivery...not always but sometimes. If you choose to pick up the minute the items land (something we ALMOST ALWAYS DO) then you can actually in some cases process the inventory in real time on your phone, have the labels on the boxes, AND deliver the items for shipping on the same day. This is not common, but can be done from time to time, we did this for the C6 lenses and some of the Gen 1 headlights we shipped.

Anyways, didn't mean to give you guys a college first level course on distribution channels and logistics but those are the background details that people often don't see. In any case, the TRS Matt has the labels in Luis's hands - the minute that pallet of tails lands, they get labels slapped on them and USPS drops them off to you in 2-3 days. So hopefully that will happen tomorrow or WORST case by Thursday, so we can still meet our NCAA deadline

Forgot one PS:
PS: this is ONLY for those first 15 people that got tracking numbers, the rest of you, we have those ready to generate as soon as TRS tells us the next units are 2-3 days away.
EDIT #2 missing a couple of steps- added in red

Last edited by info@umnitza.com; 03-25-2019 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:26 PM
Blackbird313
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wowwwwwwew
Old 03-25-2019, 08:26 PM
Blackbird313
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Summer will be over before they arrive
The following users liked this post:
jimijam (03-25-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 09:00 PM
Jpfeifer
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Tails

Everyone is in the same boat! It's a waiting game that I'm sure will be worth the wait. Yes some have waited longer than others but they are doing everything in their power to get us those tails as quickly as they can. Everyone's negative comments are not helping anyone!
Old 03-26-2019, 01:38 AM
chubbs6350
Burning Brakes

Received 831 Likes on 368 Posts

Can you please pm me the tracking number. I've tried to pm you but your mailbox might be full.

Thanks
Old 03-26-2019, 12:05 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

@chubbs6350 we have 25K available PM capacity - it's not full.
please PM or email to info@umnitza.com
Old 03-26-2019, 12:05 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Jpfeifer
Everyone is in the same boat! It's a waiting game that I'm sure will be worth the wait. Yes some have waited longer than others but they are doing everything in their power to get us those tails as quickly as they can. Everyone's negative comments are not helping anyone!
Old 03-26-2019, 12:08 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

@Blackbird313 - I'm confused about your comments. You are making comments on this thread about delays, yet you posted a comment on another vendor's thread saying you received a "TEXT" that the order was shipped.
I just want to understand your concerns correctly. Did you buy the tails from us? or did you buy from another vendor? Because if you bought from another vendor, it seems your concerns should be directed to them. If you bought from us (since we really can't easily coordinate user names with actual order names or paypal addresses) then did you buy multiple sets?

Anyways, PM us your information if you did in fact buy from us.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:16 PM
chubbs6350
Burning Brakes

Received 831 Likes on 368 Posts

@chubbs6350 we have 25K available PM capacity - it's not full.
please PM or email to info@umnitza.com
OK thanks, I just sent an email.

Get notified of new replies

To Morimoto xB Corvette LED Tails - RED ONLY

Old 03-26-2019, 12:48 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Ok, got you back.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:30 PM
jimijam
Melting Slicks