Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

C6 Alternate License Plate Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 01:25 PM
BaileyMotorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Alternate License Plate Bracket

Here is one possible solution for those of us who are fortunate enough to have a caring state government. Who makes having a front plate mandatory.

We offer the Shopman 2005 C6 Alternate License Plate Bracket

Take a look.

There are 2 options:

1. Just the bracket with the plate.(top picture)
2. Your stock plate mount, on top of the bracket.(bottom picture)

Don't ruin your car, with the stock plate placement.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:01 PM
paystyle
Pro

With all due respect, as much as your effort in this matter is appreciated, I don't think it looks any more appealing than mounting the license plate directly to the front. But in your defense, I don't think there's any good looking solution to this "problem" short of changing the front bumper itself.

Personally I will opt to go w/o a front license plate and not give it another second's thought. If you get caught, in CA it's just a fix-it ticket, so you can just affix it temporarily, have an officer sign off on it, then remove it when you get home.

To each his/her own.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:15 AM
docrings1
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
C6 FAQ Master

With all due respect... THANKS for creating a more attractive alternative to the factory DRILLED license plate holder (OUCH!) or the super sticky tape option...
The location of your new holder is more desirable and less obtrusive...

Thanks again!
Old 12-13-2004, 12:18 AM
GTP
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by paystyle
With all due respect, as much as your effort in this matter is appreciated, I don't think it looks any more appealing than mounting the license plate directly to the front. But in your defense, I don't think there's any good looking solution to this "problem" short of changing the front bumper itself.

Personally I will opt to go w/o a front license plate and not give it another second's thought. If you get caught, in CA it's just a fix-it ticket, so you can just affix it temporarily, have an officer sign off on it, then remove it when you get home.

To each his/her own.

FYI as of Jan 1st 2005 fix it tickets are being reported to the DMV and your insurance company as defective equipment. I don't know if a point is being assigned to the ticket but your insurance will be affected. I just got a update letter from Progressive insurance last week stating they will handle fix it tickets as a "defective equipment" violation and your policy premium will be affected. Other insurance carriers are soon to follow i'm sure!

Oh, and I tried the velcro trick on my Z06. I even went as far as to glue the heads of some bolts on the plate and then affix it to the car. They promptly tugged on the plate when I went to get it signed off and told me to come back when it was properly attached.

Aaron Lephart
Old 12-13-2004, 01:58 AM
PaceThis
Race Director

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by GTP
FYI as of Jan 1st 2005 fix it tickets are being reported to the DMV and your insurance company as defective equipment. I don't know if a point is being assigned to the ticket but your insurance will be affected. I just got a update letter from Progressive insurance last week stating they will handle fix it tickets as a "defective equipment" violation and your policy premium will be affected. Other insurance carriers are soon to follow i'm sure!

Oh, and I tried the velcro trick on my Z06. I even went as far as to glue the heads of some bolts on the plate and then affix it to the car. They promptly tugged on the plate when I went to get it signed off and told me to come back when it was properly attached.

Aaron Lephart
That's pretty funny
What'd they think of your glued on bolts
Old 12-15-2004, 11:57 AM
jkress
Intermediate

When I received a ticket for my mercedes, all they did is look at the plate from a distance. I think the cops screwed with you. That SUCKS!
Old 12-15-2004, 09:29 PM
gkvetteuno
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

Yours looks much better than the factory one. Upon seeing the factory unit, I felt very fortunate to live in Florida with no need to use it.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:31 AM
Snohomish Vette
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BaileyMotorsports
Here is one possible solution for those of us who are fortunate enough to have a caring state government. Who makes having a front plate mandatory.

We offer the Shopman 2005 C6 Alternate License Plate Bracket

Take a look.

There are 2 options:

1. Just the bracket with the plate.(top picture)
2. Your stock plate mount, on top of the bracket.(bottom picture)

Don't ruin your car, with the stock plate placement.
Can the bracket be fitted further back in the grill opening?

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Alternate License Plate Bracket

Quick Reply: C6 Alternate License Plate Bracket